calcium via foliage spray?

Herb Johnson

Will the plant take up calcium through it leaves? I know that calcium is an element that is not quickly taken up by the plant as it is almost exclusively through xylem vessels and because of this it is not the most mobile element but can I treat a very early stage deficiency with a foliage spray?

I forgot to add my trace element the one time the plants needed it and as I run to waist hand water my coco it is 3 days until they need another drink and I really don't want to water there 2 days in a row. But as it is calcium and that it very important to branch strength and cell structure it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

hi man! Well there are 2 answers to this ^^ I'm no expert in nutrient absorption so always check what i say lolol, i believe some form of the calcium can be absorbed by the leaves while some over ill have more dificulties, i believe the hardest to absorb by the leaves are all the synthetic Chelates form of calcium such as EDTA, because it seems the molecule could be larger than the "natural" form. so if your products are containing "natural" source of calicum the leaves should absorb it :)

Good luck to you :)

• Like 1