Smokey's El Nino/Super Lemon Haze/Trainwreck grow - all 4 types of Powderfeed - 600W + LED's

Smokeythabear

The “learn from your mistakes” grow!! – 28 days from seed

This grow has been a rough one from the start with a decent amount of my own mistakes and various mishaps, on top of being swamped with school and homelife, and that has meant that this crop has not had nearly the attention it deserves and has definitely suffered. As you will see from the pictures, these plants are definitely not where they could be at this stage for a number of reasons that are in the details of the journal. I just hope that I learn from this rough beginning and don't repeat the mistakes that are in my control again.

That said, you will notice a very strong Super Lemon Haze that I f’ed up FIM’ing (I know, how do you screw up a FIM?), a strong El Nino, and then in the rear a Trainwreck and a second Super Lemon Haze that both have had a really rough start but have seen much improvement since transplant into non compromised soil (read further ahead in the journal if interested in the moldy Pro Mix!).

Even though not a contest I’ve still kept track when I can of what has been happening for my own sake, and for anyone who actually enjoys the often boring dirty details. Please don’t follow exactly what I’ve done, as I said and want to repeat, I made lots of mistakes this time around and I hope that others can learn from them!!  There are not many pictures yet, I will pick up the pace on those once flowering has set in. Speaking of flowering, haven’t 100% decided how much longer to veg them, I definitely want the roots to start to fill the 23 L pots before I switch em over though, so at least another 1 or 2 weeks. This time will also allow them to catch up to where they should be. I may have to do some bending and training of the bigger SLH as things progress.

Enjoy the few pictures and the tons of details (as always :P)  for those interested. I will take more pictures of course as they get bigger and into flower..not much to see right now  :spiteful:

Peace

** IMPORTANT** - PPM's MEASURED AND STATED USING THE 0.1 EC = 70 PPM "TRUNCHEON" CONVERSION

Seeds (Surviving ones):

2 x Super Lemon Haze        1 x Trainwreck           1 x El Nino

Growing media:

Jiffy™ Peat starter pots

3.5 L pots – Pro Mix HP/Grodan Growcubes/Hydrotron clay pellets
23 L pots - Pro Mix™ High Porosity/Grodan™ Growchunks/Hydrotron™ clay pellets @ approx. 40/40/20 mix

Lighting:

Early Vegetation: 18/6 with 28W Sunshine Systems™ LED’s  + Sunblaster T5 fluorescents

Once established & Flowering: 18/6 with brand new 600W Hortilux  super HPS bulb (more blue in spectrum) enclosed in a cool tube reflector, plus 4 x LEDS

Ventilation:

Intake (once tent is closed)- 4 inch (10 cm), 176 cfm (300 M3/hr) Typhoon™ inline fan with a Mountain Air carbon filter attached on the intake end to provide some protection against fungi or bacteria etc. from entering the tent.

Extraction – via a 6 inch (15 cm), 280 cfm (475 M3/hr) CK™ inline fan with Mountain Air filter

Water, Nutrients & Additives:

Transplant: Botanicare™ ZHO (Rhizosphere root inoculant w/trichoderma & mycorrhizae)

Water & Nutrients: I use the full line of GHSC Powderfeed as a base nutrient then use additives which I feel help in specific ways and compliment the PF. Full strength additives are almost never used, and the plants main source of nutrition is the PF.

Vegetation - R/O (reverse osmosis) water + GHSC™ Mother’s Powderfeed as a base nutrient + Botanicare™ Cal-Mag Plus (required when using reverse osmosis water) + Advanced Nutrients B-52 + DNF™ Enhance (pine oil) + DNF Potassium Silicate

Flowering – R/O water + GHSC Short Flowering PF (El Nino); GHSC Hybrid PF (Trainwreck); GHSC Long Flowering PF (Super Lemon Hazes) + Cal-Mag Plus + Advanced Nutrients B-52 (during weeks 3 – 6 of flowering + DNF™ Enhance, Advanced Nutrients™ Overdrive, DNF™ Carbo Logic + Advanced Nutrients Sensizym + DNF Potassium Silicate

Boost Buddy CO2 boost bag – Trying this out instead of the CO2 pads as it is much cheaper and simpler, but I am doubtful as to how well it will perform.

18/10/13

@ 7:30 pm soaked beans: 2 x Super Lemon Haze, 2 x Trainwreck, 1 x El Nino

Water: Reverse Osmosis + a few drops of Cal-Mag Plus to enable measurement of pH

ppm = 140

pH’d to 6.1 w/toothpick and pH Down

19/10/13

@ 7:30 pm - Planted in 230 ppm/0.32 EC (r/o + cal-mag plus) soaked peat pellets @ 5.6 pH

Dome fully closed for maximum humidity, temperature @ 26.5°C

21/10/13

Added seedling CO2 pad

Leaving the light on to add heat until 1st baby sprouts then I will set the timer.

@7:30 pm – 48 hours after planting 1 slh & 1 TW have sprouted

22/10/13

Woke this morning to find the 2nd SLH sprouted fully; waiting on the 2nd TW and the EL Nino.

Watering the ‘unborn’ peat pellets when necessary with 0.17 EC, pH 5.6 r/o water achieved via a little bit of Cal-Mag plus.

- @ 7:30 pm:  72 hrs after planting the El Nino baby is born! 4/5 sprouted.

- Watering the seedlings with r/o water + Cal-mag plus @ 250 ppm /0.35 EC, pH @ 5.5

Temp = 25.5 – 26.5 w/lights on  

rH = 50 %

23/10/13

The2nd Trainwreck baby sort of sprouted, grew a tiny taproot but was not healthy and would not open so in the garbage she goes and RIP.

Soaking a 2nd El Nino seed for 6 hrs then going to try planting in a rockwool starter cube this time that I got off a buddy to try instead of the usual peat pellets. I’ve had good success with the peat pellets with only 2 or 3 seeds lost out of 29 (if I’m counting correctly) but have read negative things about them in numerous places and I would like to try some new ideas.

Soaked rockwool cube in r/o water adjusted to 0.35 EC/245 ppm w/Cal Mag Plus, pH @ 5.6 & planted El Nino seed after a 7 hour soak.

24/10/13

Lights on enviro: Temp = 25°C    rH = 40 – 45%

I’ve been reading multiple places that say you don’t need any higher than 55% max to veg weed, but rH has been a little too low. I’m trying out a smaller ultrasonic style humidifier that is having a hard time keeping up, since I’ve had to return the large wick-style one I keep using twice and it’s screwed up again so this would be 3 units. They don’t handle being close to heat sources (ie. portable heaters) very well.

