Clones going yellow

aussie haze luver

Hi guys just writing to ask if you know what is wrong with my clones. They are big bang and have been great for a week then all of a sudden they have started yellowing off. They are not showing roots yet. Is it just they need a light feed??? Cant do another set of clones as the bang is in to flower too much...

It happens sometimes before the roots are breaking thru the rockwool that they look like a wreck.....but they do not look to good, really. This is becuse of lack of nitrogen in the motherplants before taking the clones. The motherplant should be really green and then give them only water for some days, then take the clones. I would give them a weak fertilizer solution AFTER the roots are really visible.o

• Like 1

hey aussie, you can get a product called.. rhizotonic, i think its made by canna, you use it to soak the cubes in before you put the clones into it, it helps with this issue. Its a root conditioner, helps with developing rhizomes, also helps them root a little faster.

also, you can give clones a weak nutrient solution from the day theyre cut.  at about a week, these would have started to develop roots, so maybe watering with a 1/4 strength nutrient now would be the go.

theres another product similar to rhizo called cannatonic (also made by canna) you can also use when they have started to develop roots. i dont bother with this one.. as i just use a weak nutrient to water with.. roots seem to explode out of the cubes

• Like 1

hey aussie, you can get a product called.. rhizotonic, i think its made by canna, you use it to soak the cubes in before you put the clones into it,

AFAIK you should NOT do this before the roots are there and the clone is in its soil.....all a healthy clone needs is a good motherplant and rooting hormone. I have NEVER used fertilizers etc. on not rooted clones

Are these clones off the same struggling plant you showed in the other thread? They look ph off too. I wouldn't have sprayed them with feed, I would have added the feed to the water you're soaking the plugs in. 

Have you checked ph during your grow? Using tap water?