My crop grown only using Powderfeeding fertilizer, Indica in this case.

laserx

Oh yes, this time of year gets really exciting. This year is totally different from all my past grows, as this year I am 100% legal with a Federal Government license to grow, takes away a lot of stress. But you still have to be concerned about thieves, but with the dogs, alarms and camera's I don't feel all that exposed. I can hardly wait to get started on the weekend. I did cut off a piece of bud two days ago, I'll be trying it when I get home tonight, I just can't wait to find out how it is, if the smell is any indication it will be great.

• Like 1

I got home last night and found that the the top 25cm of one of my White Domina had all the leaves limp and hanging. I got out the ladder and saw that the whole top bud was beginning to rot!! So I've cut it off and managed to salvage more than half of it as it had just begun to rot. I'm see little bits of it on 4 other plants. It is not rain or cold as every day has been sunny and mid 20's and night time lows are 9-10. The huge problem is the dew, the plants are soaking wet in the morning before the sun dries the out. I will take down the plants that are ready this weekend, but I'll still have 3-4 that need more time, how can I keep the dew off my girls overnight?

one of the best option is to cover them at the end of te night to protect them and immediatly uncover them when suns come otherwise humidity gets even higher under the covers ^^ But even like this if mold is arriving there are chances that you get it. Aerate your buds as much as possible, take a few leaves away from the buds to give them some air and open wiiiide open your eyes :)

Good lcuk to you!

I'm going to harvest 2 White Domina and 1 Ketama tomorrow. One of my Afgan Kush x Black Domina is real close, but could use another week to really bulk up the buds, the weather looks good and I've now trimmed a lot of fan leaves off to allow air to circulate. The other 3 plants 2 more Afgan Kush and one mystery sativa I'm leaving until the weather forces me to harvest them. Here are a few pic's pre harvest.IMG_00000817.jpgIMG_00000816.jpgIMG_00000814.jpgIMG_00000813.jpgIMG_00000807.jpgIMG_00000804.jpgIMG_00000803.jpgIMG_00000789.jpgIMG_00000781.jpgIMG_00000780.jpgIMG_00000779.jpgIMG_00000771.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Dust, got 3 trimmed and hanging in the attic. Been a long day. I couldn't take pictures during my harvest because my fingers were so sticky I couldn't touch anything. I did take pictures once I hung it in the attic, I got a nice ball of finger hash as well. These were the 3 smallest plants and they filled the attic up pretty good, it could hold one more plant at most, so it is good it is not all ready at the same time.

I'll post pictures tomorrow, now time to enjoy some finger hash and relax.

• Like 2

As promised I have some harvest pictures. Sorry, there are none of the actual harvest of the 2 White Domina and one Ketama that came down. My fingers were just so sticky I couldn't touch anything without it attaching to my fingers immediately. So I didn't want to even try to use my cell phone camera until after I'd finished trimming and hanging it. Then I cleaned off all the sticky finger hash that I could get off without removing my skin and took pictures.

So what you'll see is 3 plants harvested and hanging in my attic as well as the finger hash I got and the 4 remaining plants. I took your advise Dust and spent a few hours on Saturday removing fan leaves to allow for more air circulation. The 3 on the left are Afgan Kush x Black Domina (3 different phenotypes) and one messed up BC Sweet Tooth that was to be 90% indica and ready one month ago. It is the plant on the right and you can clearly see it is pretty much 100% sativa, so not sure what I have here. I will be taking down the Afgan Kush on the top left of the picture next weekend, the remaining 3 plants will be dictated by the weather as to when they come down. I'll be posting the pictures of the harvested buds dried next week, with yeilds and show them in their mason jars curing as well as the harvested Afgan Kush x Black Domina. Another outdoor year in Canada coming to an end, but still have the 4 largest plants to harvest, so stay tuned :-) Still not over but Powder Feeding has made this the easiest and best crops in awhile.IMG_00000820.jpgIMG_00000821.jpgIMG_00000822.jpgIMG_00000824.jpgIMG_00000827.jpgIMG_00000830.jpgIMG_00000832.jpgIMG_00000834.jpgIMG_00000835.jpgIMG_00000837.jpgIMG_00000838.jpgIMG_00000839.jpgIMG_00000840.jpgIMG_00000841.jpgIMG_00000842.jpgIMG_00000843.jpgIMG_00000848.jpgIMG_00000851.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks nicc1976, you are so right, it is best of all when all the work pays off with a nice resin covered crop. Sure looks like I will have plenty of bud to last until next harvest, just have to get the final 4 plants done. The next couple of weeks should bring me close to the end of another growning season in Canada.

Bye the way, I smoked some of the finger hash last night and got totally done in, the taste is absolutely amazing, you can feel each toke hit your brain, if the buds are anything close to the hash then I've got myself some real primo smoke for the next year.

