1st Time Breeding Attempt

Stinky Pete

Ahoy all the brothers

The time has come for me to give the whole breeding thing a chance. And with spring here at last I can do a quick spring grow before season really starts.

The plant that is being used is a 60 Day Wonder x Big Beast. Its a strain that was bred by a local South African grower. There is currently only 6 beans left in SA and I was lucky enough to get a few. I grew them all out but thought I should keep 1 mother plant just for in case its a good strain. And it was !!!!!!

The method I am using for the breeding is Colloidal Silver. I have my own little machine that I use to make it. Originally it was used to make CS for drinking purposes. But then I read about CS and Cannabis plants.

Any and all help will be appreciated cause like I said, this is my 1st time and I know almost nothing. All I know is to spray the plants every day for 2 weeks and then just wait. I will only be spraying 1 branch cause I still wanna puff her when finished.

Attached is a pic of the plant and also the machine I am using to make CS

Love and Light

post-22592-0-64153800-1377282866.jpg

post-22592-0-67209000-1377282977.jpg

• Like 3

nice little thread man gonnna be interesting to follow and see how it works out for you :)

I don't have experience in breeding myself yet so you won't get your tips from me probably ^^ but i'll be around to watch this for sure!

Have a good grow

• Like 1

LoL. Thanx Dust.

I read some articles regarding breeding and CS. I really can't see that it would be a prob unless my CS's ppms a bit off. That's why I'm testing it on the 60xBB 1st. As I mentioned in the 1st post I only have few auro beans left and this MUST work cause the puff is soooo good. And I love auto's.

Love and Light

SP

I am starting with natural propagation route.

Please share bro. The more info I get the better.

I transplanted her today to a 10L pot which should be good to flower her out. Luckily she has a small rootball and can withstand small pots. ( If she for some reason explodes ).

I'm sticking with a chemical fert with this one. Its a flowering feed for Orchids and the plants love it quite a bit. The NPK ratio is 6:20:30. I sorted out the bug problem I had with the plant so we are moving forward at a good pace.

Pictures will follow as soon as the 1st pistils starts to show. I will also start the CS spray with the sign of the pistils.

I'm off to go do some more reading and will report back with a tutorial when things get interesting

Love and Light

SP

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey stinky pete keep at it dawg.I am still waiting for evidence that I have seed here with my natural propagation attempts to cross strains. The flowers are still several weeks from mature.

I will once again apply pollen to an upper branch to ensure a good effort.

I am thinking that the ak male was a few weeks ahead of the females that are being crossed.Over a couple weeks time I harvested the pollen from the ak male.This is mostly dried and ready to be separated from the leaves and plant matter.I will pollenate some indoor girls now also.

post-28573-0-24562300-1378860218.jpg

post-28573-0-32446600-1378860312.jpg

• Like 2

I'm sure there will be seeds man. That leaf structure is really nice looking.

What is the cut off time limit to pollinate the ladies??? Reason for asking is cause when the ladies start to show sex I wanna spray 1 branch but will there be enough time left for the sex to turn and pollinate with success??? Or should I rather plant the " male " a week or 2 in advance ???

So here is a pic of the very 1st pistils on the 60 x BB.

Now here is where my mind just starts going in all directions with questions. The internet states that CS should be sprayed when the 1st pistils appears, so does this count as 1st appearance or should I wait for more "older" pistils ???

post-22592-0-89733700-1379350012.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so after reading countless of topics on the subject and re-reading many again I noticed that almost everybody said that after 2 weeks signs should be seen.

There is a debate between whether the plant should be sprayed twice a day or once. I read in some cases that the guys sprayed once every 3 days ( and it worked ). So I decided that I'll go the route of spraying twice a day. Mornings before work and night times after work. I was very optimistic and looked forward to this.

Today is 2 weeks after starting the spraying and NOTHING has happened so far. I attached some pics of the plant.

1st pic is the one sprayed with CS and the 2nd pic is a bud that has not been sprayed. Both look the same and I really thought that at this point the pistils wouldve died back and pollen sacks wouldve formed.

Maybe this plant is to strong ??? Or maybe the ppm's were off.

Do I really need to go and buy a ppm meter, or can I test it at some place???

Anyway, I will leave the plant as is for another week and then chop it if nothing happened.

post-22592-0-25940600-1380820488.jpg

post-22592-0-46479600-1380820757.jpg

• Like 1

Hey,nice work stinky pete.be patient and maybe let that plant grow out.The pollen sacks may take sometime to emerge. I have done well with my breeding project and will soon start a few cross strain seeds and journal them here on the forum.While I was awaiting results and observing the growth of breeding inside and outside,I did not notice seeds until harvesting,now there are seeds aplenty.

Himilaya Gold#4generationfemaleclone xAK-47male grown outdoors

Pineapple Chunk#4generation female clone grown xAK-47 outdoors

Himilaya Gold#5generation female clone x AK-47male grown indoors 400hps

Pineapple Chunk#5generation female clone xAK-47male grown indoors400hps

post-28573-0-62217100-1380850539.jpg

post-28573-0-02828300-1380850614.jpg

post-28573-0-57294900-1380850765.jpg

• Like 1

Ahoya cgreenyblues.

I am gonna leave the branch on just to check IF anything happens. Hopefully it turns out like you say and I get some seeds. If nothing happens I will atleast have the plant for the growing season cause there is some vegetative growth on the bottom that seems to be doing quite well.

Those strains of yours sounds SO GOOD man. Can't wait to see them growing. I have heard of the himalayan gold but haven't tasted it though. What I have tasted was some himalayan skunk and my oh my was that goooood.

• 2 months later...