Smokey's El Nino/Super Lemon Haze/Trainwreck grow - all 4 types of Powderfeed - 600W + LED's

Smokeythabear

Hi Gaz thanks for the nice comment :) Man congrats on 5th place brother! Nevermind the controversy, it was well deserved and there are some on the site that I hope don't darken my journal with their negative vibes...ignore them and enjoy your prize ;) I will look for January's grow, I will be harvesting mine around the end of that month..i keep thinking of doing a mix of auto and regular but think I may stick to regular for awhile..not sure tho..change my mind often :P What strains do you have growing now?

Was well happy with 5th ! No complaints from here. I've been doing half auto half fem as gives me more room last 2/3 wks for the fems to flourish.

Got some WSS Afgooey Kalashnikova auto, pure power plant bubblegum and Lemon juice express , have finally ordered my first dr120 tent and a lumatek dimmable, so coming for you next year lol.

• Like 1

hehehe damn wife i thought you told me she gave you permission :P :P    Well i guess we'll have to wait a little to see the results of this new toy ;)

But the plants look good no matter the camera!

Have a good grow man

• Like 1

hi,

nice picture !!!!your babies strart bloom ;always good plants Smokey !!!

PEACE

Thanks brother, that was very nice to say! I always see nice plants in your garden as well..PEACE

Was well happy with 5th ! No complaints from here. I've been doing half auto half fem as gives me more room last 2/3 wks for the fems to flourish.

Got some WSS Afgooey Kalashnikova auto, pure power plant bubblegum and Lemon juice express , have finally ordered my first dr120 tent and a lumatek dimmable, so coming for you next year lol.

That's a good idea man :) Yumm yumm those are some tasty strains..I would imagine the smell must be glorious!! congrats on the new gear, you will be amazed at how much light the tent reflects back to the plants and the ballast will definitely help temps..made a huge difference in the temp of the level I grow on. Man your gonna be set with that PF..looking forward to more grows from ya bro!

PEACE

Looking Smokey, keep your eyes on the stretch and your head room.

THanks man!! Ya you would think the SLH's woulda been the ones to give be trouble with the stretch but the trainwreck is a strong plant and kicked liked crazy with the sativa genes taking over I suppose. The stretch has stopped and the focus is on buds..I just have to keep the main cola away of the TW away from the light and lots of air flowing! PEACE

hehehe damn wife i thought you told me she gave you permission :P :P    Well i guess we'll have to wait a little to see the results of this new toy ;)

But the plants look good no matter the camera!

Have a good grow man

Haha I thought I had the green light to bud  :fie:  :biggrin:  But you know how it is..sometimes what you think you heard is what you really just WANTED to hear :P lol Sorry but this round of pictures coming is the old camera too..GOOD NEWS..8 days till  :santaclaus:  and better quality pictures :) Thanks for the nice words Dust!

PEACE

17/12/13 – 20 days into 12/12 

Hello friends :)

It’s almost 3 weeks into flowering and all plants will be getting a light flush next water with 18 L each plant of very light nutrient solution (except the El nino which just had a light flush). 18 L is just under the volume of the medium. I would flush with 2 x the amount of the medium but the plants condition, having not been feeding them high concentration nutes, and the run-off numbers say 18 L should be enough. I wanted to wait until they had begun to really bud before flushing them with the exception of the El Nino which I think needed it most.

Resin formation has really started to show on the Trainwreck plant and she smells super sour, a top shelf plant for sure. She is showing some red now on the fan leaf stems and is probably wanting more phosphorous or something since flowering so strongly and not giving them a ton of nutes, or maybe the opposite and wants a flush, hard to say. The other 3 are budding nicely as well now but aren’t anywhere near as far along as the Trainwreck that seems to pile calyx on calyx overnight.

Lots of crowded and lower foliage has been removed. I’ve really started to remove the big fans a few at a time per day on the El nino that seem to want to block prime bud sites and so far the plant has responded nicely.

Lights on temp. = 25 - 26°C                            rH = 42 - 50% 

Lights off temp. = 20 - 21°C                rH = 38 – 45 %

For any numbers geeks out there (like me!) here is what has been going in (and coming out) of the plants since my last “data” update with data...a long time ago.

For those who find the numbers boring, I know there are tons, please scroll ahead for the latest pictures and as always scrolling over the picture should reveal the name of the plant. I apologize about the crappy quality..I didn’t have the camera on the best settings and I know there are a number of images that are almost the same but had different lighting or angles and couldn't decide so I included them both.  Stay safe, happy and high!

PEACE

06/12/13 – 9 days into 12/12

This morning I woke and checked on the plants (the lights go off at 5 am) and found the big Trainwreck REALLY light and wanting water with a lot of turgor pressure gone from some of the leaves (limp leaves). She could have/should have been watered after only 2 days! As it is I will water her as soon as the lights come on with about the same strength as last water – next water will be a mini flush with 20 L of water and really low feed strength I think.

