Jack Herer by Greenhouse Seeds in DWC x (15) plants w/ 1-PART Feeding

Grizzwaldz

Starting a new Journal for a strain I haven't done before but heard lots about since I've started growing. I cleaned out my VEG room from the Chocolate Kush by DNA genetics that I just moved into one of my flower rooms, and transplanted (15) beautiful Jack Herer's in 3" rockwell cubes.

For this grow I ran out of 1-part Powder Feeding nutrients, and had to start off with my old food which is Nutrilife 3-part salts. I've been using it for the past 2 weeks, and received my powder feeding order the other day and haven't decided if I'm going to switch or keep using Nutrilfe. I'll figure out in the next 2 days before I drain/refill the VEG system with fresh water and food.

Hope you enjoy, and follow the progress of the Jack's smile3.gif

*****DAY 1 VEG, Transplant Day*****
After I transplanted these, I set my EC @ 0.8 for the 1st week of VEG and set my www.robomatic.com PH doser to 6.0ph to maintain throughout the VEG cycle for 4 weeks.
Once I dropped them in the system, I gave them a Foliar Spray of 1litre of Water + 100ml of SM90 by Nutrilfe to start them off clean in their new environment.

post-17127-0-37553500-1380994816.jpg

post-17127-0-32166600-1380994818.jpg

post-17127-0-24826500-1380994820.jpg

post-17127-0-42084000-1380994822.jpg

post-17127-0-46840900-1380994824.jpg

post-17127-0-67222200-1380994826.jpg

*****DAY 14 VEG*****

Took these photos 2 days after getting back from my vacation and they've hooked in nicely, and will be "topping" them in a few days to get more upper arms going. I'm really curious on this strain and looking forward to the grow :)

post-17127-0-67080000-1380994991.jpg

post-17127-0-59798700-1380994993.jpg

post-17127-0-64975700-1380994995.jpg

• Like 1

killer set up bro! nice and clean room amazing bucket system. those jack here should preform nice in that set up. you should like the jack herer it;s a really nice hazey skunky mix a real sativa influence in the high but the growth is more indica like medium size bushy monster's. Also nice to see another Canadian member on the forum, I'm from toronto but i have visited BC i really love the province ill probably move there at some point in my life it's so beautiful all the mountain range's even in Vancouver in the most run down area's of the city you don't escape it. good weed everywhere in toronto we have a lot of good weed but you have to no where to get it when i was in bc i was buying high grade off the street even but the stuff from the compassion club was real nice. I really miss it so much better then toronto. In toronto all we got is a big ass city surrounded by miles and miles of suburb's and because of it we have load's of gang's that grow ton's of sitty fast flowering indica's and pull them immaturely and that is what flood's the street's to get high grade you gotta ether grow, know a grower or hunt for a good connect or you buy from a dispensary like i do but we never get any really high quality outdoor or organic marijuana it's always hydro.

Thanks for opening another journal man :) and looks like a very promising one once again ;)

I hope you will enjoy the Jack, are all the clones from same mother? i suppose yes but better to ask who knows ^^ The best with the nutes as you are growing from clones it seems would be to be able to run a comparison grow with the PF and your usual nutes. but i guess you must have a big unique reservoir for all those buckets therefore making it hard to run separate schedule maybe and no possibility to change them?

But i'll be around anyways following what will happen here ;)

Have a good grow

ive been watching your other grow really nice grow and set up I will follow yhis now I thought I was thanks for getting back so quick

thx for sticking around. i'm curious on the jacks since its new too me :)

Wow dude. What a nice and clean setup you got there.