26/10/13 – 4th day since sprouting

***NOTE  TO SELF FOR NEXT GROW!! THIS IS AROUND WHERE I SHOULD HAVE STARTED VERY LIGHTLY WITH THE POWDERFEED TO ADD SOME PHOSPHOROUS AND OTHER BENEFICIAL NUTES – ONCE MULTIPLE ROOTS SHOWED

The 2 SLH, 1 Trainwreck, 1 El nino  babies all are looking very healthy with multiple root tips already showing through the bottom of the pellets

Mixed new feed water:

r/o water + Cal Mag plus + pH down

300 ppm (0.42 EC) & pH @ 5.6

Lights on temp. = 25 - 26°C           rH = 45 - 50%

Lights off temp. = 22°C                  rH = 55%

27/10/13

Some light coloured spots developing on the 1st true leaves of the Trainwreck and the SLH#2, hopefully nothing serious.

Hung and opened the Boost Buddy CO2 bag above the plants. I will see how well it works compared to the pads.

28/10/13

- The 2nd El Nino has sprouted!

29/10/13 – 7 days since sprouting

TRANSPLANT – Both SLH, 1 x TW & 1 x El Nino transplanted

Step 1 – Soaked Grodan™ rockwool Growcubes (smaller ones for 3.5 L pot) for 30 mins in r/o water +

Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 7 L = 7 mL                                          ppm 280

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.75 mL/L x 7 L = 5 mL                    ppm 60

GHSC Mother’s PF @ 0.1 g/L x 7 L = 0.7 g                                  ppm 120

pH:  5.6                                                                                Total:    ppm 460

Step 2 – Soaked Hydrotron clay pellets in r/o water + nutes for 15 minutes and agitated a few times to wash thoroughly and clean sediment from pellets then drained

Cal Mag Plus @ 0.75 mL/L x 6 L = 6 mL                    (EC 0.3) ppm 220

pH: 5.6                                                                  Total   (EC: 0.3)

Step 3 – Added dry Pro-mix HP and mixed 50/50 with Grodan rockwool Growcubes, watered to drain with:

Cal-Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL      (EC 0.40) ppm 270

DNF Enhance pine oil @ 0.5 mL/L x 10 L = 5 mL (EC: 0.03) 20 ppm

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.5 mL/L x 10 L = 5 mL (EC 0.08) 50 ppm

GHSC Mother’s @ 0.15 g/L x 10 L = 1.5 g                  160 ppm

pH @ 5.6              Total ppm: 500                  Temp: 21 °C

Step 4- Lined the bottom of the 3.5 L pots with a double layer of Hydrotron pellets

Step 5 - Filled the pots with soiless /growcube mix leaving room for the peat pellet/seedling and a top layer of hydrotron

Step 6 - Sprinkled ¼ tsp as per directions of Botannicare ZHO root inoculant (mychorrizae, trichoderma, amino acid) in circular area where seedling was to be placed

Step 7 – Cut mesh from top of peat pellets and rolled down ¼ of the way down the pellet so water penetrates and reaches root ball. Step 8 - Placed pellet in pot on top of sprinkled ZHO and filled in with Promix/growcube mix then topped with light layer of hydrotron

Step 9 – Watered around pellet with same nutrient mix as Pro-mix wetting Step #3

**used about 70/30 mix of rockwool cubes to soiless this time.

Added 2nd LED with T5’s hanging vertically as side lighting.

The spots on the two seedlings continue to spread a little. They have lots of roots so I’m hoping they just wanted a bigger home and that the transplant helps them

30/10/13

El nino #2 is looking great in the rockwool cube, taproot is showing through the bottom of the cube.

The plants already look like they love the transplant with the SLH#1 and EL Nino both reaching high for the leaves and both showing excellent growth. The new leaves on the 2 “spotted” plants look great and they also show decent growth overnight.

Mixed water for El nino seedling: r/o water + Cal-Mag Plus + pH down

Ppm = 300

pH = 5.6

Temp = 20

** Note: El nino seedling water got higher ppm than the others, @ 300 ppm it’s the same as my tap water but with a different form of Calcium and Magnesium than in tap water, one much more available to the plants.

02/11/13 – Main group @ Day 11 since sprout

The spotted SLH#2 is coming around the best out of the two strugglers, but the spotted TW is still smallish and struggling the most. With less healthy leaf tissue to photosynthesize I think it is holding it back. The good news is that new growth is healthy with the 2nd set of true leaves looking good, she is just on the small side for now.

03/11/2013 – El Nino is 6 days old

The SLH#1 and EL Nino #1 are both thriving in their new pots and are quite large compared to the other 2, but even they even have a tiny bit of spotting on the leaf fringes. I think I might have ideas about what could have caused the problems:

1. By day 4 I should have added a tiny bit of Mothers PF and lowered the Cal-Mag a little to add phosphorous etc. – MOST LIKELY the CAUSE AND NEED TO REMEMBER FOR NEXT GROW!!
  2. The rH was too low causing issues with uptake of calcium and magnesium
  3. MY LAZYNESS – I was mixing water and using it 48 hours later, maybe even 72 hrs once. And although it is only Cal-Mag Plus, it is best to mix fresh water every watering, at least every 24 hours. Being seedlings they deserve better treatment than adult plants and I would never premix water like that as the nutrient ions could possibly come out of solution after a certain period. I won’t do this again.
  4. Cleanliness and sterilization – nothing big, again lazy/busy in this area ie. hand washing, cleaning AND sterilizing tools etc. Things you take for granted until something goes wrong.

It’s been 3 days since the main taproot showed through the bottom of the el nino rockwool cube and shes very healthy but still no other roots. I would like to see a few more poke through before I transplant them. After some reading, I should be letting the cube dry out a little more before I water it, and she is super green so no more than 220 - 250 ppm is probably good since rockwool pretty much gives up all the food to the roots with its excellent cat ion exchange properties **ALSO SEE BELOW UNDER “DISSAPOINTED IN MYSELF”

** DISSAPOINTED IN MYSELF –  I forgot one of the bigger things that I learned last grow L: I  noticed now that last grow the PF was started very lightly by the 4th day of growth with the Big Bang plant and I was trying to model the feedings in this grow somewhat around it..damn L The PF has phosphorous, Cal Mag plus has none.

I’ve started the El Nino #2 on light PF as of today at 6 days, I hope it helps. This could be reason for the spots and issues with the 4 main seedlings before I transplanted as well, and I ‘m also noticing a bit of bluish colour which could be phosphorous deficiency. I’m staying calm, carrying on and hoping for the best.

LOTS OF LESSONS TO BE LEARNED AND REMEMBERED AND I’M FEELING VERY MUCH LIKE A NEWB RIGHT NOW! Sometimes it is good to remember you still have lots to learn BUT I should have taken more time to look over my notes from my last regular photo grow if I’m gonna take the time to keep them L

Mixed up 500 mL new water for El Nino – now 6 days old:

Cal – mag Plus to ppm = 220

GHSC Mother’s PF @ ppm = 80

pH = 5.5                Temperature = 20 °C

Lights on temp. = 25 - 26°C           rH = 45 - 50% -   it was around 55% for a couple of days but it’s very                                                                                                         dry outside again.

