whats better LED or HPS

Chimichanga

now i ave seen from various forums and 1st hand what a good led can do and what autos can do,

my local grow shop said there total bollox, and wudnt hear my side of the shit, says HPSHPSHPS

told me to ask on ehre as apparently EVERYONE on here will tell me how shit leds are and thart they dotn reali work....

shed some light please

Hi, Long story to write about Led vs HPS...all depends from budget of ur pocket...I know one thing- HPS have some history of grow and great results. LEDs are new so is hard to say..but some say they great for seedling,clones and veg time+extra spectrum for HPS...have a look on our World Cup Grow Journals...

Keep Growing!

well ive got me a grow northern ms 006 and off review on breedbay thctalk etc they are all pulling alot, like 9-20 oz in hydro a plant,

the guy at the grow shop says its all lies the only peopel that knwo how to grow are on greenhouse here, but thats not a good view to have id say the experience is spread all over not just 1 forum lol,

but any 1 got any facts on led?? any 1 here use an led?

• Like 1

hello chichi, well i don't know particurly why your growshop said to come here lol, but it's still a good advice now that you are here i hope we will see you make some nice LED reports ;)

Now to talk on your subject, i haven't grown with leds myself but i have seen a few grows on the forum now for sometime ^^ and one thing is for sure they are worth looking into. The first argumnt that everyone can affirm at 100% is that associated to HPS like Pi2 said the LED are giving to our lady a almost perfect spectrum to grow indoor and develop some awesome plants! so you could eventually invest in a small hps and combine it to a LED.

For the Led only grow it depends on a lot of things, mainly from what i've seen and it is pretty logical, the cheapest LEDS work a lot less efficiently than more expensive leds, now when i say more expensve it doesn't necessary mean the leds that cost 2000e. I've seen some very nice panels around 300 400e and running some very nice plants, one thing should not be forgotten too is the Homemade leds, you can pretty "easily" ( if you have a little McGyver soul in you ;) ) build your own LED with some topshelf material for not too expensive, for example Ganjalover i believe has made his self the led he used for his Lemon Skunk grow and for sure it is a kick ass result that he had! have a look in our grow journal section you will find a few reports using Leds. Not a lot are using LEDs only yet but a few still do.

You will also find a few talk thread about diferent LEDS and which one could be more interesting than others, it's somewhere on the forum and should not be too hard to find ;)

Good luck to you nand welcome

• Like 2

lol nice responce,

well the grow shop is a texan, and swares he is right, he said they dont produce enoguh lumens more lumens = more bud i argued PAR he told me thats all bollocks, and then persisted on saying that any bud under any led will be small and whispy,

then said that auto flowers at a max wil produce 4ounce there only for outdoor, to wich i said my think different went to 13 ounces under a 600, and he told me i was wrong or it was crap,...

lol i know he is wrong totaly wrong,

so i wana get soem views in so i can open hes ''beloved'' green house website has the same views as my other sites lol (i do like this site btw its just apparently this is the ONLY site that tells the truth lol )

my display pic is jackhere 1x 600watt in a 1x1x2 meter tent, yeilding 23 ounces in 13 weeks :) she was a tree

• Like 1

haha nice DUST didnt see ur name !! glad to have your comment here :) thankyou,. and as grownorthen said... Dutch passion now sell there LED branded DP !!!! and preech its goodness mmmmm go look its awsome, !! greenhouse need one too ^^

ill post all my diarys here, and see what we cvan do,

i have been asked by a company to test a pannel , so ill focus my review here

• Like 1

hahaha now i understand the texan part, i thought it was hapening in US and was wondering why a Texan growshop would led someone here haha but now i get it ^^

30oz does sound big for an auto with LEDs, but on his previous post he wrote he did 13 with one of his auto maybe that's where there has been a misunderstanding? 13, 30 almost the same :P

yeah man well when you talk dude, i didnt get a chance anywhere to talk to you, so it woudl be easy to mix up wjhats happening, ive done alot of research on many forums and done articles on fluming Do, bennies and alot fo other botany and to be told everything i know is bullshit and leds dont produce is totaly wrogn and very unprofessional in my opinion.

lumens are lumens, PAR is what matters and in PAR they meet beter than any hps,

the 30 ounce auto is a wet auto 13 being the dry, think different now get on www.autoflower.net and see the TREE's there growing with LEDS,

chek out the ''super autos'' 100days ish and 6.5ft pure colas,

main thing you told me was LEDS wil produce whispey small buds with no value, ive seen dense more crystaly buds, and soem folks in the states testuign with higher thc and cbds