Light feed Trainwreck #1 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.25 mL/L x 10 L = 12.5 mL       ppm: 320

Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 1.5 mL/L x 10  L = 15 mL   ppm: 10

DNF Carbo Logic @ 0.3 g/L x 10 L = 3 g                                 

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @ 0.27 g/L x 10 L = 2.7 g                          ppm: 260

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.15 mL/L x 10 L = 1.5 mL                         ppm: 30

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 620

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff (ppm in – ppm out)

Trainwreck                               6.2                   900                              280

07/12/13

Light feed SLH #1 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL               ppm: 260

Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 1.5 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL    ppm: 20

Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy @ 1.5 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL  ppm: 60

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.05 g/L x 10 L = 0.5 g                           ppm: 60

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.15 mL/L x 10 L = 1.5 mL                         ppm: 30

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 19°C                                Total ppm: 430

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm out – ppm in)

SLH#1                                      6.2                   640                              210

08/12/13 – 11 days into 12/12

All plants are now not only showing pistils but are starting to actually flower. It’s really noticeable on tops of the budsites and more so on the Trainwreck, then the SLH’s, and lastly the El nino.

Light feed SLH #2 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.1 mL/L x 10 L = 11 mL            ppm: 280

Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL     ppm: 40

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.05 g/L x 10 L = 0.5 g                           ppm: 60

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 10 L = 1.25 mL          ppm: 20

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 400

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm out – ppm in)

SLH#2                                       6.2                   730                              330

09/12/13

Light feed Trainwreck #1 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL            ppm: 270

Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL     ppm: 40

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 10 L = 1 g                   ppm: 100

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 19°C                                Total ppm: 450

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm out – ppm in)

Trainwreck                  6.3                   770                              320

I’ve been doing a little bit of leaf removal around the bottom of the plants, as well as some sucker bud sites that will not amount to much, nothing major until I’m sure the stretch has stopped. Budding has begun nicely with all plants showing lots of pistils now and bud tops starting with the Trainwreck leading the way budding overnight it seems. They could all probably use a good flush and I think they will get a low-medium strength dose of nutrients next water then a good flush with lots of water the next. I was going to do it earlier but thought flushing before the stretch stopped might be a bad idea. The exception being the El Nino which I’m pretty sure needs the flush the most and will get it tomorrow I think. I’ve noticed some copper colored spots that I think are indicating a bit of lock out possibly; hopefully the flush will help.

10/12/13 – 13 days into 12/12

Light flush of El Nino w/18 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 18 L = 18 mL               ppm: 270

Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 0.55 mL/L x 18 L = 10 mL ppm: 10  

Advnc Nutrients Bud Candy @ 0.55 mL/L x 18 L = 10mL       ppm: 30

DNF Enhance @ 0.55 mL/L x 18 L = 10 mL                            ppm: 20

GHSC Indica Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 18 L = 1.8 g                 ppm: 100

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 10 L = 1 mL                 ppm: 20

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 19°C                                Total ppm: 420

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff (ppm in – ppm out)

El Nino                                     6.4                   530                              110

Interesting observation - run-off pH is a little high for having ran through 18 L of 6.0 pH water

11/12/13

Feed SLH #1 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL               ppm: 270

Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL       ppm: 10

DNF Enhance @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL                                 ppm: 20

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.3 g/L x 10 L = 3 g                    ppm: 280

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 10 L = 1.25 mL        ppm: 20

pH: 6.2            Temperature: 19°C                                Total ppm: 640

SLH#1                                     6.3                   680                              40

SLH#1 was definitely ready for food and she could have probably taken a little more than I gave her but I want to ease her up to stronger feeds and want to err on the side of caution and underfeeding if I can this grow. I’m testing to see if I can still harvest a good yield without pushing them too hard and figure the smoke will be sweeter if it’s easier to flush any excess nutes at the end.              

12/12/13

Feed SLH #2 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL                           ppm: 270

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.3 g/L x 10 L = 3 g                    ppm: 270

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 19°C                                Total ppm: 610

SLH#2                                       6.3                   740                              130

Feed Trainwreck w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.2 mL/L x 9 L = 11 mL              ppm: 300

Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 1 mL/L x 9 L = 9 mL           ppm: 10

Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy @ 1.5 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL  ppm: 50

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @ 0.5 g/L x 9 L = 4.5 g                  ppm: 430

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.15 mL/L x 10 L = 1.5 mL                        ppm: 30

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 830

Trainwreck                                  6.3                   980                              150

15/12/13

Feed SLH #1 w/10 liters r/o water +

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.32 g/L x 10 L = 3.2 g                           ppm: 270

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 610

SLH#1                                       6.3                   770                              160

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.2 mL/L x 10 L = 12 mL            ppm: 290

Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 9 mL         ppm: 10

Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL     ppm: 30

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @ 0.5 g/L x 10 L = 5 g                   ppm: 440

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.15 mL/L x 10 L = 1.5 mL                        ppm: 20

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 790

Trainwreck                  6.4                   1010                            220

Feed El nino w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.1 mL/L x 10 L = 11 mL            ppm: 280

GHSC Indica Powderfeed @ 0.3 g/L x 9 L = 4.5 g                   ppm: 280

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.15 mL/L x 10 L = 1.5 mL                        ppm: 30