Next pictures will be the final trim of the mostly dried buds and putting them into glass jars to begin the curing process. Then some new harvest pictures of the first of the Afgan Kush x Black Domina coming down. I'm trying to getting everything done by Oct 20th, lets see if the weather will allow it.

Looking great man seems like those buds have a very nice size on the pictures! And sticky finger is always a good sign for the future :D I hope the smoke will be great thanks for the harvest pics.

Have a good grow with the 4 remaining

Had to stay home this morning and harvest one of the Afgan Kush x Black Domina, it was just so totally done, should have taken it down on Sunday with the others. But with rain coming and too much bud rot starting I just could not let this plant stay out and rot any more. But now my attic is totally full of hanging marijuana and it is not a small attic our house is 3000 sq. ft. So the plan going forward is to try and get what is up in the attic out this weekend and the stuff from today next Wednesday and then harvest the final three plants the weekend of Oct 12th. Then get it out on Oct 19th and final trim done and into jars for curing that weekend. So by then I'll have everything harvested, weighed and in jars curing. From the looks of things I should be pretty close to my maximum legal in house storage of dried marijuana of 2250 grams. I have a cultivation license from the Federal Goverment of Canada, this is a legal grow. Unfortunately after years of letting us apply for grow licenses, they have changed the laws again, they will no longer be giving us Cultivation licenses. We will all still grow, but now it willl be illegal....I would welcome my day in court to challenge this stupid new law. So stay tuned, I'll be adding pictures of the final product of each strain and the weights of each plant and a critic on the quality. I did try the finger hash and WOW it is very strong,

• Like 1

Sorry for not posting as promised, I got really sick on Friday and have just now recovered enough to get out of bed and back to getting this harvest done. The first 4 plants are still in the attic, I'll bring them down tonight, hope they didn't get too dry. I'll be taking the last three plants down this week, before it rains again. I have not been to see my plants close up since last week, and it rained for 3 days so I'm sure there is more bud rot to remove.

I see we have sunny days here until Friday then the rains return, so I'll have to take a day off work to finish this harvest.

When I get home tonight, I'll go to my backyard and see how bad things are after all the days of rain,, I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Well, finally got up to the attic and found that as I had thought, the buds are over dried. So what I've done is put the branches in big plastic garbage bags along with a couplle of water soaked paper towels, sealed them and today put the bags in the sun. I'm hoping this will sweat some mosture back into the buds, then I'll trim and put in glass bottles for curing. I'll find out when I get home from work if this worked. I'll attach a picture of the bags :-) As you can see the Powder Feeding is the way to go, for frosty buds :-)

To my surprise the 3 remaining plants are not covered in rot, hardly any at all. I see now that the weather will be sunny and warm all the way to Sunday, so these three remaining plants will come down on Sunday. They sure look ready now, very very frosty looking as the buds are totally resin covered. Here are the pictures.IMG_00000854.jpgIMG_00000855.jpgIMG_00000857.jpgIMG_00000858.jpgIMG_00000859.jpgIMG_00000860.jpgIMG_00000861.jpgIMG_00000862.jpgIMG_00000863.jpgIMG_00000864.jpgIMG_00000866.jpgIMG_00000867.jpgIMG_00000868.jpgIMG_00000869.jpgIMG_00000871.jpgIMG_00000872.jpgIMG_00000873.jpgIMG_00000875.jpgIMG_00000876.jpgIMG_00000878.jpg

• Like 2

those ladies are looking prfect congratulation :) Very nice resin indeed seems all white compared to the leaves :) And also you gave them a nice flush seeing how it is yellowing everywhere it should be a great smoke :)

Have a good harvest! I hope the overdried buds will get well!

Welll, it worked, leaving the branches in the bags in the sun for the day did sweat the moistue back into the buds :-) Tonight the final trimming of the buds off the branches begins. Should have some nice bud pic's and some yeild results for you in the next day or so.

• Like 1

Thanks Dust, I do have to admit I'm loving looking at these plants, they could not possible be much better. I alomst feel guilty as I put no effort into them compared to other years. The Powder Feeding, made it so simple it was impossible to make a mistake. it took the guess work out of the whole process, love that stuff.

These plants took the days of rain really well, very little bud rot, so with this beautiful sunny 23 degree weather in Toronto for the next 5 days, these girls will be able to get their final build up of resin and be harvested at their peak. I'm thinking I should enter one of them in the Plant of the Month contest. One Afgan Kush x Black Domina has not got only one giant main cola, but each branch has a cola pretty much as big as the main one, they are the size of my arm from the elbow down and completely frosted with resin, might be ablle to find a Bud of the month entry as well :-) This will have been flushed for 12 days if I harvest Sunday, should be a nice clean nature smoke, if the increadible Kush smells coming off these girls is any indication.