Lights off temp. = 23°C                  rH = 55%

04/11/2013 – El Nino#2 is 7 days old – transplant time

The El nino baby has nice fuzzy multiple roots now coming out the bottom of the cube and it’s time to put her in a 3.5 L pot. I’ve again made a few slight changes to the nutrients used at this step with slightly more Powderfeed going into step #3.

Step 1 – Soaked Grodan™ rockwool Growcubes (smaller ones for 3.5 L pot) for 30 mins in r/o water +

Cal Mag Plus @ 0.9 mL/L x 2 L = 1.8 mL                                                   ppm 240

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.5 mL/L x 2 L = 1 mL                             ppm 40

GHSC Mother’s PF @ 0.15 g/L x 2 L = 0.35 g                                          ppm 180

pH:  5.6                                Temp: 20                                              Total    ppm 460

Step 2 – Soaked Hydrotron clay pellets in r/o water + nutes for 15 minutes and agitated a few times to wash thoroughly and clean sediment from pellets then drained

Cal Mag Plus @ 0.75 mL/L x 6 L = 6 mL                                                ppm 220

pH: 5.6                                                                                                  Total: ppm 220

Step 3 – Added dry Pro-mix HP and mixed 50/50 with Grodan rockwool Growcubes, watered to drain with:

Cal-Mag Plus @ 0.9 mL/L x 2 L = 1.8 mL                                                   240 ppm

DNF Enhance pine oil @ 1 mL/L x 2 L = 2 mL                                          30 ppm

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.5 mL/L x 2 L = 1 mL                              50 ppm

GHSC Mother’s @ 0.15 g/L x 2 L = 0.3 g                                                  200 ppm

pH @ 5.6              Total ppm: **520             Temp: 21 °C

** used a little too much PF, diluted to 470 ppm with r/o

**Bad newsgonna be one of those crops :PWhile transplanting the El nino#2 I noticed the smell of the ProMix was more musty than normal, and there was a bit of moisture it seemed between the outside of the bale and the package, the area that was already opened looked ok so I went ahead with it. Keep in mind this is the bale I opened about 4 or 5 months ago but I didn’t use much of it (maybe 10 L out of 109 L) and thought it would be ok to store and use but I decided  it would be best to throw it out and purchase new Promix after the transplant. $32.99 isn’t worth a ruined crop.

When I took it outside and cut open the entire bale to spread it out I noticed mildew or mold growing on the compacted outside of the bale L So, I basically transplanted the 5 plants into compromised Pro-Mix. Very shitty and I can only hope that the entire bale isn’t full of it. My second hope is that I used Botanicare ZHO mychorrhizae /trichoderma root inoculant at transplant and that this stuff beats out any nasty fungus that might be present. They will all get another dose in about 1.5 weeks at next transplant, as well as new Pro-Mix HP + Grow chunks.

I’m also going to foliar spray the leaves with the DNF Enhance pine oil additive at half the recommended strength for foliar to start. It is specifically used to fight pathogens in the plant tissue and is supposed to be good for seedlings even.

Misted the plants at lights on with/

Reverse osmosis water +

DNF Enhance pine oil @ 0.7 mL/L x 1 L = 0.7 mL  

pH = 6.8                                Temp. = 21                          ppm = too low to read

*Raised the LEDs up to 60 cm until the leaves were dry

Added 3rd LED and set up the 2 T5 Sunblasters vertically on either side of the LEDS, also angled the outer LEDs slightly towards the centre.

06/11/13 – Main group of 4 plants are 15 days old

Today is the 1st water since transplanting  the main group 8 days ago.

Watered  Trainwreck, El Nino#1, SLH#1 & #2  each w/ 1 L  r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 0.9 mL/L x 4 L = 3.5 mL            ppm: 260

DNF Enhance pine oil @ 1 mL/L x 4 L = 4 mL                         ppm: 40

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.5 mL/L x 4 L = 2 mL             ppm: 50

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.25 g/L x 4 L = 1 g             ppm: 260

Drops of Phosphoric acid (pH down)

Temperature: 20°C           pH: 5.6                                                 Total ppm: 610

Plant                                     Run-off pH         Run-off ppm

SLH#1                                    6.2                          950

SLH#2                                    6.3                          930

El Nino#1                             6.3                          950

Trainwreck                          6.4                          950

07/11/13

There hasn’ a lot of growth up top from El nino #2 since the transplant. I’m concerned that either it was transplanted a little too soon and there weren’t quite enough roots, or that the soiless peat surrounding the rockwool cube is wicking the moisture away from the rockwool cube and root ball which from what I’ve read is a common problem when transplanting from rockwool to soil or soiless.

Watered rockwool cube of El Nino#2 w/ r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 0.9 mL/L x 500 mL = 0.45 mL                  ppm: 260

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 500 mL = 0.5 mL                      ppm: 100

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.15 g/L x 500 mL = 0.075 g            ppm: 40

Temperature: 20°C           pH: 5.6                                                                 Total ppm: 400

FIM’d SLH#1 @ 5th node: She is getting tall quickly, and the El Nino is staying short and squat true to her genetics. I figure it’s time to try some new tricks and control the SLH height at the same time. I may or may not FIM SLH#2 depending on how she does. She is a little behind her sister due to her struggles at the beginning with the spots.

Lights on temp. = 25 - 27°C           rH = 50% - 55% 

10/11/13 – 21 days old

Last night the 600W cool tube was installed and was set at 80 cm above the plants. It was lowered to 70 cm today and they seemed to respond well last overnight. The T5’s are being used horizontally right now as side lighting to help the lateral branching develop under the big fans. The LEDS will be added soon as well.

Damn cat snuck downstairs and into the tent while doing the light install, I turned around and there he was having already taken a big bite outta two SLH#2 leaves L Every single crop he manages to get a taste somehow :P I’ve at least positioned the T5’s to take advantage of the leaves not shading as much of the lateral growth.

I learned a hard lesson about transplanting seedlings too early from a rockwool cube into soilless. The little El nino was doing absolutely nothing and I tossed her out a few days ago. She didn’t have enough roots coming through the cube and the few that did started to rot. SO it will be a 4 plant grow it looks like.

I was looking at rapid rooters at the hydro store and may try them next. The owner has had amazing results he says and they can be transplanted into soiless without worrying about water being wicked from them.