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 610

El Nino                         6.5                   680                              70

16/12/13

Feed SLH #2 w/10 liters r/o water +

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.3 g/L x 10 L = 3 g                    ppm: 280

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.12 mL/L x 10 L = 1.2 mL                        ppm: 20

pH: 6.2            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 610

SLH#1                                      6.4                   820                              210

post-14382-0-74165000-1387334129.jpg

post-14382-0-79015300-1387334130.jpg

post-14382-0-04845300-1387334204.jpg

post-14382-0-89848000-1387334204.jpg

post-14382-0-87977100-1387334205.jpg

post-14382-0-71075500-1387334207.jpg

post-14382-0-22248300-1387334209.jpg

post-14382-0-31189200-1387334211.jpg

post-14382-0-89386300-1387334212.jpg

post-14382-0-96857600-1387334213.jpg

post-14382-0-92521400-1387334214.jpg

post-14382-0-06537100-1387334254.jpg

post-14382-0-91994500-1387334254.jpg

• Like 2

wow looking great mna :) Indeed like you said the resin on the trainwreck has really started building up and it looks great for that "early" in flowering :) And all the others look good as well of course as usual ;)

Thanks fr the nice update as always!

Have a good flowering

• Like 1

Looking lovely Smokey, once again keep your eyes on the uprising or you will have a case of Syria,Libya,etc were your plant will get out of control and look to take over your grow space.

:lol: Hahaha...I like the way you put that, gave me a good laugh! Ya I hear ya man, that Trainwreck takes whatever space you give her. I'm going to be putting the bamboo poles in her tomorrow and get her straightened out and tied up a little before she becomes tent dictator. Thanks for the nice comment.

PEACE

wow looking great mna :) Indeed like you said the resin on the trainwreck has really started building up and it looks great for that "early" in flowering :) And all the others look good as well of course as usual ;)

Thanks fr the nice update as always!

Have a good flowering

Thanks Dust :) The smell from the Trainwreck is dominating the tent with an awesome sour/citrus kind of smell, she is definitely the most robust of the 5 seeds, I'm really looking forward to seeing her finish. The SLH's are starting to have a slight lemon smell and something I can't name, but they seem to be haze pheno dominant and I'm thinking are going to take a few weeks longer than the last ones I grew. 

I have a kinky surprise for you next post, just have to take a couple of pictures and you will see soon ;)

PEACE

Hey smokey, i just thought i would point something out i don't think i saw anyone mention it.  It looks to me like one of your plant's has maybe what might be a zinc deficiency.

Here is a photo of the plant i am talking about.

post-14382-0-92521400-1387334214.jpg 

if it is a zinc defiency what you wanna do is Flush with ph'd water that has a half strength nutrient content with something containing Zinc, Iron and manganese so like half strength powderfeeding should work. but yeah flush wih the ph'd light nutrient water and then moniter for the next few day's to see if new growth is sill affected. if it is a zinc defiency you wanna deal with it because if you don't it will effect the size of your bud's on the plant drastically.

• Like 1

hehe as always you have eye greeno :)  I almost mentionned it also and after looking a little at the pic i thought it was the lighting doing this maybe cause if you look in the shade of the leaves it seems a lot greener and looking more normal. But maybe it was not so it's nice to ask and i look forward to see what the answer will be cause i was intrigued ^^

• Like 1

@ Greenomatic and @ Dust,

Regarding the possible Zinc Deficiency: What is it that your trained eyes see in the Picture above?

I agree that something about that Pic struck me as odd, but I couldn't put my finger on it without the same doubts as you, Dust.

Is Zinc Deficiency typified by the seemingly bleached surface appearance between dark green recessed veins of the leaves (which could be a lighting illusion as hypothesized by Dust)?

Or is it typified by curly skinny new leaves (which could be pre-flowers, thereby fooling us all)?

I searched for a description of Zinc Deficiency online, and I did not find one. Do you fellas have a link to a reliable source of diagnostic and corrective Information for Zinc Deficiency?

If so, I want to add that information to my library. Thanks in advance.

'sapean

• Like 2

Hey smokey, i just thought i would point something out i don't think i saw anyone mention it.  It looks to me like one of your plant's has maybe what might be a zinc deficiency.

Here is a photo of the plant i am talking about.

if it is a zinc defiency what you wanna do is Flush with ph'd water that has a half strength nutrient content with something containing Zinc, Iron and manganese so like half strength powderfeeding should work. but yeah flush wih the ph'd light nutrient water and then moniter for the next few day's to see if new growth is sill affected. if it is a zinc defiency you wanna deal with it because if you don't it will effect the size of your bud's on the plant drastically.