I'm a huge fan of hydro but never tried it. Will soon. But for now I'll hang around and see your grow.

thx for the kind words on the spaces me and my dad setup. hydro is nice if your personal schedule is messed up and can't consistently be around at certain times, which means you can automate things and play around with cool ideas alot of growers have developed :) thx for watching bro.

killer set up bro! nice and clean room amazing bucket system. those jack here should preform nice in that set up. you should like the jack herer it;s a really nice hazey skunky mix a real sativa influence in the high but the growth is more indica like medium size bushy monster's. Also nice to see another Canadian member on the forum, I'm from toronto but i have visited BC i really love the province ill probably move there at some point in my life it's so beautiful all the mountain range's even in Vancouver in the most run down area's of the city you don't escape it. good weed everywhere in toronto we have a lot of good weed but you have to no where to get it when i was in bc i was buying high grade off the street even but the stuff from the compassion club was real nice. I really miss it so much better then toronto. In toronto all we got is a big ass city surrounded by miles and miles of suburb's and because of it we have load's of gang's that grow ton's of sitty fast flowering indica's and pull them immaturely and that is what flood's the street's to get high grade you gotta ether grow, know a grower or hunt for a good connect or you buy from a dispensary like i do but we never get any really high quality outdoor or organic marijuana it's always hydro.

yeah canada is flooded with dirty dubs for sure :) smaller gardens = better product in my mind. the trees that guys do because of plant numbers don't produce alot of high grade, but rather potato bud which is why i'm a hydro fan nowadays since it's a nicer smell or nose, better smoke, and cleaner product since you can flush it easier. times are a changing in canada and I believe next year the product will be alot better since it's developing a market with competition. these commercial guys will have to product high grade for patients for them to continue to buy and re-order.

hope you stick around bro :)

Thanks for opening another journal man :) and looks like a very promising one once again ;)

I hope you will enjoy the Jack, are all the clones from same mother? i suppose yes but better to ask who knows ^^ The best with the nutes as you are growing from clones it seems would be to be able to run a comparison grow with the PF and your usual nutes. but i guess you must have a big unique reservoir for all those buckets therefore making it hard to run separate schedule maybe and no possibility to change them?

But i'll be around anyways following what will happen here ;)

Have a good grow

yep same mother, but 1st time with a dedicated room to this one pheno. like the characteristics and should work nicely in my flower room. I wish I could do a side by side comparison with food, but unfortunately each room as only (1) system that is a connected loop so I can't :( oh well I'm a believer in 1-part powder feeding so I will probably switch to it this week, and put my Nutrilfe food to the side for now hehe....

I just reloaded on "SHORT" 1-part Powder Feeding and was going to switch the Jack's to that in a few days. What do you think? I thought the "SHORT" since greenhouse recommends 8 weeks flower. or should I use the "HYBRID"?

Look forward to your feedback Dust :)

Hi man well normally the Hybrid would be more recommended for that strain if you have the opportunity to have one, otherwise they will of course grow with the Short flowering too, seeing the leaves of your clones they seem pretty short and overlapping looks like a more indica pheno so it should fit with the Short flowering, but still Hybrid would be the best ;)

Good luck man

hey shawn, yeah like dust say's jack is a hybrid so the hybrid might be better. but also like he say's jack is a short flowering hybrid especially green house's version has a very indica growth pattern usually. I think you'll be good with the short flowering nute's i have used it with a 9 week strain before and it turned out pretty good. i don't know if it was just me but i felt using the short flowering on 9 - 10 week strain i thought and this could have just been a pheno thing but i felt the plant turned out more bushy and with a shorter internode spacing. i don;t know if it was just a pheno thing tho because i only did it once before i had both the hybrid and the short flowering.

Hi man well normally the Hybrid would be more recommended for that strain if you have the opportunity to have one, otherwise they will of course grow with the Short flowering too, seeing the leaves of your clones they seem pretty short and overlapping looks like a more indica pheno so it should fit with the Short flowering, but still Hybrid would be the best ;)

Good luck man

Yes the leaves indicate more indica plus I'm trying to stick to an 8-8.5week flower calendar which is why I was leaning more towards the SHORT 1-part. Gonna think and ponder about it tomorrow when I'm sitting amongst the garden :)

hybrid makes more sense also and maybe I just go the extra 7-10 days. It'll be a test run again hehe :)

• Like 1

hey shawn, yeah like dust say's jack is a hybrid so the hybrid might be better. but also like he say's jack is a short flowering hybrid especially green house's version has a very indica growth pattern usually. I think you'll be good with the short flowering nute's i have used it with a 9 week strain before and it turned out pretty good. i don't know if it was just me but i felt using the short flowering on 9 - 10 week strain i thought and this could have just been a pheno thing but i felt the plant turned out more bushy and with a shorter internode spacing. i don;t know if it was just a pheno thing tho because i only did it once before i had both the hybrid and the short flowering.