Watered  El Nino, SLH#1 each w/ 1.5 L r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.25 mL/L x 3 L = 3.75 mL        ppm: 300

DNF Enhance pine oil @ 1 mL/L x 3 L = 3 mL                         ppm: 30

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.75 mL/L x 3 L = 2.25 mL      ppm: 80

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.45 g/L x 3L = 1.3 g            ppm: 340

Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 3L = 0.4 mL                      ppm: 20

Temperature: 20°C           pH: 5.7                                                 Total ppm: 770

SLH#1                                    6.2                          1000

El Nino                                  6.2                          1010

11/11/13

Watered  Trainwreck & SLH#2 each w/ 2 L r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 4 L = 4 mL                    ppm: 290

DNF Enhance pine oil @ 1 mL/L x 4 L = 4 mL                         ppm: 40

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.75 mL/L x 4 L = 3 mL            ppm: 70

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.4 g/L x 4L = 1.5 g              ppm: 340

Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 4L = 0.5 mL                      ppm: 20

Temperature: 21°C           pH: 5.5                                                 Total ppm: 760

SLH#2                                    6.3                          970

Trainwreck                          6.2                          1010

pH has really been rising, rH also has been down to around 45%, I need to get the bigger humidifier working, hopefully it just needs a new wick.

TW & SLH#2 still are not anywhere near as robust as the El Nino and SLH#1 plants. It almost looks like overfert with leaves curling under a little and a dry paper feeling, but run-off numbers aren’t that high,  so possibly the pH rising with the Pro  Mix gone bad. After some reading I now also know that when the Pro-Mix got damp, it activated the lime which is part of the reason the pH is climbing so rapidly. I will see how they do over the next couple days after this feed, hopefully transplanting them later in the week will help.

12/11/2013

Now that the plants have had 2 days of HID light, 2 of the LED’s were added.

13/11/2013 – 24 days old

Two days since last water for TW and SLH#2 and they look much improved.

With the addition of the 2 LEDS all plants were nice and erect with leaves reaching for the lights. I’ve witnessed this every grow now with the LEDS, it is amazing the response they create in the plants.

Lights on temp. = 26 - 27°C     **rH = 40-45%       

** still battling low rH with the lights on. I would be happy if I could get it up to 50% lights on. Once the plants get a bit bigger and I close up the tent I’m hoping the rH rises a little. By the time I get a new wick for the big humidifier I will want the rH to be 40% J

Watered El Nino, SLH#1 each w/ 2 L r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 0.75 mL/L x 4 L = 3 mL              ppm: 230

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L 4 L = 4 mL                     ppm: 100

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.25 g/L x 4L = 1 g               ppm: 280

Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 4L = 0.6 mL                      ppm: 40

Temperature: 20°C           pH: 5.7                                                 Total ppm: 650

SLH#1                                    6.2                          860                        

El Nino                                  6.2                          870

14/11/2013 – 25 days old – Transplant time

Step 1 – Soaked Grodan™ rockwool Growchunks (BIGGER THAN GROWCUBES) for 30 mins in r/o water + (made in 2 x 17 L batches)

Cal Mag Plus @ 1.25 mL/L x 17 L = 19 mL                                                    ppm: 310

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 15 L = 15 mL                                      ppm: 100

GHSC Mother’s PF @ 0.4 g/L x 15 L = 6 g                                                     ppm: 350

Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 15 L = 1.875 mL                               ppm: 40

pH @ 5.5                     Temp: 22                                                           Total ppm: 800

Step 2  – Mixed in the dry Pro-mix HP, 50/50 ratio with the pre-soaked Growchunks

Step 3 - Lined the bottom of the 23 L pots with a nice layer of Hydrotron clay pellets

Step 4 - Filled the pots with soiless /Growchunk mix leaving room for plants and a layer of Hydrotron on the bottom and watered to drain with r/o water +

Cal-Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 12 L = 12 mL                                             ppm: 280       

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.75 mL/L x 12L = 9 mL                                    ppm: 70

DNF Enhance @ 1 mL/L x 12 L = 12 mL                                             ppm: 40

GHSC Mother’s PF @ 0.25 g/L x 12 L = 3 g                                        ppm: 260

pH @ 5.5                     Temp: 21                                               Total ppm:  640

Step 5 - Sprinkled ¼ tsp as per directions of Botannicare ZHO root inoculant (mychorrizae, trichoderma, amino acid) on the root ball and the circular area where plant was to be placed

Step 6 - Placed plant in pot on top of sprinkled ZHO and filled in with Promix/growcube mix then topped with layer of hydrotron

Step 7 – Watered around plant root ball with same nutrient mix formula from Step 4.

Root ball was best formed and super healthy in the El Nino, then came the SLH#1, SLH#2, and the Trainwreck last with some decent roots formed still. They were definitely not root bound, but I think in the future I can still pot up to the 23L a little sooner even if they are healthy.

Added the other 2 LED’s for a total of 4. One for each plant, they’re gonna need all the help they can get this grow.

The addition of the large pots has added a little bit of much needed humidity to the room with the rH staying @ 49-51%

It looks like my first attempt at FIM’ing on the SLH#1 was a total fail. It looks like I cut too much of the 4th node as well which served to slow down the growth of those leaves, and I didn’t cut enough of the 5th node to produce the proper hormone response to get multiple shoots. So at least it was a learning experience, and in the end it served its purpose of slowing the upper growth of the SLH#1 to keep it manageable and allow the others to catch up, and it allowed lateral growth to increase and all is not lost. By the time they get switched to flowering she will be recovered.

FOR ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY MADE IT HERE READING AND IS STILL AWAKE..CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO LIGHT UP A FATTY!!

post-14382-0-15422700-1384737460.jpg

post-14382-0-40080200-1384737485.jpg

post-14382-0-51690600-1384737486.jpg

post-14382-0-38715700-1384737487.jpg

post-14382-0-17630900-1384737488.jpg

post-14382-0-90608100-1384737488.jpg

• Like 3

grea to see you going for another run man! As usual and like you said, lots of details for those searching it it's a gold mine man ;)

I hope you will catch up on all those little mistake you talked about and FIFTFIM (Fuck i fucked the Fuck i missed :P :P )   but they don't look too bad and i'm sure you will get those them straight and running ;)

Have a good grow man i'll be around to follow

• Like 1

Hey man,

To bad you last a few on the way. I see the 4 other ladies stay very green and healthy. U taking good care of them =D

Seeing how detailed u are in the grow journal, you've inspired me to do the same.

Goodluck in the future man !

Greetings Riina

Hi Riina, ya I hate losing plants/seeds, but it happens :(

The good thing about it is now the 4 remaining plants have lots of room to stretch out and make full use of the light. I've been doing lots of leaf tucking to promote lateral growth and the Super lemon haze#1 plant will get some LST soon with the lateral branches tied down to open up the middle and get more light to promote lower buds. 

I'm happy you like the details, I know there are lots of growers who grow top shelf buds without keeping so many notes like I do but for me it works since sometimes I forget what I ate for dinner the night before even!! :)

Thanks for the nice comments man and best of luck with your garden as well! :biggrin:   Peace

hi,

nice start , i follow it !!!  the slh is one of my favor,I have to wait to see that your work is given !!!