Hi Greeno, thanks for noticing and commenting, it's good to have skilled eyes in the forum to help us newer growers out. I don't think it's a Zinc deficiency though for a couple of reasons although I can see why it could seem that way, but it could definitely be a deficiency of some kind, and I could be wrong. I've been really trying not to overfeed them and find a sweet spot without loading them up with nutes, and with the stretch kicking once 12/12 started they got pretty pale as I may have went as little too light. Once I started to add more nutes the leaves began to get quite a bit greener. It's this stage that I too the pictures at and you can see the banding. So, maybe a small deficiency, but not from overfert and lockout I don't think. I had planned on and did give them all a mini-flush with 18 L light nutes and the SLH in question got hers on the 19th (had gotten a good feed 4 days before this) and 4 days later is looking awesome with much less banding and much more green. I will most likely give her another 18 L mini flush the water after this one, or maybe 36 L or so to really make sure things are on track, it will depend on how she responds to today's feeding. 

I included info about zinc deficiencies below that I've seen a few places, and I think originally comes from the Medical Growers Bible, I got it from this site to be fair: http://growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms (not the best site to find the info - but it's all there about zinc and other nutrient deficiencies or toxicities.

A couple of things I noticed are that it says zinc deficiencies first start with younger leaves developing interveinal chlorosis. The younger leaves of the SLH #1 are the least affected showing almost none of this trait, it's the larger fans that showed it the most as they got greener which is the opposite.  (**EDIT - after looking at the plant closer it is the leaves on the upper part of the plant in general  with both larger fans and smaller leaves showing slight banding- but younger leaves on middle and lower part of the plant are fine). Also, it says that "new leaves and growing tips develop small thin blades and contort and wrinkle - I think this is what may have you also thinking there is an issue, but the thin leaves that you see around the top of the main cola are typical and normal of the SLH strain at this stage of flowering from my past experience with it especially at this early stage of flowering. Bud growth is still good with nice white fluffy pistils and resin and smell starting really nicely now. There are also no signs of leaf tip burn and discoloration as the info about zinc mentions. 

As for flushing with 1/2 strength PF, with my setup that is generally all the plants need for feed strenght or will even tolerate at this point without overfert due to the medium type and the root innoculant used I think. Even though I do use a fair number of additives through the grow, I still really want to use the minimum concentration of nutes to get max results and nice clean easy to flush plant and I generally stick to 1/2 strength additives at the most as well. Maybe when I get a little more experience I will be able to push the plants a little more with stronger feed strengths.

In the next pictures you will see a big difference in the SLH #1.

Thanks again for the help and concern tho man, we need growers like you to keep us on our toes! 

PEACE

hehe as always you have eye greeno :)  I almost mentionned it also and after looking a little at the pic i thought it was the lighting doing this maybe cause if you look in the shade of the leaves it seems a lot greener and looking more normal. But maybe it was not so it's nice to ask and i look forward to see what the answer will be cause i was intrigued ^^

Haha..Dust you can always ask, point out or mention when you think I'm missing something ;)

PEACE

@ Greenomatic and @ Dust,

Regarding the possible Zinc Deficiency: What is it that your trained eyes see in the Picture above?

I agree that something about that Pic struck me as odd, but I couldn't put my finger on it without the same doubts as you, Dust.

Is Zinc Deficiency typified by the seemingly bleached surface appearance between dark green recessed veins of the leaves (which could be a lighting illusion as hypothesized by Dust)?

Or is it typified by curly skinny new leaves (which could be pre-flowers, thereby fooling us all)?

I searched for a description of Zinc Deficiency online, and I did not find one. Do you fellas have a link to a reliable source of diagnostic and corrective Information for Zinc Deficiency?

If so, I want to add that information to my library. Thanks in advance.

'sapean

Hi Cannabissapean :) Have a look at the link I posted above, it may have some info you are interested in! Thanks for stopping by ;)

**EDIT - Here's a better link that has a really good post on nutrient disorders 

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/problems-pests-disease-control/81275-cannabis-plant-pest-problem-solver-pictorial.html

PEACE

zinc-info-marijuana.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!! – 35 days into 12/12

Hello and happy New Year hunters!! I apologize, it’s been 2 weeks since I posted an update and I have one word as my excuse – divorce. At least I still got the new camera which I’m still figuring out, it’s a decent cam but I’m not going to get shots like Mr. X or anything lol :P I need to get the white balance set up properly I think to get the most true to life colours when they are under HID + LED.

Because of the divorce and us having a child together I got to show my legal grow to 2 cops and a child services worker, the one cop had a ton of curious questions about my volcano and my crop and thought the whole deal was pretty cool LOL. They were actually all pretty decent about it and because it’s legal and I had locks on everything there were no issues, times and attitudes are changing, with some people anyways.

The resin on all plants is building quickly along with the amazing smell. The El Nino is very lemon/lime/citrus like which surprised me until I read more about the strain. She is growing big chunky Indica buds as expected. I finally got smart and did a fair amount leave removal allowing more air and light to the middle of the plant. The lower branches were tied down to open her up and she was propped up on a spare bucket since she was so much shorter than the other plants.

The Super Lemon Hazes are similar in that you can smell the lemon and the haze smells in both but the SLH#2 has a very spicy smell along with it while the SLH#1 doesn’t. They’ve already developed nice big buds and have those fat white fluffy pistils that the strains known for.