Published on 20 Sep 2012

We were amazed with PAR rating of a 300 watt led light being more than that of a 600 watt hps light! it not only was more but double!!!

a 300 watt... as i said prudcing more than a 600 hps.... so my frueidn who gets the same 1.5gpw with led is hittign the same as the 600... less pwoer....less fans..... less cost and need in totaly no heat issues and perfect bud,

i am by no way havign ago as i do liek you and youyr shop is amazing, but when people throw in my face that i dont knwo anythign and its all crap, there too blind to accept that ways have changed and things get better, for a grow shop to be narrow minded is a shame, peopel are scared of leds and they are missing out,

and you yourself have showin some good stuff here atm, that video seymore :) many years ago when he got the pannel to test from growgroled he was a beginner he didnt grow many things most he learnt from the forums as we all did, and now look at him,. soft secrets the bomb and pullign trees half the wattage and half the risk , and the product is better than anytrhing,

by the way chek this guy out

http://www.rollitup....-rdwc-tree.html

also google double D and heath robinson, double d stole heaths designed and ended up pullign 1 plant in 15 weeks 130 ounces, (hps ofc andf alot of it sealed co2 aswel) but damn, these guys are who taught me, heath robinson and heaths deciples billy liar and the others , master 2.14gpw hps growers here ;)

woudl love to see them use an led

I put a pick on here I think just after Xmas ,I had 2 t boms under the 180 with a 250 at the end to help withe the temp, and got 15 0z .

The led are good.

The temp can be a Prob withe the led its a constant 75/76 .

The cost of the ufo was $499 that's about £310 uk I think .

Got the led from

www.prosourceworldwide.com/

What LEDs do. You have,or what LEDs are you after ,there is a lot of shit out there.

If you go on the web cite rollitup there is a lot of info on the LEDs there to and pick look up sold777 Fred's .

Regards

ya didnt say wet......and why mention i'm texan, english man ! i have blue eyes too ! lol

didnt get chance dude, we all have our secrets of life lol, im bipolar and tbh you talk so fast and turnd down everythign i said before i had chance to finish, anxiety and panic over small situations, lol, my mind goes blank and i cant get what i wana say out stupid i know lol but thats why i use cannabis, it controls my anxiety attacks palpatations and everythng els, i find it alot easyer to talk and type on here, inwhich i get a bit mesed up too .

mension ya texan.... cause i think its freakin awsome lol, your accent is ace lol, and when you fidn a way to talk about somone, when me and my mate talk its ''oh dya know the texan'' your the only texan we know lol so its easy and cool, the states are amzing, and are doing better with the canna than us for legality lol, got a lot of mates over there

but give me a while there is a superauto with im pretty sure a 24ounce dry on AFN its huge and bobbly just like your 2 bigbuds on ya merry 420 pic ;) see the flags stamped on ya groom too lol, memorabilia eh ;)

but yea face to face i find it very hard to talk about anything, i get mixed up and blank very easy but i have time here, if ya want i can show ya some atricles ive writon on forusm for people,

i did a big study into airstones vs fluming 24,000 views, and counting, i help people alot and do alot of designing systems, but if you meet me face to face i struggle to explain myself,

so i know hps is freakin wicked, and i can grow! and from my resaerch into PAR instead of lumens (which have been proven irrelevant to plants but an easy way to explain and measure) the LED is better met and i really wana do some, ive got a testers pannel coming, from a company im meant to be reviewing, but i also wanted the big old ms 006 its £230 with discount, and you dont need a hefty £200 fan to keep heat off,the lights also being led dont reduce in quality asfast as a hps, i tend to replace every 5-7 months hps, £30 a pop,

1 thing though dude you have got me onto the powder feeding for my projects now, but i dont think for my big system it woudl be cost effective, 6 plants and 800 litres is almost the whole bag :S unless you have another option here ill remain doing advanced nutes lucas on them :S

my space at my friends has room for leds so will be doing it at his and ill document it so you can see,. why not be the first grow shop to sell leds after seeing how good they are? i mean how dya know peopel arent gettin them online non stop ive seen alot of growers using them recently, inwhich case you coudl be loosing sale too ? :)

your a cool guy and i love ya stories lol, but take time to learn somthing new and you might just be shocked at what youve missed out on :)

take care dude

• Like 1

when LED's are perfected i will concider stocking, but i'll let someone else sell them till then! my cred is worth more than the sale of a light !

i dont recommend people with mental dissorders using cannabis. period. maybe i'm wrong but better safe than sorry.

thats it

elvis has left the topic !! good luck !