In Ukraine, the decriminalization of drug possession

ganjalover

In Ukraine, the decriminalization of drug possession

Drug users need to be responsible only for really large volumes

The Cabinet of Ministers adopted a national strategy on drugs until 2020 , writes Kommersant- Ukraine .

The strategy proposes to strengthen criminal penalties for distributing large amounts of drugs, and for possession of small amounts of leave only an administrative punishment .

The newspaper said the document was developed by the State Service on Drug Control in 2010. The strategy involves , in particular, the decriminalization of certain articles of the Criminal Code relating to the fight against drugs .

For example, now Article 309 of the Criminal Code ( illegal manufacture , acquisition, possession, transportation of drugs without intent to sell ) provides for penalties of up to three years in prison. " It makes sense to strengthen the criminal responsibility for the distribution and sale of large amounts of drugs, and for possession of small amounts - up to ten doses - to introduce administrative responsibility," - said the adviser to the State Service on Drug Control Vladimir Yaschenko .

The strategy also proposed "to develop a procedure for testing of drivers , detainees , people working at the facilities of life support for the presence of drugs in the body ."

See also: The Health Ministry named the most popular drugs among Ukrainians

In addition, the document provides for expansion of the network of pharmacies that sell medicines containing narcotic substances. This provision approved public organizations. According to them, now only 500 of the 20,000 pharmacies operating in the country sell medicines containing narcotic substances .

According to the Ministry of Internal Affairs , last year, according to the article . 309 of the Criminal Code was initiated 29 thousand criminal cases (53% of the total number of criminal cases in the area of ​​drug trafficking ), and in the first half of this year, according to the same article, it was openly 11.4 thousand criminal enterprises.

TExt from translator. original text here

http://www.segodnya.ua/ukraine/V-Ukraine-otmenyat-ugolovnuyu-otvetstvennost-za-hranenie-narkotikov-456972.html

• Like 1

thanks for sharing the article! Good to see they are doing a little step forward for the small consumers, but if they on the other side start to control everyone on the road etc.. on't be easy neither for the smokers..

Well we'll see how they keep going on this :)

Have a good day

This is text not only about cannabis, it is about all drugs.

In our country mostly of drug dialer it is really criminalized person. They not sale only high quality cannabis for low price, they business it is opium, amphetamine, JWH-18 and other for young and dependent people, many of big drug dialers not an ethnic Ukrainians.

I'm not friends with that guy and do not advise others. :comando:

And about this changes if it is really happened then in the future I can have few gram of cocaine with any criminal liability. Only a money penalty if cops catch me of course.

i supose you will have an amount of time to get caught without penalties of jaiil, if you get arrested 3 times or something like this with cocaine maybe they start to do something no?

This is only: national strategy on drugs until 2020, like new`s from Cops.

It is don`t working at this time, and I am not so sure about that will work for all.

• Like 1