Music4Plants... and SH

Guest guest

@g22 thats a new one to me, some interesting dub The Spy From Cairo - Nafas

Great version of U Roy's tune Soul Rebel by the Gladiators, never heard that version of No No No before, they do a good job, Dawn Penn did the original in the 80's

These guys mek some sweet dub Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad

Heres a blast from the past

• Like 2

Yes @g22 your right YouTube makes it easy to check out any type of music.

As a youth me an my friend would piss off from school and get well red then go into a record shop and get the staff to play track from different records, but if they were not into the tunes they would soon kick us out of the shop because  we were not buying anything just getting them to play stuff like a free disco, happy days.

YouTube is great for checking stuff out before you buy as well say if you heard a track from an album but you want to make sure you like the rest of the tracks rather than buy an album for a single track, although I have done that with Marvin Gaye's Whats Going On I like Whats Going On the title track and Mercy Mercy Me, Big Youth does a cover of Mercy Mercy Me on Isiah First Prophet Of Old which is a nice version he does it justice.

I recently got a copy of Inner Circles album Bad To The Bone they do a cover of Neil Youngs Down By The River as soon as I heard the track I knew I had to grab a copy it is also on the Bad Boys album which was realeased later.

I also like lots of blues stuff like Howlin Wolf and Muddy Waters, I love the photo of Muddy on the cover of After The Rain he is bare chested mud spattered and holding a massive frog or toad, the sounds and lyrics these guys were throwing down are what inspired all the rock bands of the 60's

• Like 3

Today all the music I own is on CD's back in the day I had a shit load of albums on vinyl from rock bands like Pink Floyd, Doors, Kinks, Grateful Dead, Bad Co, Matching Mole, Steve Hillage, Hawkwind, Gong, Jefferson Airplane, Ten Years After, Wish Bone Ash, Caravan, Gong, Here & Now, Khan, Soft Machine, King Crimson, Yes, Hatfield In The North, National Heath Service the list goes on then I started to get into reggae and I started to buy albums by Yellowman, Toots, U Roy, I Roy, The Beat, Sammy Dread, Linton Quasi Johnson, Steel Pulse, Gregory Isaacs, Prince Far I, Big Youth, Misty In Roots again the list goes on.

By this time it was 1981 I was checking all the roots and culture stuff from the mid 1970's that was still only 6 years old and it was great I was soaking it all up, then I got into smack and the rest is history selling vinyl is an easy way to raise money to score, at first there was a one shop where they guy would keep it for say 5 days but after that if someone want to buy it he would sell it and get his money.

Unfortunately it did not take long for me to sell my collection to feed my habit, I always thought I could rebuild my collection, but it never happened my habit kept getting in the way.

Yes the sound quality with digital music is great, but it will never beat the sound of vinyl for me having grown up with the sounds of vinyl records on crap mono systems and good quality systems, the didgital recording lacks the warmth and depth of vinyl, the sound of the mechanical contact between the needle and the vinyl itself, the sound of the needle as it runs into the first track or between tracks and at the end adds some much to the thing.

Somebody has uploaded a recording of Frank Zappa's Sleep Dirt on YouTube and it is a recording of the vinyl and you can hear the needle as it runs in to the first track and betwen each track and at the end it is brilliant just as I remember hearing it as a youth of 17 years old.

• Like 1

@gasmeter

Thats history bro i hope you better now . i have some vinyl too but a good 18 year or more some crack head stole  my installation and all the studio of a friends that make techno but its a lesson but i have never digested this story.

evolution of technology is good but I found turn table with vinyl much cooler than is used now even if the sound is more sophisticated

• Like 1

Hi @g22 yes bro all that shyte is well behind me now.

About 5 years ago I made the final step and quit using an 80ml per day Methadone script I had been using for over 20 years and got clean properly and I have not looked back.

As I told a friend who I grew up with I signed up for peace and love not fucking pain and misery.

Nice one @OG.Naj I like the video good tune and great lyrics good words with meaning.

Smoke up the ishence give thanks and praises, keep that stone out yah bone!

• Like 3

@g22 you just have to be honest with yourself when your being a dickhead then you can do something about it and change your ways.

If you don't know your being a cock or your lying making sad arsed excuses for being a dick then your not going to help yourself.

The best word to describe the lifestyle is feral, you are like an animal scavenging taking any advantage that is presented, it is a sad miserable and very lonely lifestyle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gasmeter said:

Gran elección de palabras @ OG.Naj   ahora está limpia y mirando hacia atrás cómo sentí que era como si la heroína fuera como un manto en mi alma y ahora estoy disfrutando de la luz :fumar:

So until the end brother @gasmeter
 It costs when you see the mountain so high and you intend to reach the top in a single moment and it is a lie that is daily work and perseverance until you reach the top but once up there nobody will bring you down after everything you have achieved

Peace and love my friend ✌️ 😉 👍

Asi hasta el fin hermano @gasmeter

Cuesta cuando ves la montaña tan arriba y pretendes alcanzar la cima en un solo momento y es mentira eso es trabajo diario y constancia hasta llegar arriba pero una vez arriba nadie te hara bajar despues de todo lo conseguido

Paz y amor mi amigo ✌️ 😉 👍 

• Like 1