Not 100% sure which one I'll use yet and gonna take a day or two to think about it.

Im definitely leaning more towards the SHORT because of the strong indica pheno and the recommended 8 week flowering cycle from greenhouse. Plus I stocked up on a lot of SHORT 1-part last week :) and only have 2 bags left of HYBRID which would only take me to around week 2 of flower and ballpark need around 4-5kg per round.

Thx for the feedback :)

damn bro that's a lot of nute's, i mean don't get me wrong i imagined it would with a set up like your in hydro it would take alot but damn. I have been growing with powderfeeding for over a year now and i have still the same 2 bag's granted i only grow like 3 or 4 plant's at a time in coco and under only a 400W hps so obviously completely different situation. but it's good to know because i plan to eventually run a much bigger grow like what you do multiple room's. let me ask you bro i know that this is sort of a general question but do you mind if i ask in that set up what kinda of yield's are you seeing per plant like just an estimate or an average? or if you could how much do you average off the whole room the 15 plant's?

and one more thing what company is the og kush from in your other grow? anyways bro take it easy ill be watching the progress for sure !!!

damn bro that's a lot of nute's, i mean don't get me wrong i imagined it would with a set up like your in hydro it would take alot but damn. I have been growing with powderfeeding for over a year now and i have still the same 2 bag's granted i only grow like 3 or 4 plant's at a time in coco and under only a 400W hps so obviously completely different situation. but it's good to know because i plan to eventually run a much bigger grow like what you do multiple room's. let me ask you bro i know that this is sort of a general question but do you mind if i ask in that set up what kinda of yield's are you seeing per plant like just an estimate or an average? or if you could how much do you average off the whole room the 15 plant's?

and one more thing what company is the og kush from in your other grow? anyways bro take it easy ill be watching the progress for sure !!!

My system's in each room are 175gallons and I drain/refill the water every 7-8 days and reload new nutes. The one thing with DWC is that you can run the same water and food in the system their whole life (2 months +++) as long as you maintain a consistent "cool" water temp but the plants eat certain elements quicker and it's hard to find balance without draining and refilling with fresh food for better yields and nicer product. Also with DWC it seems to "kick" or "flip" later than soil or top-feed systems that allow the medium to dry and stress the plants system, which sometimes means that a 9-10 week cycle in DWC gets you a really nice product but you have to go an extra 20% longer.

To answer your question about yields, I'm averaging 0.6-0.7grams per watt in this vertical system. It's not as efficient as top lighting when you think about how long you have to VEG these for, but it comes down to plant numbers with the current system in Canada and what space you have to work with. Overall I'm very happy with the setup since I'm able to get more KW in the room with vertical, but also look forward to less VEG times and back to the top-feed systems of what the industry is used to in the future.

Unfortunately the OG Kush strain I have was gifted to me 2 years ago and not sure on the genetics, but I'm very happy with how strong she is and the characteristics she has :)

****PHOTOS FROM DAY 18 in VEG****

Well, I must have had some good intuition when I placed my re-order for 1-Part food from Powder Feeding last week since I did INDEED buy (3) 1kg "HYBRID" bags in combination with "SHORT" :) I forgot I did that since I also reloaded on more "MOTHER" food, so all is well for the Jack Herer's from here on out since they'll be fed with 1-part "HYBRID" food from Powder Feeding!

I drained and refilled the VEG system last night when I was there and added 1ml/gallon which totalled 150ml and my EC stayed @ 1.0ec :) happy with that for the start of week 3 in VEG and also added 150ml UC Roots, and 150ml CALMAG to help since my tap water EC is so low of it (my city has an underground aquifer with very low EC)

Other than that I'm very happy with the growth and I'm 2 weeks away from placing these in the flower room once the OG Kush finished up late next week.