PEACE

Hi miminexus,

Ya I love the SLH, it's one of my favorites in the morning, better than coffee!! You are always more than welcome here ;) Thanks for commenting, I hope you are enjoying all of your harvests, you had 3 really awesome grows in a row  :fan: :)

Peace

grea to see you going for another run man! As usual and like you said, lots of details for those searching it it's a gold mine man ;)

I hope you will catch up on all those little mistake you talked about and FIFTFIM (Fuck i fucked the Fuck i missed :P :P )   but they don't look too bad and i'm sure you will get those them straight and running ;)

Have a good grow man i'll be around to follow

Hi Dust,

I woulda started sooner but had to wait for basement repairs to be completed. Now that they are, no more worries of leaking water under the tent and mold!! :) :)

"FIFTFIM"... :lol: ...I like that! Ya I know what I did wrong, and in the end just deformed some leaves and slowed down vertical growth, kinda a funny learning experience. It helped though because now with that plus leaf tucking the laterals have really taken off and we should see a pretty cool looking plant in flower I think. 

The growth has seriously exploded since I took the pictures. They really have appreciated moving into the bigger pots with good Pro-mix (with no fungus!..man oh man was I upset lol) plus a good dose of nutrients. In fact, I now also have learned the importance of checking the manufacture date on Pro Mix because they pre-charge it with nutrients and the closer to the date of manufacture, the more nutrient charge & miccorhizae remain. Long story short, this Pro Mix was only 2 months old and I gave them a fairly conservative dose of nutes (a little less than past crops even) but they still are showing very slight signs of over fertilization :P Not as serious as nute burn, but I can see the signs, so next water will be a decent flush of just hard water which is fine because they will be started onto flowering after that water anyways.

Thanks for always bein there/here Dust!! :biggrin:  :ok:

• Like 1

Sorry for the lack of an update..life is a little too damn hectic right now. Here's a quick peek at em though, they are 37 days old now from seed, and have improved quite a bit. They'll go into flowering by the weekend. I will do a proper update soon, but for now will say that as of tonight the 600W bulb is attached to a new 600W dimmable Digital Ballast (used to have an old-school magnetic core on) and damn she is noticeably brighter (used to be able to look at the bulb briefly with old one without sunglasses, new one hurts eyes instantly..that's my test lol) and will keep the grow level cooler, the old one got HOT!! AND the Trainwreck plant got mixed up with one of the Super Lemon Hazes sometime between seed soak and the time they got transplanted into the 3.5 L pots at 1 week old LOL. 

The huge plant in the front right of the group is the plant that I originally thought was a SLH, and it's actually the Trainwreck with it's broader leaves and bushier structure.The short stocky plant in the back left corner with the massive broad fans is the El Nino, and the other two kitty corner to each other with IDENTICAL thin fan leaves, not joining before the petiole, and identical structure and issues (again..how I mixed em up..who knows :P..it got more and more obvious as they grew though) are the SLH's. 

A couple pics of the plants and the comparison of ballasts, proper update on the weekend, hope everyone is irie!!

Peace

post-14382-0-16321900-1385510265.jpg

post-14382-0-31924100-1385510285.jpg

post-14382-0-52820100-1385510302.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Dust, the Powderfeed and being in the new pots with good soil-less has really brought them around despite the shitty start ;) Plus the stretch has really begun and a huge growth spurt is happening. The El Nino has such a different structure than what I've experienced so far growing. She is very reserved and shy lol..likes to stay bushy and tight and compact, and those big fans are crazy. It is just starting to stretch out now with the light change and man her stem is huge as well.

I can call it a "her" because they just totally blew my mind a few minutes ago when a close inspection found pistils growing clearly on the El Nino and the Super Lemon Haze #2 plant only 3 days after switching them to 12/12!! I guess since I vegged em for 5 weeks they were ready to flower as soon as I was :) 

I will try and get some more pics and a full update tomorrow with all the usual blah blah blah details ;) Got a new camera on a decent sale, but it doesn't do macros quite as good as I like so I'm  bringing it back and have my eye on one that definitely does macros and that I think may find it's way under the tree lol.

Peace

• Like 1

Hi Blackchimney, thanks for stopping by and the nice comments. Ya I scrogged 2 SLH's with 2 Trainwrecks for the Indoor cup and loved the results of the SLH, an incredible strain to get going in the morning. I gave em a bit of a rough start but they are coming round.

I haven't grown or even tried the El Nino yet, I got a free pack of 5 seeds from GH when I bought my 5 pack of Big Bang auto. It is definitely indica dominant, so stocky and bushy.

Peace

I grew El nino before but can't pass any judgement as most of it got destroyed by mould due to my neglect Plus my growing environment wasn't the best at the time either. But it sure did seem to have potential so maybe it can turn out to be a good smoke.

Ah man, I hate mould or any parasitic fungus, had some my first grow when water got under my tent it hit 2 plants outta 4. It's insane how the giant fans shield the later branching, and instead of the lateral branching shooting out well..laterally..the big thick branches grow straight up beside the mainstock in search of light! It's crazy, it is just now starting to open up with the stretch. She looked like she was going to be one giant thick cola for awhile. I'll let ya know how she smokes for sure!

Peace

Hello all, I just realized it's almost been 3 weeks since a proper update, again my apologies, I've been keeping notes but not taking many pictures. School has been way too intense to allow much time to be on the site unfortunately, but 1 more week then 3 weeks off and plenty of time to take pictures of buds !! :) 

I'm gonna first copy and paste all  the notes/data from my own journal for the number nerds like myself, then in the next post will be the pictures which were taken 3 days ago and with the stretch just coming on strong now there has been a huge amount of growth. With the ZHO having done a good job colonizing the root zone and the medium giving the nutes up so easily it looks like I am going to really have to watch overfeeding. After some more research about mycorrhizae it seems that plants really do need a lot less nutrients when the root zone is colonized by mycorrhizal bacteria.

So here's a crap load of data for the past 3 weeks..PICTURES NEXT POST :)

Peace ;)

21/11/13 – 32 days from seed – 7 days since transplant and last water

The strongest plant, the SLH#1 is quite a bit lighter than the other 3 today and will get a very light feed with lots of run-off. The Pro Mix was fairly new and “hotter” with nutes than I thought and the plants are extremely green with slight signs of over-fertilization – some tips of fans turning slightly to either direction, a few light coloured tips, and a few leaves turning under slightly. This light feed with extra runoff will flush some extra nutes out and after letting them dry out and get nice and hungry I will give them a nice dose of flowering nutes and switch them to 12/12.