The Trainwreck is the most resinous and smells so strong with a combo of sour, citrus and skunk and dominates the tent. My only concern with the Trainwreck  is the lack of weight/size to the buds but they still have time to fill out and if the heavy resin is any indication it’s gonna be some AAA smoke (I hope!). I wanted to take her out of the tent but she is so big I can't get her out unless I take out both front plants and once I do that there's no more room to take her out and put her anywhere :P

Alright, here is the shitload of numbers and pictures for your enjoyment, (check out the El nino bud picture that looks like some sort of troll face with a beard lol) I wish everyone a blessed New Year full of peace and lots of stinky green buds!!

PEACE 

18/12/13

I’ve been wanting to prop the shorter El Nino plant up on something to get her closer to the light and finally found a spare bucket that’s the right height so she is now almost as tall as the Trainwreck. This will really increase the intensity of the light she will receive and I should have done this a lot sooner.

Light flush of Trainwreck w/18 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.1 mL/L x 18 L = 19 mL            ppm: 270

GHSC Hybrid  Powderfeed @ 0.2 g/L x 18 L = 3.6 g                           ppm: 180

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 18 L = 1.8 mL              ppm: 20

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 21°C                                Total ppm: 470

Trainwreck                  6.5                   580                              110

19/12/13

Light flush of SLH#1 w/18 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.1 mL/L x 18 L = 19 mL            ppm: 260

GHSC Sativa  Powderfeed @ 0.15 g/L x 18 L = 2.7 g              ppm: 150

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 18 L = 1.8 mL              ppm: 20

pH: 6.1            Temperature: 21°C                                Total ppm: 430

SLH#1                          6.4                   500                              70

20/12/13

Light flush of SLH#2 w/18 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 18 L = 18 mL               ppm: 260

GHSC Sativa  Powderfeed @ 0.125 g/L x 18 L = 2.2 g            ppm: 110

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.12 mL/L x 18 L = 2 mL               ppm: 30

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 400

Plant                           Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff (ppm in – ppm out)

SLH#1              6.4                   500                              100     

21/12/13 – 24 days into 12/12

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.2 mL/L x 10 L = 12 mL            ppm: 300

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1.5 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL                        ppm: 110

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @ 0.4 g/L x 10 L = 4 g                   ppm: 360

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 840

Plant                           Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm out – ppm in)

Trainwreck                  6.5                   910                              70

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1.5 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL                        ppm: 110

GHSC Indica Powderfeed @ 0.4 g/L x 10 L = 4 g                    ppm: 340

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 10 L = 1.25 mL        ppm: 30

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 830

Plant                           Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm out – ppm in)

El Nino             6.4                   870                              40

** Just read a 1996 post by Franco on icmag.com saying the El nino should finish at 5.8 pH in flowering, so I need to lower this.  He also indicated that it can handle high EC but needs regular flushing if you push her.

23/12/13

Feed SLH#1 w/10 liters r/o water +

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL               ppm: 70

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.35 g/L x 10 L = 4 g                  ppm: 300

pH: 5.9            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 750

SLH#1              6.3                   800                              50

24/12/13

Feed SLH#2 w/10 liters r/o water +

Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL     ppm: 50

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.35 g/L x 10 L = 4 g                  ppm: 300

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 760

SLH#2              6.4                   900                              140

Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy @ 1.5 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL  ppm: 50

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @ 0.4 g/L x 10 L = 4 g                   ppm: 350

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 730

Trainwreck      6.5                   950                              220

27/12/13 – 30 days into 12/12

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.2 mL/L x 10 L = 12 mL            ppm: 310

Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL     ppm: 50

DNF Bloom Booster @ 0.1 g/L x 10 L = 1 g                            ppm: 40

GHSC Indica Powderfeed @ 0.35 g/L x 10 L = 3.5 g                           ppm: 320

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 10 L = 1.25 mL        ppm: 40

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 770

El Nino                         6.4                   890                              120

Light Feed Trainwreck w/10 liters r/o water +

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 10 L = 1 g                   ppm: 80

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 410

Trainwreck      6.5                   750                              340

Light Feed SLH#1 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.2 mL/L x 10 L = 12 mL            ppm: 280

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 10 L = 1 g                    ppm: 80

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 410

SLH#1              6.4                   600                              190

28/12/13

Light Feed SLH#2 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL               ppm: 260

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 10 L = 1 g                    ppm: 80

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 350

SLH#2              6.4                   710                              360

** ALL PLANTS NEED A GOOD FLUSH TO GET THE PH BACK TO NORMAL – THINK I’M GOING TO USE 30 L TAP WATER + 10 L R/O WATER FOR EACH PLANT NEXT WATER WITH VERY LIGHT NUTES

30/12/13

Decided to try a flush with 2 x the volume of the containers by running 30 L of tap water (left out for 24 hrs to dissipate chlorine) with a little bit of PF through it to flush out old nute salts and hopefully lower the pH, then feed with 10 L r/o water + nutes as usual to keep the food coming since I just gave her a light feed last water. I’m not sure if others have tried this approach or how effective/beneficial or maybe harmful doing this will be, won’t know for a few days to see how she responds. So far 1 hr after flush she is still perky as hell and shows no sign that I just ran that much water through.