All the best everyone :)

post-17127-0-52108700-1381361130.jpg

post-17127-0-82095100-1381361132.jpg

post-17127-0-80515300-1381361134.jpg

post-17127-0-82003000-1381361136.jpg

post-17127-0-90944800-1381361138.jpg

post-17127-0-95603400-1381361140.jpg

post-17127-0-00429900-1381361143.jpg

post-17127-0-30840400-1381361145.jpg

• Like 1

they're nice systems and work well when everything is kept in check, plus clean :) dad helped with electrical and HVAC since it's his background and I'm teaching him the "green thumb" :) he's getting it slowly.... teaching the 60 year old dog new tricks hehehe.....

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few updates for the journal today :) gardens are going nicely and the Jack's have been vegging beautifully for the past few weeks. Not much has been going on in the garden except being fully switched back over to the 1-part HYBRID Powder Feeding program that I ran out of when I started the journal. Last week I also transplanted the Jack's into the Flower Room to veg for maybe another 7-10 days before kicking to Flower.

Hope everyone enjoys, not too much talking from me this go around :)

****VEG Day 25 Photos****

I gutted and pruned the insides as clean as I could this early to try and avoid my mistake from my OG Kush round last time with too many nodes, and sites that provided airy and not dense bugs 1/2 way down the plant. 

Also did a nice maintenance spray of "AZAMAX" since this is the one and only time I do a "preventive" spray for the critters. The rooms are clean, and I haven't experienced any bugs at all here since we setup a year ago but find this definitely helps keep them off.

post-17127-0-32023400-1383413370.jpg

post-17127-0-36803400-1383413377.jpg

post-17127-0-19580100-1383413385.jpg

post-17127-0-53983100-1383413391.jpg

post-17127-0-90274100-1383413397.jpg

*****VEG Day 28 Photos*****

Had my 1st breakdown on any of my systems this day. Had a return coupler before my filter fail and crack all of the sudden. I'm lucky this space has a slope to the sump pump in the house :) since my system has a "top-up" float valve for fresh water, and it was running for 24hrs with no nutrients in the water hehe…. everything was beautiful still, and I think they were happy to have a nice clean flush midway thru VEG

post-17127-0-13354700-1383413697.jpg

post-17127-0-94978700-1383413701.jpg

post-17127-0-39537300-1383413707.jpg

post-17127-0-90973100-1383413712.jpg

*****MOVING DAY INTO FLOWER ROOM, VEG day 32 Photos*****

Did the move into the flower room, and all went well again. Again we had the roots from other buckets intertwining, and tangling up with others making it a bit a harder day. Just had to be more patient :)

Sorry but the photos aren't uploading in order, but it's all there. I put on 6x1000watt lights for a couple days until they get used to the HPS lighting, and will turn on a few more once they've gotten settled after the move.

I set the bottles CO2 to 1150ppm and I have my EC@1.1-1.2 with the 1-part HYBRID.

I'm going to wait for these to be 2-4" above the tomato cages before I kick to flower, which shouldn't be to long at this rate.

post-17127-0-53557000-1383413953.jpg

post-17127-0-14715000-1383413960.jpg

post-17127-0-92535400-1383413966.jpg

post-17127-0-10422800-1383413973.jpg

post-17127-0-40020500-1383413979.jpg

post-17127-0-17051600-1383413986.jpg

post-17127-0-76397300-1383413992.jpg

post-17127-0-88790000-1383413998.jpg

post-17127-0-16421800-1383414006.jpg

post-17127-0-04582200-1383414013.jpg

• Like 3

*****VEG Day 35, 3 days after move Photos*****

Well I came back into the space and they handled the move beautifully :) new growth looks great, and just had to top up the EC in the system since they drank about 0.3-0.4ec in those 3 days.

I also installed a bigger more efficient dehum since my smaller units couldn't keep up with the "sealed" room humidity buildup and it's working beautifully.

I'm also going to wait until they're at the top of the cages before I do my next big pruning before flower. They need a bit more time after the move before I stress em' again.