Watered SLH#1 w/6 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus (required w/ r/o water) @ 1.25 mL/L x 6 L = 7.5 mL      ppm: 320

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 6 L = 6 mL                   ppm: 100

DNF Enhance @ 0.75 mL/L x 6 L = 4.5 mL                             ppm: 20

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 6 L = 0.6 g                          ppm: 100

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 6 L = 0.75 mL          ppm: 20

pH: 5.6            Temperature: 20°C                Total ppm: 560

Watered SLH#1 w/4 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 4 L = 4 mL      ppm: 280

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 4 L = 4 mL                   ppm: 90

DNF Enhance @ 0.75 mL/L x 4 L = 3 mL                                ppm: 20

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 4 L = 0.4 g                          ppm: 110

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.2 mL/L x 4 L = 0.8 mL                ppm: 40

pH: 5.6            Temperature: 19°C                Total ppm: 560

SLH#1                                    6.2                          1300

Had to mix up another 4 L of nutrients for the SLH for a total of 10 L because there was almost no runoff after the initial 6 L. This is significant since at full flower in the 23 L pots past plants have only needed 8 – 8.5 L with plenty of runoff. I’m thinking/hoping there is a very healthy root mass down there sucking up lots of water and keeping it from draining through.

22/11/2013

Watered the El Nino, Trainwreck, and SLH#2 plants each w/10 L R/O water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.25 mL/L x 15 L = 18 mL          ppm: 320

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 15 L = 15 mL               ppm: 70

DNF Enhance @ 0.75 mL/L x 15 L = 12 mL                            ppm: 20

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.1 g/L x 15 L = 1.5 g                        ppm: 110

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 15 L = 1.9 mL          ppm: 30

pH: 5.6            Temperature: 20°C                            Total ppm: 550

SLH#2                                    6.2                          1300

Trainwreck                          6.3                          1150

El Nino                                  6.2                          1230

25/11/13 – 36 days from seed

The smaller SLH#2 plant, and the (supposed) Trainwreck plant look an awful lot alike, like almost exactly alike. And the large SLH#1 plant has much broader leaves like a hybrid or indica than a sativa and is 2 x the height of the rest. I’m starting to think that I may have somehow mixed up the seeds at soaking time, or sometime LOL! And while I still have 1 Trainwreck, and 2 SLH plants I don’t think they are the ones I thought.

Watered Trainwreck #1 (formerly SLH#1) w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.0 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL            ppm: 280

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL               ppm: 80

DNF Enhance @ 0.75 mL/L x 10 L = 7.5 mL                           ppm: 30

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.55 g/L x 10 L = 5.5 g          ppm: 510

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 10 L = 1 mL                 ppm: 20

pH: 5.6            Temperature: 19°C                                Total ppm: 920

Trainwreck                                          6.2                          1230      

27/11/2013 - 38 days from seed & 5.5 weeks of vegetation

Switched lights to 12/12.

28/11/13

Watered SLH #1 w/9 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 9 L = 9 mL                   ppm: 270

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 9 L = 9 mL                   ppm: 60

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.45 g/L x 9 L = 4 g                    ppm: 420

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 9 L = 0.9 mL                ppm: 30

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 780

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm out – ppm in)

SLH#1                          6.3                   980                              200

29/11/2013 – 40 days from seed

Watered SLH#2 w/9 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 9 L = 9 mL                   ppm: 290

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 9 L = 9 mL                   ppm: 80

Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 1 mL/L x 9 L = 9 mL           ppm: 10                     

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.4 g/L x 9 L = 3.6 g                   ppm: 330

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 9 L = 0.9 mL                ppm: 30

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 740 (EC =

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm in – ppm out)

SLH#2                          6.2                   1130                            * 390 (too high)

* going to have to take it REALLY easy with this little one – run-off is still too high – run 500 ppm through next water

Watered El Nino w/9 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.25 mL/L x 9 L = 11.25 mL       ppm: 340

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 9 L = 9 mL                   ppm: 80

GHSC Indica Powderfeed @ 0.55 g/L x 9 L = 5 g                    ppm: 490

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 9 L = 0.9 mL                ppm: 20

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 950

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff (ppm in – ppm out)

El Nino                         6.2                   1100                            *150

* raise ppm in – seeing some rust coloured spots (wants more magnesium maybe?) that to me if the runoff is this low could mean they want a little more food.

Watered Trainwreck #1 (formerly SLH#1) w/9 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.25 mL/L x 9 L = 9 mL              ppm: 320

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1 mL/L x 9 L = 9 mL                   ppm: 80

GHSC Hybrid  Powderfeed @ 0.6 g/L x 9 L = 5.5 g                 ppm: 520

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 9 L = 0.9 mL                ppm: 20

pH: 5.8            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 950

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff (ppm in – ppm out)

Trainwreck                  6.2                   1280                            330

30/11/13

Only 3 days after the switch to 12/12 the El Nino and SLH#2 plants both are clearly showing pistils and are female. I think maybe since they were 5 weeks old at the start of flowering that they were ready to go when I was.

Lights on temp. = 25 - 26 °C               rH = 45-50%   

Lights off temp. = 21°C                       rH = 50 - 55%

600W height : 50 – 55 cm from plant tops depending on the plant

LED Heights – 40 cm from plant tops

I’ve been relying on the principal of Vapor Pressure Deficit  as a sort of guide for setting temperature. Wikipedia defines as “Vapour Pressure Deficit, or VPD, is the difference (deficit) between the amount of moisture in the air and how much moisture the air can hold when it is saturated.” It takes into account the temperature and the rH to determine proper growth. This means that because the rH has been so low, the temperature should be lower than the ideal 26-27. Ideally it should probably be no higher than 25 degrees with the rH around 40 – 45%.  Again, still need to fix the larger humidifier for the next grow. At least the increased transpiration from the plants growing bigger is starting to bring the rH up a little with the lights on.

01/12/13 – 42 day from seed

Took some pictures with just the LEDS and then with both on.

One of the LED panels already has an entire strip of LED’s burnt out. They are less than a year old, I’m going to have to take it back to the hydro shop.

The El Nino has 14 finger fan leaves now! What is really cool is that the 14th finger is upwards towards the main fingers out of the opposite side of the petiole that you would expect! She’s a mutant and I love her lol. The set of fans below also shows the phenomenon with an even 12 leaves and the same upwards pointing last finger.

