house and garden nutrients

Herb Johnson

I have noticed over the past few years H&G releasing more and more additives like nitrogen n27, magnesium mgo 8 and amino treatment.

What I have found is that the base nut coco A/B is being striped of elements so they can make larger profits from the additive market.

I have used H&G for a while now and have noticed I am getting deficiencies now that I didn't get a before.

I grow the same strain that I have for years and have got to know her like my own sister,

I water the same temp all the time 22 degrees c and always check the ec of the water before adding any nut.

Has any of you noticed a similar thing happening with your fav nuts?

Try powderfeeding then. It covers all bases and most growers use only that. I had good results with the powder feeding, too but I added Enzymes and Root Juice in VEG and House & Garden Shooting powder in the middle of bloom plus Final Phase to finish the flowering - I am sure you could do with just powder feeding or with a bit of shooting powder added. It is nearly impossible to know if the additives did actually improve the yield or not - unless someone grows a bunch of cuttings and feeds one half of them only powder feeding and the other with an x-amount of various additives.

• Like 1

Are you talking about Green House power feeding?

I'm in Australia and I haven't seen it at any of the grow shops but I'm sure I could get them to order me some.

I find with house and garden I have to now use trace element which significantly increases the cost of the grow.

I do love the results I get from H&G when I use bud xl , top booster and shooting powder,

The problem is that if the plant is not 100% during the grow the combo of those three in the flower pushes the plant to much.( mainly the shooting powder which I use after top booster and I flush before the shooting powder goes in.)

I have spent a few years growing the same strain and fin tuning the nut's to get the Most from this plant, because of this I've been reluctant to change.

Is power feeding OK to use in coco?

I have done what you suggested with H&G nut's, I grew 3 plants on nothing but coco a/b and another 3 with all the additives and I found a significant difference. I have done a few other trials since and found you don't need all the additives on a cost to reward basis. (Not enough benefit to justify the cost)

I hear that all the time all these additives are more useful or the business owner and for the grower's feeling he gives the plants maximum care than something the plant really needs. If you use the Greenhouse Powderfeeeding exactly as dexcribed, only changing the ph values and lowering or highering the dose for each part of the plant's le cycle it gets exactly what is needed no matter if in hydroponics or coco or in soil. You got to be on point with the nutes to bring out the full spectrum of terpenes and cannabinoids - the results really speak for themselves if you watch the Caboose from mykol76 or the crystal clad buds from smokeythebear or Gonzo-just to name a few who grow perfectly looking strains using just powderfeeding recently. Fast flowering circlse - often 1 week prior to average time schedules and big yields on top !

• Like 3

I have noticed over the past few years H&G releasing more and more additives like nitrogen n27, magnesium mgo 8 and amino treatment.

What I have found is that the base nut coco A/B is being striped of elements so they can make larger profits from the additive market.

That is sad, isn't it? same with Hesi who once had a marvellous coco fertilizer that is now watered down to 20 % of the former strenght.

My advice: use GHS or Metrop, that is really good.