I should also note that the Trainwreck has pistils starting to turn brown already and it is full of resin. I think it will be the first plant harvested and may not go longer than 8 weeks of 12/12.

Flush Trainwreck w/ 2 x 15 liters tap water                                     ppm: 340

plus

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @ 0.15 g/L x 15 L = 2.3 g                          ppm: 140

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 21°C                                Total ppm: 470

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm out – ppm in)

Trainwreck                  6.5                   470                 

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL               ppm: 80

DNF Bloom Booster @ 0.1 g/L x 10 L = 1 g                            ppm: 50

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @ 0.4 g/L x 10 L = 4 g                   ppm: 370

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 880

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm out – ppm in)

Trainwreck                  6.4                   750                              - 130

** I’m happy with the run-off ppm but I didn’t manage to get the pH down much.

31/12/13 – 34 days into 12/12

So far the Trainwreck looks really good today after her flush/feed yesterday so I’m going to do the same with the SLH#1.

Flush SLH#1 w/ 2 x 15 liters tap water                                  ppm: 340

plus

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 15 L = 1.5 g                 ppm: 80

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 21°C                                Total ppm: 420

SLH#1                         6.5                   440                              20

Feed SLH#1 w/10 liters r/o water +

DNF Bloom Booster @ 0.1 g/L x 10 L = 1 g                            ppm: 40

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.3 g/L x 10 L = 3 g                    ppm: 260

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 720

SLH#1                          6.4                   600                              - 120

** left out the Potassium silicate – thinking sine it’s both a base and alkaline it may possibly have been building up and slowly increasing the plant mediums alkalinity and pH. I’m using it at half strength which is more than past grows and maybe this is too much. I will start to use it at ¼ strength I think for the remainder of the grow and may leave it out some feeds as well.

01/01/14

Flush SLH#2 w/ 2 x 15 liters tap water                                  ppm: 330

plus

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 15 L = 1.5 g                 ppm: 90

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 21°C                                Total ppm: 420

SLH#2                         6.5                   440                              20

Feed SLH#2 w/10 liters r/o water +

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.75 mL/L x 10 L = 7.5 mL         ppm: 40

DNF Bloom Booster @ 0.1 g/L x 10 L = 1 g                            ppm: 40

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.2 g/L x 10 L = 2 g                    ppm: 170

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 21°C                                Total ppm: 580

SLH#2                          6.4                   490                              - 110

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.2 mL/L x 10 L = 12 mL            ppm: 290

DNF Bloom Booster @ 0.1 g/L x 10 L = 1 g                            ppm: 50

GHSC Indica Powderfeed @ 0.4 g/L x 10 L = 4 g                    ppm: 360

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 21°C                                Total ppm: 820

El Nino                         6.4                   950                              130

Lights on temp. = 25 - 26°C                rH = 35 - 45% 

Lights off temp. = 20 - 21°C                rH = 30 – 40%

post-14382-0-37014700-1388624310.jpg

post-14382-0-39545200-1388624311.jpg

post-14382-0-89283500-1388624324.jpg

post-14382-0-77109000-1388624325.jpg

post-14382-0-53533700-1388624326.jpg

post-14382-0-89314300-1388624333.jpg

post-14382-0-11618100-1388624356.jpg

post-14382-0-99705300-1388624356.jpg

post-14382-0-78409600-1388624357.jpg

post-14382-0-47873700-1388624358.jpg

post-14382-0-24601300-1388624359.jpg

post-14382-0-93191900-1388624382.jpg

post-14382-0-04250500-1388624384.jpg

post-14382-0-15920200-1388624406.jpg

post-14382-0-57253800-1388624407.jpg

post-14382-0-62666100-1388624409.jpg

post-14382-0-46458600-1388624443.jpg

post-14382-0-40414900-1388624445.jpg

post-14382-0-82544300-1388624446.jpg

post-14382-0-59248100-1388624447.jpg

post-14382-0-61558800-1388624448.jpg

post-14382-0-69217000-1388624449.jpg

post-14382-0-59158100-1388624450.jpg

post-14382-0-79615600-1388624451.jpg

• Like 3

Hey bro!! Well first of all Happy new year to you!!

Secondly Shit man sorry to hear for the divorce, i hope it went good and in good conditions and that it will continue in good terms! Luckily you still have 4 nice girls to heat your heart and they look very nice as usual! the TW is indeed soo frosty, gonna be a sticky harvest hehe ;)

Have a good grow man keep us updated

• Like 1

Hey Smokey :D

As allways u got some Blasting ladis in ur Tent :)

As i saw quite a few times on here ur using a lot of Nitrogen too. This makes a realy Photogene Plant but it will remid in worse budstructure and a slight hit on the Smell, i would cut down a little on the N in Bloom phase and ur Buds will be 100% perfect :)

Really sorry to hear u got some big Stones thrown o ur Road right now but remember a Big Rock allways is a good opportunity to climb up ad take a wide look at where u want to go next ;)

cheers

• Like 1

WOW- Keep on trucking bro. perfectly perfect planties !