Broke off an 11 finger fan leaf from the El Nino while trying to tuck it to allow the lateral branching to stretch out. Oh well, now there’s lots of light to that area :P

03/12/13

Light feed Trainwreck #1 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1.25 mL/L x 10 L = 12.5 mL       ppm: 320

Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 1 mL/L x 10  L = 10 mL      ppm: 10

DNF Enhance @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL                                 ppm: 20

DNF Carbo Logic @ 0.2 g/L x 10 L = 2 g      

GHSC Hybrid  Powderfeed @ 0.27 g/L x 9 L = 2.7 g                           ppm: 270

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 10 L = 1.0 mL              ppm: 20

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 620

Trainwreck                                6.1                   1020                            400

Light feed of SLH #1 w/10 liters r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL               ppm: 260

Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL       ppm: 10

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.15 g/L x 10 L = 1.5 g                           ppm: 170

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 10 L = 1.25 mL        ppm: 20

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 470

Plant                                       Run-off pH      Run-off ppm               Diff. (ppm out – ppm in)

SLH#1                                       6.2                   760                              310

04/12/13

Light feed  of El Nino #1 w/10 liters r/o water +

DNF Enhance @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL                                 ppm: 20

GHSC Indica Powderfeed @ 0.2 g/L x 10 L = 2 g                    ppm: 210

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.1 mL/L x 10 L = 1 mL                 ppm: 20

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 520

El Nino                                         6.3                   900                              420

Light feed of SLH #2 w/10 liters r/o water +

GHSC Sativa Powderfeed @ 0.15 g/L x 10 L = 1.5 g                           ppm: 150

DNF Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 10 L = 1.25 mL        ppm: 20

pH: 6.0            Temperature: 20°C                                Total ppm: 460

SLH#2                          6.2                   940                              480

OK here are the pictures taken 3 days ago, please scroll over them for the names of the plants.

They were shot as the lights came on; the LEDs come on about 5 minutes before the 600W does and I thought it would be cool to get contrasting pictures. Have a look at the crazy even fingered fan leaves with the last leaf finger coming out of the petiole like a big  :fuck:  :sarcastic: . Has anyone ever had this deformity?

2 of them showed pistils after 3 days, and the other 2 declared female sex by yesterday, within 6 days. So far no buds to really shoot close ups of. Those will come when the new camera comes in the mail..if I'm allowed to play with it before Christmas day! :)

Peace 

post-14382-0-38164700-1386210294.jpg

post-14382-0-42059100-1386210298.jpg

post-14382-0-71307400-1386210299.jpg

post-14382-0-47444200-1386210384.jpg

post-14382-0-32520600-1386210385.jpg

post-14382-0-71174800-1386210386.jpg

post-14382-0-08370500-1386210388.jpg

post-14382-0-91793400-1386210388.jpg

post-14382-0-96521500-1386210399.jpg

post-14382-0-11868500-1386210401.jpg

post-14382-0-17683300-1386210402.jpg

post-14382-0-39840200-1386210403.jpg

• Like 1

look at those ladies :) They are grown up girls now kinky you , you kept them hidden from us hoping nobody will see them and ask them in wedding!! well you Failed! :P :P :P  I'm gonna go for the small Trainwreck love her shape and she looks happy and smiling like me ;)

The other girls do look good too more seriously, i think they would have enjoyed a little flush in the middle of that Veg cycle and with all those products you give them, it's probably the reason why i seem to see some leaves showing little unhapiness on a few pics, but nothing bad and i'm sure you saw it long ago and already are working on it ;)

Have a good grow man thanks for the pics and news!

• Like 1

Haha believe me Dust it was not my intention to hide them, you know I share my ladies lol :)

The smaller smiling Trainwreck that you like so much is  is actually the El Nino, it's ok, I'm sure she will forgive you! I've attached a picture of her for you from 4 days ago that I thought I'd posted, and a picture just taken tonight of the group to show how much growth has occurred in 4 days since the last pictures although it is difficult to see much of them with the big Trainwreck in the front right!

Thanks for the advice about a little mid veg flush bro, I still am feeding them more than they need ;) I know it seems like I'm using a lot of products but for the veg other than the Mothers PF which I never went over 0.45 g/L, I used Cal-Mag which as you know is necessary with reverse osmosis water, B-52 additive at no more than 1/2 strength, and Pine oil additive which has barely any strength registering barely any ppm/EC and it at less than half strength maximum. They also had a few really light feeds with only 0.1 - 0.2 g/L  powderfeed and low to no additives, BUT you are right, they could still have used a little less food and a decent rinse;) and you can see a few curling under SLH fans as a result and a few tips affected. Since the recent light feed of the SLH's at around 0.65 EC, and the now really big Trainwreck around 0.9 EC they have shown huge improvement, and before switching to flower I did do a really light feed with lots of run-off..but again, not enough it seems. My other excuse for not doing a mid veg flush is that with them going into the 23L pots I wanted maximum root growth and wanted to dry them out between waterings,  I thought maybe a flush might make them lazy just when I wanted roots to fill the pot, I may have been wrong here :P

Most of the additives I use don't add really add a lot in the way of "food" but instead add things like vitamins and seaweed extract with the B-52 - which is one that does supply some food. Or carbohydrates/sugars with the Carbo Logic, or enzymes with Sensizym, or environmental protection and a bit of added yield like the Enhance pine oil and potassium silicate. It may not seem like it with the long list of things I add sometimes but I try and let the Powderfeed do the bulk of the actual feeding as it does really have everything the plant needs as far as macro & micro nutrients and the additives are just a few extra things that I feel are added benefit.

One thing I have been wondering and maybe you or someone else can tell me..is there any, and if so how much calcium in the PF's? I don't see it on the list and as I said I need to use Cal Mag plus with the R/O water, but it is the second strongest thing I use next to the PF and it would be awesome if I could reduce the Cal-Mag plus and increase the PF in it's place.

Thanks again for stopping in brother!

Peace

post-14382-0-05363900-1386287687.jpg

post-14382-0-15782600-1386288184.jpg

• Like 1

Ahhh Dust..LOL thanks for straightening me out..I feel dumb..I should have realized that someone with an expert eye for strains like you would clearly know the difference between a trainwreck and an el nino and were being sarcastic when you said the "small Trainwreck"! Sorry Dust :P BUT I'm also sorry because she is also my favorite and I will not part with her ;)  She is very strong and eating like crazy and after giving her 10 L of water light nutes she was REALLY dry after only 48 hours and 2 lights on cycles. If I could have set something up I would have cloned her many times or turned her into a mother, she is I would guess a 1 in 50 plant, maybe better genetics even, I don't have enough experience to say :P

As for her shape I can't say it is natural..she's had some extra work lol..a little ganja plant cosmetic surgery of sorts but without the cutting :P Seeing she was turning into a beast and knowing there was room in the tent she was LST'd by tying down her lower to mid branches to spread her open and allow light to the many developing bud-sites. Now I have to decide which ones to keep, or to keep them all? It is crazy even the lower most bud-sites have surged upwards and are at the same level as budsites 2 and even 3 nodes up. I've taken a few sucker shoots off but for the most part as  long as they have space I may let most of them develop to full flower..just may need to use bamboo and some rope!

very interesting Mutation, the Center leaflet...

