Brick weed test run(s)

Uncle GrowLive

Well here's my "Macgyver" set up. I call it that cause I have a very low budget $0 or as we get it. I started with everything I had on hand & only had to buy rockwool, rocks, & nutes only had $30 bucks. So please easy on the jokes.... But I only have 2 survivors after my drastic mistake. (Light shift) The 2 plants are are now 9 days old. I have them on the cfl during the day (18) & Hal @ night (6). I hand water every 2 day & have good ventilation . By looking at my pics am I making any mistakes? My new cfl lights will be installed tomorrow, 2 more. I'm getting the tubing for my pump but don't know what schedule to use when I hook it up. I hate to say because of the money situation, this is sort of a cram grow. Bad habit, I love hands on training, then I'll go back & study to get the A after the first "blind" C or high D try. I'm using Flora Nova by GH 7-4-10 1 part & rain water to start off. All a brotha gots right now, it is what it is.... Under these conditions, how much time do I have to upgrade? Baby steps only pls, budget crisis is in effect for undetermined length of time....

post-31832-0-02160500-1378260773.jpg

post-31832-0-06601800-1378260809.jpg

post-31832-0-54670800-1378260943.jpg

post-31832-0-11942100-1378260993.jpg

Hi man thanks for sharing your little low cost setup!! No worry no one will laugh at you because you spent 0$ in it ;) You are not the first and will certainly not be the last to do this ;)

Your ladies seem to be doing fine, only thing i could say is maybe turn that lamp upside down, that way you must be loosing more than half of it's potency, or add a reflective roof above i don't know but i think this way is not the best :)

Beside that you will see with time what you willhave to add, just make sure you have a nice air movment in the room and your plants will grow :)

Have a good grow, i move your thread to the correct room here is only for the World cup threads ;)

• Like 1

What's up Uncle?!

You need more light ASAP! Like yesterday would not have been soon enough!

That's whe biggest mistake I see that you're making right now.

With the amount of light you hve in that photo, the plants will continue to grow slowly and stretchier than normal.

Also, as far as you bagged seeds....

Take all the light colored ones(whiter looking) and throw them away, as they're immature and will most like not germinate, or be males.

Once you've done that, take the each seed between your thumb and pointer finger and squeeze on it gently. f the seed budges a little or cracks under pressure, it wasn't a good seed. If its withstands the pressure of you squeezing it, keep it and germinate! This should save you some time in good vs bad seeds.

Also look for a completed circular indention in the bottom of the seed. If you find this in addition to a nice dark, healthy seed, it's a female seed :)

Nice watering invention too! But I think for now, watering is the least of your worries :)

I haven't seen some brich week in a long timd :D

Where I'm from that's like $80oz vs $250-$350 for the good.

Ps, maybe flip the seedling to 12/12 until the show sex, that way you can weed out the males.

You can always flip back to 18/6 right after you start seeing sex

Bless

• Like 1

Ty & will do Dust, just have to familiarize myself with the site. Mr Green, your tips are being put into play as we speak/type. I knew I had a lighting issue, I was jus hoping it wouldn't harm them til' I addressed it today. Now to try & move this thread...?????

Nice! And yep, the liack of lighting will kill those girls...May not kill them, but you just wont get any bud..

Think...

Imagine growing a plant for 3-4 months to only end up with like a week or two worth of smoke(maybe 14g max). That's the link you'd be walking with that setup :D

Look at Craigslist and you'll be able to find grow equip I'm sure :D For cheaper too :D