Thanks again for all the nice comments :-)

• Like 1

Finally got the 4 harvested plants trimmed and ready to be put in jars for curing last night. I worked from the time I got home from work at 6pm until 1am. I had to call my son to come over with some friends to help as I would have been at it all night without them. Sorry for the quality of the pictures, but by the time I finished I could hardly move my right hand, let alone close it anymore.

Preliminary results, I say this because I expect to lose maybe an additional 10% of weight during the curing.

Afgan Kush x Black Domina (type A) = 487grams

Ketama 364 grams

White Domina (A) = 326 grams

White Domina B = 349 grams

Grand total = 1526 grams

I just left them in plastic bags last night, I was just too tired to start weighing and putting it into glass jars, I'll do that tonight or tomorrow morning. Looks like I'll have to take down the final 3 plants tomorrow as well since they are now saying rain for Sunday, but I still might wait for Monday. These final 3 plants are at least twice the size of the harvested ones so I'm expect huge yields from them. I'm so tired, but I'm in the home stretch and once finished I will have great herb for the next year or so. Here are some trimming pictures and the results.IMG_00000888.jpgIMG_00000889.jpgIMG_00000891.jpgIMG_00000892.jpgIMG_00000894.jpgIMG_00000896.jpgIMG_00000898.jpgIMG_00000899.jpgIMG_00000900.jpgIMG_00000901.jpgIMG_00000902.jpg

• Like 2

amazing your living room is gonna smell weed for at least a month with all that weed here haha ;) it's loking very nice! And the result of the harvest so far seems very promising too :D You must have some loads of fingerhash at the end of the manicure!

Have a good harvest with the last ones

Thanks Dust :biggrin: Always nice when all the planning actually pays off. All the trimming was done outside on the back deck of my house, my wife would have gone crazy if I smelled up the house. I then put the bags of finished producti in the basement, I'll get it into nice glass mason jars tomorrow. Those last 3 plants are going to be a lot of work to trim, dry and package, I'm expecting to get around 2 kilos from them based on what I got from the first 4 smaller plants. I'll post again on Tuesday the 15th, by then the final 3 will be in my attic drying and the first 4 will be in nicely labeled glass jars and another growning season will come to an end. More pictures to follow Tuesday. I'm saying Tuesday as it is the Thanksgiving Day long weekend here in the Great White North "Canada". Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians on the forum....with this harvest I have a lot to be thankful for :yahoo:

• Like 2

Well I got all the first 4 harvested plants safely into 1 liter mason jars. So far I have 28 jars filled. On Saturday I got to work on the final two Afgan Kush x Black Domina. These plants were massive. I started once the sun had dried off the dew from the night before. I worked from 12:30pm to 11:30pm, just to get these two plants trimmed and hanging in my attic. These two plants seemed to equal the same amount of bud as the previous 4 I took down. Sunday it rained all day, so my last plant the "sativa" had to endure some nasty weather. Monday was not only a holiday but a sunny day as well. I had recovered enough from Saturdays marathon to harvest the final plant of the season. So I now have the 3 final plants in the attic drying and this coming weekend I hope to do the final weigh in and fill my remaining jars. Here are some pictures, they show the final 3 plants before they came down. I also have pictures of the dumped out containers showing the root mass, all the plants were in 15 gallon or 60 liter containers except for the sativa which was in a 5 gallon. And finally my grow site all cleaned up. I'll post final results next week, here are this weeks pictures. IMG_00000903.jpgIMG_00000904.jpgIMG_00000907.jpgIMG_00000908.jpgIMG_00000909.jpgIMG_00000912.jpgIMG_00000914.jpgIMG_00000918.jpgIMG_00000919.jpgIMG_00000920.jpgIMG_00000925.jpgIMG_00000926.jpgIMG_00000927.jpgIMG_00000929.jpgIMG_00000932.jpgIMG_00000934.jpgIMG_00000935.jpgIMG_00000938.jpgIMG_00000939.jpgIMG_00000940.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulation on the harvest finally! must have been a damn long journey all in all for all those plants but seeing all these jars it looks like it's worth it ;)

The picture with the last plant alone is funny almost sad to see her without all her sisters hehe ;)

I hope you are having a good smoke on those, thanks again for the nice report!

• Like 1

It was sad to see the final plant sagging in the rain. But even stranger to see all the plants gone, you can see the backyard again :-) I'll be starting the final trimming and curing of the 3 plants now in my attic tomorrow. I'll post final pictures and grand totals for my harvest on Monday the 21st. I'm hoping to get at least 1500 grams from the final three plants, which will get me close to 60 jars filled and curing. We'll all know on Monday, this would give me 50 grams a week for a year...if I smoked this much for a year, I'm not too sure I would remember much of the year :-)

• Like 1