Marc Emery

Guest guest

Marc Emery recieved 5 years prison for shipping seeds into the United States of America Yesterday. He was the first seed bank, after Nevil got busted(AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE Go - Nevil, an Australian of Dutch heritage started Sensi seeds,; he skipped bail and has not been heard of since, though it is rumored sometimes in the shadows at the Cup he is seen.) that would send seeds internationally.

He did make a lot of money, but he also gave quite a bit away to worthy causes;

The first decent seeds I ever germinated were from him.

I hope he does not have to serve 5 years, and that reason will prevail.

I wish you all the best Marc,

john

A Funny story... When I was very young backpacking in europe we went to Holland & a guy invited us to buy the best weed at Neville's growing Mansion, it's still the largest "grow house" I ever seem; the guy's a Sativa expert, bring a lot of landraces from Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, Panama (that was my first try of Panamenian Gold (& my country's next to Panama!) , that I don't think it exist any more but was a lovely high!!!! I thought that Neville was part of the old Green House... so it was sensi... good cannabis hystory my friend.

Positive vibs to Marc Emery, that's awfull, been send away for 5 years because of seeds.....

some news I found at dutch passion's page:

USA: Marc Emery Prosecutor Now Says Legalize Marijuana! 2010, September 10

In a Seattle Times op-ed Saturday, former US Attorney for the Western District of Washington John McKay defected to the other side. As the federal prosecutor in Seattle, McKay oversaw the indictment and prosecution of Canadian marijuana seed seller and pot advocate Marc Emery, who now sits in an American federal detention facility awaiting the formal handing down of a five-year prison sentence later this month. But while he thinks Emery and most pot-smokers are "idiots," McKay has come to see the futility of continuing to enforce marijuana prohibition.

"As Emery's prosecutor and a former federal law-enforcement official, however, I'm not afraid to say out loud what most of my former colleagues know is true: Our marijuana policy is dangerous and wrong and should be changed through the legislative process to better protect the public safety," he wrote. Marijuana prohibition "has utterly failed," McKay concluded. "The demand for marijuana in this country has for decades outpaced the ability of law enforcement to eliminate it," he declared, ready to throw in the towel. "Brave agents and cops continue to risk their lives in a futile attempt to enforce misguided laws that do not match the realities of our society," he wrote.

"These same agents and cops, along with prosecutors, judges and jailers, know we can't win by arresting all those involved in the massive importation, growth or distribution of marijuana, nor by locking up all the pot smokers." Pot prohibition fills the pockets of "Mexican and other international drug cartels and gangs," even though marijuana is nowhere nearly as harmful to users as other illegal drugs, McKay wrote. "So the policy is wrong, the law has failed, the public is endangered, no one in law enforcement is talking about it and precious few policymakers will honestly face the soft-on-crime sound bite in their next elections. What should be done?" McKay asks.

Guest superbluehaze

The so called war on Drugs is a stupidity

. Here we have an enormous problem with young drinking large amounts of alcohol; just last Friday an enormous number of people were arrested, due to violence and unsocial behavior from drinking.

If we had cafes here, as they do in Holland, then these people would not be drinking as much, but would be smoking and staying calm and non-violent.

This is an enormous problem all over the world.

Moreover, what government could not do with more money to build hospitals and schools.

The pot market here is enormous, and literally billions of dollars is spent on it; money that could be taxed, if our drug policies were more rational, not to mention the enormous expenditure on law enforcement, the courts and the cost of imprisonment.

Moreover, the police could spend their time pursuing real criminals, those that rape and murder, and not those that are just smoking a herb.

It is human nature to want to go to another place, and pot has been a friend to humanity for over 10,000 years. No one has ever died from a overdoing on marijuana, and as we all know it offers relief to many who are sick.

Besides what sort of government declares war on its own people. Surely, our bodies are our own, and what we choose to put into them, providing we do not violate the freedom of others, it our own business.

As adults we should have the freedom to decide and not have paternalistic governments deciding for us what we can do and what we can not with our own bodies.

In a democracy adults should be able to make such decisions for the themselves. Marc has not hurt any one, and he sold seeds it is true, but to others who chose to buy them - as has been stated, there was no victim here, just two adults agreeing on a commercial transaction, both exercising their freedom to choose for themselves.

I believe in the end, this repression will end, but it will not end for the right reasons, governments all over the world are feeling the economical crisis, and eventually will have to end this madness for one simple reason, they need the money.

Where does that leave Marc? What serious crime did he commit - did kill some one? did he rob some one? did rape a woman or child? No! he did not. Yet he is facing a sentence that would be given to a person that did; I ask you which is a crime: selling seeds, or raping women and children? You decide!

john

Totally Agree with you my man... plus by keeping Marihuana illigal the "business" goes directly to the black markets control by the drug cartels Mafias & gangs, whom became more rich & wealthy every day, as much that they challenged govrmments as it happen in Mexico & the USA border, the area already is a "civilian war zone" & the ones sufering the most are the civilians, just came back from Huoston & we went to Mexico for 2 days, man what a dissaster!!! soldiers, chopers, humby's, tanks & of course the maffia army is not far from the US/Mx authorities regarding weapons & eqipment...

Guest superbluehaze

hi angusc,

Neville was the founder of Sensi seeds.

Before the days of the internet, he advertised in High Times, and sent seeds internationally.

Arjan is the founder of Green House, and he came after Neville; he was around but then he was a grower,( though these days that is only a rumor) who had developed his own strains, but as the cafes would not stock his strains(they said there was no demand for them!), he went off and started his own cafe, Green House cafe, and has not look back since.