Hi Bam! I hope you had a good New Years eve and day :) Thanks for the nice words brother, still learning though and have not had the time or energy to spend with them that they deserve this crop. I'm just hoping not to screw anything up too badly and have them finish decently. I started them in the small pots in Pro-Mix that was compromised by fungus (didn't realize it until days after the transplant) shoulda flushed them a lot sooner, paid more attention to Nitrogen (THANKS VERTOX!) but when we are not "professional" growers and have other shit goin on life gets in the way sometimes :P

PEACE

Hey bro!! Well first of all Happy new year to you!!

Secondly Shit man sorry to hear for the divorce, i hope it went good and in good conditions and that it will continue in good terms! Luckily you still have 4 nice girls to heat your heart and they look very nice as usual! the TW is indeed soo frosty, gonna be a sticky harvest hehe ;)

Have a good grow man keep us updated

Hi Dust :) Ya you know..shit happens..life goes on :P We're just separated right now, go to court Monday to start divorce and custody crap and so far it was not good terms lol. I'm hoping the past 2 weeks have cooled things off. 

YES bro, you're right and thanks, there are still 4 sexy ladies in the tent that make me happy every time I spend time with them! I'm going to take Vertox's advice though and reduce the N...I don't think I will be able to push the Trainwreck past 8 weeks max by the looks of her and harvest always seems to come early and surprise me so this time I want excess nutes OUT early :P 

Hey Smokey :D

As allways u got some Blasting ladis in ur Tent :)

As i saw quite a few times on here ur using a lot of Nitrogen too. This makes a realy Photogene Plant but it will remid in worse budstructure and a slight hit on the Smell, i would cut down a little on the N in Bloom phase and ur Buds will be 100% perfect :)

Really sorry to hear u got some big Stones thrown o ur Road right now but remember a Big Rock allways is a good opportunity to climb up ad take a wide look at where u want to go next ;)

cheers

Hi Vertox, man thanks a lot for giving me 2 extremely good pieces of advice bro!! :)

I agree, they are too green with N and I'm going to take your advice and reduce it. After looking closer at what I'm putting in gonna do this by lowering the Cal - Mag Plus a little (2-0-0), lowering or eliminating the B-52 (2-1-4) for the rest of the grow, lower the PF a little and increase the 0-50-30 a little. It's been tough to wrap my head around feed strength because if you look they are only getting 760 max ppms (1.08 EC) for the SLHs and 880 max ppms (1.25 EC, on the 700 ppm = 1 EC conversion scale) for the El Nino & Trainwreck..although the El Nino can definitely handle higher strength nutes as her run-off is always low since she's using up pretty much everything she gets..but again, less Nitrogen I hear ya lol. If you have any suggestions I'm open to em ;)

The second part about the big stones in the road...really damn helpful..thanks for showing me a different perspective! 

PEACE

• Like 1

Well my big advise is allways keep it damn Simple :P

I see ur big times brainmashing about how u nute them, First of i allways would go with fertilizers from 1 Brand only and best 1 Line only.

I personaly dont use EC mesurements on Soil cuz they can be very missleading u se it ur EC is pretty low but ur Plants are not underfeed at all heheh

For casual Plants i use hesi standard line only it is as simple as it gets and as good as it gets. For sissyplants i really love to use House&Gardens Line i used it in my big Rooms for years and couldent find any bad :P

And my personal secret is Hesi SuperVit! u can use it with any brand and its just a very good product.

And hey glad u got the big Stones one it was my first step for getting confident after a long love again :)

cheers man!

• Like 1

Well my big advise is allways keep it damn Simple :P

I see ur big times brainmashing about how u nute them, First of i allways would go with fertilizers from 1 Brand only and best 1 Line only.

I personaly dont use EC mesurements on Soil cuz they can be very missleading u se it ur EC is pretty low but ur Plants are not underfeed at all heheh

For casual Plants i use hesi standard line only it is as simple as it gets and as good as it gets. For sissyplants i really love to use House&Gardens Line i used it in my big Rooms for years and couldent find any bad :P

And my personal secret is Hesi SuperVit! u can use it with any brand and its just a very good product.

And hey glad u got the big Stones one it was my first step for getting confident after a long love again :)

cheers man!

I hear your argument to keep it simple, but I find that there are a few additives that make sense to add to the basics that I feel add to potency and yield etc...BUT after all of this messing around with additives, and with less $$ and time in my divorced future lol, I may HAVE to keep it as simple as possible :P Everyone says you can't go wrong with the Hesi..its just the price that hurts lol

About not keeping track of EC...I understand that in soil but I'm not running soil. The medium is soiless with a 50/50 mix of Pro-Mix HP (which only has a starter charge of nutes good for a week max according to the packaging, then its inert) with the other 50% being Grodan Rockwool Chunks that are like starter cubes almost but a little smaller and perfectly square and they add a lot of air space and don't compact. I also add a layer of clay pebbles at the bottom of the pots, and one on top..the one on top allows all kinds of small feeder roots to develop, helps to keep compaction down further, and helps reduce nute water splashing leaves. I know, NOT simple ;) With this mix I'm watering every 3 - 4 days most of the time in 23 L pots. 