thanks for the pics

'sapean

Hi 'sapean! Thanks for checking things out. I agree it's pretty cool mutation, and it gets more interesting...had to take another couple pictures of her mutant fan leaves when I saw that this set of fans has TWO funky fingers sticking out from the petiole!! Thought you'd like it :)

Peace

post-14382-0-17033400-1386377863.jpg

post-14382-0-59927500-1386377864.jpg

• Like 2

I've seen that mutation on el nino plant's before i think it's from the widow as i have also seen it on GWS ! That is a lovely el nino specimen tho nice fat serrated leaves should make for some nice smoke. There is a seed bank in Toronto that still has an old pack of regular el nino seed's for 52$ or at least claim's to still have it i haven't physically seen the pack. i also i have found another seed bank online that say's they still have el nino and Hawaiian snow seed's ? i don't know if it's true tho the seed bank is called rhino seed's i have never ordered from them or anything tho here's the link.

http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/greenhouseseedsstandard.html

• Like 3

yes i think greeno is right i had this on the GWS too so probably coming from the El nino :)  and thanks for the kind words but i'm not that much an expert to recognize any strain just by looking at it :P :P well of course between nino and TW yeah but for the rest not that much sure :P  

Now excuse me i have to go take a lot of hard drugs and alcohol to forget the fact you don't want to give me her hand :alcoholic: :alcoholic:  hahaha ;)

• Like 1

I've seen that mutation on el nino plant's before i think it's from the widow as i have also seen it on GWS ! That is a lovely el nino specimen tho nice fat serrated leaves should make for some nice smoke. There is a seed bank in Toronto that still has an old pack of regular el nino seed's for 52$ or at least claim's to still have it i haven't physically seen the pack. i also i have found another seed bank online that say's they still have el nino and Hawaiian snow seed's ? i don't know if it's true tho the seed bank is called rhino seed's i have never ordered from them or anything tho here's the link.

http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/greenhouseseedsstandard.html

Thanks for the info Greeno, really cool to know bro! I was talking to a guy yesterday who owns the only seed store in town here and he said he's seen it too on the GWS and thinks it has to do with the Brazilian heritage that they both share. As you can see shes a super stocky pheno..not sure if there are others but I'm thinking it's gonna be some great evening smoke. This is the 1st true indica I've grown and I gotta be honest the lateral branches shooting straight up the big main stem instead of out had me wondering, but as you know of course this is normal. It's supposed to be a good outdoor plant apparently

Having some regular seeds to use for breeding would be cool if you had the space, it would be an interesting plant to cross. I've got 3 seeds still outta the freebie pack when I bought the BB auto seeds, I didn't know much or think much about it but now it's cool to have em.

yes i think greeno is right i had this on the GWS too so probably coming from the El nino :)  and thanks for the kind words but i'm not that much an expert to recognize any strain just by looking at it :P :P well of course between nino and TW yeah but for the rest not that much sure :P  

Now excuse me i have to go take a lot of hard drugs and alcohol to forget the fact you don't want to give me her hand :alcoholic: :alcoholic:  hahaha ;)

Thanks for the info as well Dust..ya but I think you're probably pretty good at recognizing GH strains though by now ;) I'm sorry you are taking it so hard Dust :P haha ..I promise to give you lots of bud porn very very soon..new camera is coming on Tuesday ;) And the buds are just starting now with lots of multiple pistils starting and the tops growing bud not leaves :)

Peace

• Like 1

Looking great Smokey ,wish I had blogged my current grow as hard work keeping up.which is doing what, half fems half auto . Will do from Jan with my new strain hunters beans. Keep up the great work , always looks great in your room

• Like 1

Looking great Smokey ,wish I had blogged my current grow as hard work keeping up.which is doing what, half fems half auto . Will do from Jan with my new strain hunters beans. Keep up the great work , always looks great in your room

Hi Gaz thanks for the nice comment  :) Man congrats on 5th place brother! Nevermind the controversy, it was well deserved and there are some on the site that I hope don't darken my journal with their negative vibes...ignore them and enjoy your prize ;) I will look for January's grow, I will be harvesting mine around the end of that month..i keep thinking of doing a mix of auto and regular but think I may stick to regular for awhile..not sure tho..change my mind often :P What strains do you have growing now?

Hello :) I'm not going to bore anyone with too many details about the grow (later post) but thought I would throw a few pictures up since things are moving along nicely. The close-ups are pf the Trainwreck main cola terminal bud only 13 days into 12/12 and already budding nicely, and the group shots show the Super Lemon hazes on the left, the El Nino in the front right, and the Trainwreck in the back right. The El Nino looks a little unhappy because she just had an 18 L mini flush run through her, tomorrow she will be happy to have the old nutes out!

Pics are still from the old camera..I'd mentioned a new one coming..it's here..under the tree :P lol..the wife (my better half of course!) decided since the new 600W digital ballast was an early Christmas gift the camera could wait until Christmas day. The one kind of macro that turned out decent is only because I finally figured out that the old camera took decent enough pics to zoom and crop. The new one is a Canon PowerShot SX50..here are the specs, now I just need to learn more about photography so that I understand them better. What is known is that it has an insane zoom (50x or 1200 mm) for a non interchangeable lens camera, and takes good macros, and most important was $100 off the already low end price so I begged and pleaded (and maybe dropped the other camera a few times! LOL just kidding..but I thought about it) with the again better half and after agreeing that yoga was a legitimate expense got 2 big Christmas gifts, I'm not expecting one next year! Photography really got interesting when growing started, I know it's nowhere near top end but it's the first half decent camera I've had.

The still in the box camera specs are:

Sensor resolution (type)                   12.1 Megapixel (1/2.3" CMOS)

Focal range (zoom power)                24 - 1200 mm (50X)

Maximum aperture range                F3.4 - F6.5

LCD size / resolution                         2.8" / 461,000 px

Burst rate (full res)                            13.0 frames/sec *

ISO range                                            80 - 6400

Flash working range (Auto ISO)       0.5 - 5.5 m (W)  & 1.4 - 3.0 m (T)

RAW supported                                 Yes

Scenes in Smart Auto mode               58

HDR mode                                          Yes

Face recognition                                Yes

Zoom Framing Assist Lock                  Yes

Wired remote control available           Yes

Battery used                                      NB-10L

Battery life     (using LCD)                 315 shots

Dimensions                                         4.8 x 3.4 x 4.2 in.

Weight (empty)                                 551 g

* In High Speed Burst HQ mode, which has limitations. Will be slower in regular burst mode.

PEACE :) :)

post-14382-0-29712700-1386725690.jpg

post-14382-0-44474500-1386725693.jpg

post-14382-0-08936000-1386725695.jpg

post-14382-0-99076000-1386725697.jpg

post-14382-0-62469200-1386725701.jpg

post-14382-0-22926700-1386725735.jpg

• Like 1