Other than that I've maintained my EC@1.0-1.2 during all of VEG with 1-part HYBRID Powder Feeding. Here's my schedule for DUST :)

1-Part HYBRID PF @ 2ml/gallon equals around 1.1-1.2ec in the systems

UC Roots @ 1ml/gallon (root maintenance)

GH Floralicious Plus @ 1ml/gallon

GH Calimagic @ 1ml/gallon

I'm also trying something new, and hopefully people who know more about it can fill me in exactly their opinion on it and that's HOUSE & GARDENS AMINO ACIDS

I just bought some this week, and I'll be honest I don't know exactly how it helps or what it does but after some reading I figured it was worth trying one round.

I just put 0.5ml/gallon in the system and we'll try it until 4th week of Flower when they ask to discontinue it according to their calendar.

Chat with everyone soon :)

post-17127-0-45637500-1383414280.jpg

post-17127-0-08221100-1383414286.jpg

post-17127-0-38573200-1383414292.jpg

post-17127-0-62966700-1383414298.jpg

post-17127-0-45708000-1383414304.jpg

post-17127-0-16816200-1383414310.jpg

• Like 1

*****VEG Day 41 Update*****

Well it's been 8 days since I've moved them from the VEG space into a Flower Room and they've pretty much taken off and they're looking AWESOME :) . My Flower Rooms are sealed (air dumped once a day x 10 minutes) with "bottled" CO2 and ppm's set @ 1125ppm, humidity @ 60-65% VEG, A/C's are daytime @ 79-80 and nighttime @ 72-74degrees and they're loving the environment big time.

For the last 2 weeks of VEG I've been running the EC @ 1.2-1.4, getting them ready for higher EC levels for Flowering since I'll be following the "recommended" levels from Powder Feeding. I've always been cautious about running EC levels higher than 1.4-1.5 in DWC during peak bloom with other nutrients/foods since I've experienced negative flower burn and lockout. But with Powder Feeding that hasn't happened yet at all, even with it getting to 2.0ec during my last OG round by accident.

Anyways, I went in there yesterday and pruned the lower branches off, and gutted the bottom 1/3rd to get them ready for "kicking" them into flower in 3 days. They're about 1inch above the cages, and I usually wait until 3"-5" before flipping them since I need the vertical height to help the light setup to work efficiently. I'll prune more of the bottoms and insides before I kick them next week, then one last "foliar" spray of Einstein Oil and some Pot.Silicate to help with prevention until the end of flower.

I'm really stoked on seeing the quality and flowers on these Jack's in the next few weeks :) I've never seen Jack finished before in person so this round will be new to me. I was nervous with the slow VEG progress before putting them into the flower room, but I think Jack's really love CO2, especially "bottled" hehe :)

Later everyone,

post-17127-0-74258300-1384015813.jpg

post-17127-0-50729900-1384015857.jpg

post-17127-0-98458600-1384015897.jpg

post-17127-0-47565500-1384015944.jpg

post-17127-0-46252500-1384015998.jpg

post-17127-0-69931600-1384016048.jpg

post-17127-0-01264200-1384016094.jpg

post-17127-0-26811600-1384016138.jpg

post-17127-0-60952500-1384016178.jpg

post-17127-0-63258200-1384016221.jpg

• Like 1

****KICKED TO FLOWER, Day 2 BLOOM (43 days Veg'd)****

I kicked these 2 days ago since they're looking beautiful, strong and a couple inches above the top of the tomato cage which is pretty good for gauging when to flip.

Also I just added some small (20") shades to my vertical 1000's in the middle of the rows. I have been testing with my light meter, and noticed I'm not maximizing or getting the lights as close to the plants as I'd like without burning them or causing heat stress due to the 40" spacing on my buckets. I didn't install shades on my vertical bulbs originally since the rooms are small and the A/C is pretty strong and thought they'd be bouncing all over the ceiling :)

Anyways just a couple photos for today and will be updating after I do a big prune on them early next week. I'll also be turning on the rest of the 400watt candles on the walls next week and be waiting for the initial pre-flowers :)

EC is set @ 1.4 PH @ 5.8 with a 0.15 swing on the doser and CO2 is @ 1150ppm. Fingers crossed, this is a beautiful strain this JACK :) can't wait to watch it BLOOM

post-17127-0-81449700-1384492720.jpg

post-17127-0-53757700-1384492727.jpg

post-17127-0-96112200-1384492733.jpg

• Like 2