I use a micorrizhae/B-1 root innoculant as well at both transplants which I knew helped reduce necessary nutes but didn't know how much until I was doing research for school and found a university agricultural study which basically showed that colonizing the root zone of plants that benefit from it can seriously majorly reduce the need for nutes in some cases. I should have saved the link..anyways..it might have something to do with it. 

Thanks again Vertox!

• Like 2

WHAT A NIGHTMARE !

WENT DOWNSTAIRS AT 4 AM, RIGHT BEFORE FINALLY GOING TO BED TO FIND THE LEAK IN THE BASEMENT THAT WAS “FIXED” WASN’T FIXED PROPERLY AND WITH THE TON OF SNOW AND SUDDEN THAW + RAIN, WATER HAD LEAKED AND SOAKED THE ENTIRE BOTTOM OF THE TENT AGAIN. I USED CATCH TRAYS TO PROP UP THE CORNERS OF THE TENT THEN SLID THE STEEL BARS FROM THE DRY TENT FRAME UNDER IT, SENT A FAN UP AND PUT IT ON HIGH TO EVAPORATE THE WATER UNDER THE TENT; CLEANED UP ALL THE WATER IN THE CORNER WHERE THE LEAK IS AND THREW DOWN FLOOR DRY. LUCKILY CAUGHT IF BEFORE IT WAS REALLY REALLY BAD. UNFORTUNATELY WHILE DOING THIS IN A HURRY I WAS NOT THINKING ABOUT THE EL NINO PROPPED UP ON A BUCKET AND ALL OF THE SUDDEN SHE CAME CRASHING DOWN ON THE TRAINWRECK DOING DAMAGE TO HER PISTILS AND WORSE BREAKING SOME TRAINWRECK BRANCHES. SO THERE IS NOW AN EARLY MINI HARVEST IN A DRY BOX OF TW BUDS – THEYRE DAMN FROSTY AND DANK AS HELL, JUST DIDN’T GET TOTALLY FLUSHED.

TENT WAS TOTALLY DRY UNDERNEATH 4 HOURS LATER AT LEAST. NOW IT NEEDS TO GET COLD AGAIN SO I CAN FINISH WITHOUT FLOODING! 

TOMORROW NIGHT I GET TO TEAR THE ENTIRE GROW TENT DOWN AND SET IT UP UPSTAIRS SO THE INSURANCE APPRAISER CAN GO IN THE FURNACE ROOM (ONLY ONE HE DIDN’T SEE WITH MY LOCK ON THE DOOR TO HIDE THE TENT ). I ENDED UP HAVING TO TELL THE LANDLORD - HE WAS PRETTY GOOD ABOUT IT BUT NEEDS IT MOVED FOR THE DAY :P THEN I GET TO TEAR IT DOWN AGAIN MONDAY NIGHT AND SET IT UP IN THE BASEMENT AGAIN. WHAT A CLUSTERFUCK.

PLANTS LOOK GREAT AT LEAST - THE TW HAS HEAVY HANGING BUDS ALL AROUND IT NOW - PICTURE UPDATE WHEN POSSIBLE SORRY SHITS CRAZY :P

PEACE

• Like 2

Its been a bad winter for rain both sides of the pond , I'm glad you caught the leak before to much damage was done.

Bummer you got to move your tent but at least it is the last hurdle and then you're home and dry.

Like you said its a shame your el nino fell into your trainwreck on the brighter side you get an early taste of whats to come.

Looking forward to your pics, I'm sure they'll be awesome :)

Take care my friend

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

Good thing is you are using a tent for growing, if my room was flooded or spotted I had to tore it down. Seems the worls is against this gow of yours.. I am sure you will win cause you strongly belive you are doing a positive work. I slowly learn from the plants now after cultivating herbs of various genetics I know it is there for man to ue and it is beneficial for me. It only depends on the strain or theindividuum how it helps . for me iit is Damnesia , makes my life better , I feel better, are more relaxed, have great appetite and care what I cook and I sleep peacefully. No coughing , no hangovers , just a little bit of paranoia when the first fattie of the day strikes in harder tan expected but even that has it's benefits..lol

BTW

How tall are your SLH. Finally I found a Haze that is too tall to fit UNDER the Spread-A-Wing . i have to bend the top down. This is a beast and shows no signs of slowing down growth. Extremely slow bloomer, Has been vegged for a good month but since it is on 12/12 the growing is astonishing but very little green material. The FBK is not even a 5th of the size but got more leave material by now AND wad started 2 weeks or so later than the SLH.

I am around day 20 of Flowering i guess, no smell no gum yet, When does the stretching stop ?

Next time I will top her a few times or better use a SCROG to get more buds. You grew the SLH before, so tiips are very welcome ..

Here is another interesting Reggae artist fro Hawaii it seems

Juhst Enoch -  Herb 'n Tymes

deep spiritual stuff

• Like 2