Both are men of vision and dedication.

Neville developed such strains as Northern lights 5(which he imported from the States as clone and he stabilized it and developed seeds from it, as well many other strains which include: hash plant, skunk 1, big bud, and the haze the list goes on and on.

Marc had the guts to sells seeds, when no one else would take the risk, because Neville had been pursued and busted for doing exactly that. These men are men of vision, imagination and dedication; people we can respect.

john

Marc's seeds were overpriced... I don't mind the guy but he marked up all his seeds way too much and brand named "bc bud" from dutch genetics. He also wasn't the only seed seller in Canada but the US were watching him for a long time and probably others now too who ship seeds into the United States.

Guest superbluehaze

Mark Emery was the first to sell seeds over the internet; I remember - u where probably a baby then. He did not produce the seeds; he sold them, at a time when good genetics where almost impossible to get unless you lived in Holland or traveled there; who cares about price, when you can not get them anywhere else, he had no competitors, no one else was doing then.

You are probably too young to remember those days, but I do.

john

Guest superbluehaze

You anguscr, unlike few of us. have direct experience of what is happening in Mexico and on the border; it is war, but this war is one of bullets and not just words - thousands of lives have been lost as the various gangs fight it out amongst themselves and with the authorities. It is crazy, and all because of prohibition.

john

Guest superbluehaze

Fuck the D.E.A., all they are interested in, is poking their noses into poeple 's personal business; they are going to be very busy bees, if they attempt to totally close down all the seed sellers that ship to the States - it would take twice the present deficiet of the United States as their are so many seed banks now, in I do not know how many countries, and besides things are changing in the states, and the D.E.A is always attempting to stomp all over the other states and their rights.

It has got too big now to stop, even for the DEA; I think their attention would be better focused on the mountains of heroin and coke that is flooding, not only into America but into all countries.

They busted Marc, only to find that in Canada alone, another, what, thousand seed banks have set up to seed seeds directly to the states. Absolutely futile - an absolute wastre of money and resources.

Up their ass,

john

Guest superbluehaze

Marc got his way - the government is being over grown.

I am not saying he is perfect, but I owe him a debt of gratitude, and i do admire his guts.

john

as far as i know the USA is the only industrial country where hemp seeds are illegal to do business with. In Europe it's a completely legal thing. In some cases I've heard it could be considered as "preparation to narcotics offense" though. Especially if they catch you with a grow setup or something else that gives such an indication. Usually however there are enough loop holes in the law to get through. Industrial hemp seeds are also sold as pet food, and there are other food products produced for humans.

Controlling this business now when its so big and has gained so much momentum won't be easy for the DEA or any other agency. Probably they'll give up in a few yrs and put tax on us instead - a new modified marijuana tax act..

Especially now when the bloody equation of extremely valuable commodities + prohibition is painfully evident. Read Misha Glenny's "McMafia" for a good insight, where he talks not just about the BC-bud trade but criminal entreprises as a whole.

To achieve victory in the war on drugs a new strategy is badly needed. Attitudes needs to be dealt with that 30 yrs of draconian law doesn't seem to have done much on.

As long as there's such a huge demand for a product it won't allow itself to be regulated, or even less prohibited.

When looking at potheads, and I am a pothead, I can't help smiling at the fact that we're considered crooks. To me potheads couldn't be further away from your typical crook. I think the people at the DEA know this fact, but some juridical orthodoxy prevents them from modifying law enforcement.

Well, a lot more could be said...

• 5 months later...

this story is not correct nevill started the first legal seed company in holand called the seedbank after he was arrested in austrailia he then sold his business to ben and alan dronkers who owned sensi seeds and has for him to get jail time the usa DEA droped the charges against him after trying to extradite him several times from holland but because he was a legal seed merchant the nederland authoritys wouldnt comply to the dea request now nevil is a breeder in his own business again at mr nice seeds with shantibaba and howard marks doing his magic once again

• 4 weeks later...

shades_smile.gifSo good to no some people no the facts sross413 nice work. Neville still breeds today at Mr Nice and is a consultant for many other seed companies to this day we will never no about. I have been growing for 38years and have seen the rise of the seedbanks, If we must give a title to someone it has to be Neville the true King of Cannibis without his vision I think we would be 10yrs behind. His haze strains still win cups today with other people taking the credit.

shades_smile.gifMr Emery is just a very very smart businessman like Arjan walking a fine line off legal and ilegale for years. Wether we think its good or bad, they are big boys and no the game they play. Both have done very very well out off it. Both have nice homes and cars and don't want for anything. So in my book you do the crime you do the time so sad too bad. His vision for world legalistion is great but end off the day he has just created a Money machine for himself he collects off, shore he gives some back but I think you no how the tax system works his accountant is most likely getting him back 80cents to the dollar on all donations. I really hope Mr Emery gets celled up with bubba let someone screw him for a change. He screwed many Canadian growers and customers sold many strains under false names when he 1st set up.

Although your writing is a bit messy I get your point.

This seems to be a problem within most movements. From civil rights activists such as Dr. Marthin Luther King to Catholic priests they all have some sceletons in their closet...

I don't know the exact story concerning Emery that you're indicating. Anyway I wouldn't wish for anyone to get sodomized in prison, which by the way seems to be a phenomenon peculiar to the States. In my country a man remains a man even in jail.

Batty bwoys get put into special prisons usually.