timer failure

Herb Johnson

Hi guys,

I had an issue with a new sup light I put in a few weeks ago. I'm in week 4 of flowering and getting short on space so I thought I'd put in some additional lighting, it is a 130 watt fluro grow tube. My light comes on at 6 pm and off at 6 am so I am not often up when the light goes off. But the other morning I was and I noticed that my fluro had not gone off and it was 25 mins after the the off time. I have taken it out now but I don't know how many times the timer has failed me. I normally get up around 7am and it has always been off by then, what has me concerned is that this light has failed to turn on at 6pm a few times and turned itself on 15-30 mins after its set time so by finding it still on at 6.25am makes me think it was not the first time this has happened.

I checked the timer and it is set right so there must be something wrong with it.

The light had been in for 3 weeks

My hps 400 watt is run of a separate timer and it is working as it should. On at 6 and off at 6

I am concerned that this will have confused my girls into thinking flowering time is over and I will end up with half developed flowers.... I will get some pics of her tonight to show what is going on with the flowers.

How do you all think this will effect my girls?

What is the best & worst case scenario?

(Plants are white Russian)

it wont be enough to revert back to veg stage.. and probably wont really effect it much at all.

maybe a little more stretching than normal.. but i dont think it will bother plants to get an extra 15 -30mins of light

if it was another 3-4 hours.. then it would

good that you caught it and fixed it.. it should be fine

ssup man! What kind of timer was it? digital or the good old mechanic ones?

For your plant like sukon, (lol sukon seems we often agree ^^ ) i think it whould not hurt them too much, if it has been settled like this since beginning they will probably not even notice it. And if it has only done this for a few days, i don't think neither 30 mn is enough to reveg them, but still it is a possibility so i guess your worst case scenario is simply that they might have revegged a little and you'll have to start flowering again, could be wrost ;) Also if it is sensible strain it could make it hermie a little so keep eyes opens for this. But i don't think the stress was that big for them.

Have a good day :)

• Like 1

it wont be enough to revert back to veg stage.. and probably wont really effect it much at all.

maybe a little more stretching than normal..

You hit the nail on the head, they have defiantly stretched more than normal (best way for me to describe it is they look a lot more sativa than indica) normally they bud thick and in the last week the tips of the buds stretch out a little. It looks like they are still going strong with a nice amount of resin starting to be produced. They might not be the hard nugs I normally get but fingers crossed they still produce a nice harvest.

Dust it was a chevron digital timer (it was cheap and now I know why! It doesn't keep time) lesson learnt, never cheap out on systems you depend on....

The strain is pretty strong and fingers crossed it should't Hermie. But if it does it won't be so bad I'll cross it back with one of the clones I took before this prob happened.

Fresh fem dominated seeds!!!

Thank guys for your positive vibes :)

• Like 1