Dinafem Deep Cheese

Blackchimney77

The original plan was to grow Sick Med Seeds -  Green Crack but since it was not available at the time I ended up ordering a single seed of Dinafem Deep Cheese.  I choose dinafem deep cheese cause they claimed it is the strain with the strongest flavour in their collection, and after growing their white cheese autoflower before which was absolutely delicious I had to try this one out. My main goal is to grow only strains that are tasty, potent and yeild enough to supply my personal needs. 

Here is my setup up:

Tent: 60x60x140 cm

Lights:  for veg hydrogrowled -x21 for veg, and for flower 2- x84pro plus a 26w uvb light

Nutrients : Canna -Coco A&B, Rhizotonic, Cannazym, Flush, Advanced nutrients - Carbo-load, Big bud, Overdrive, Plant Success- Great White, Plant Magic - Magne Cal +, Silicon and GHE- Ripen

The plan is to veg for 3 weeks in a 6 litre airpot and then let transplant her in to a 15 litre airpot during her flowering period of 8 weeks.  Here is my new lady at day 1 (yesterday)

post-10464-0-37152600-1385397573.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for opening a journal for your lady man :)

Best of luck to you with it, i wish you all the success you can have, and of course if you have a problem during your grow don't hesitate to ask our members :)

Have a good grow

Hey man, after you checked out my journal I had to see if you had one goin and here it is :) Congrats on the sprout and good luck with her! I love smoking the cheese strains, and anything named Deep Cheese has gotta be cheesy. I'll grab a seat and hang out till the end!

Peace

Here is this week's update @ day 21(last day under 20/4), from tomorrow I will induce her into flower mode. Wish I could have veg her a little bit longer but it's better to have a little than none at all and have to buy junk. This week I have decided that I will switch back to using Green sensation as I always got the best aromas and favours when I used it in the past. I have also added sugar royal which is said to aid the green sensation and will be switching to Plagron coco a&b as  soon as my canna coco a&b is finish. Therefore I will not be using Advanced Big Bud and Overdrive again on this grow. Reason for the switch up is due to my  last grow when I used the Big Bud and overdrive, even thought the results was good, and the favour and aroma was there  it was not as smooth and intense compared to when I used green sensation in the past. Plus most of Plagron stuff are either organic or bio-organic which is good for achieving a top quality  produce. Today I have also repotted her in to her final resting place (15l air pot). Here is this weeks pics

post-10464-0-73619600-1387138198.jpg

post-10464-0-92850800-1387138266.jpg

hi man thanks for the news, seems like your lady is a little hungry, beside this she looks nice :)

I see you talk about feeding with Green sensation and sugar royal, but do you have some real nutrient with NPK ratio on the side of this? Because those 2 products are only boosters and should not be used on long term lie this. For the Greensensation if i remember correctly it is between week 3 and 6 of flowering and something like this, not more and only on small doses :)

Have a good grow man and good luck for the flowering

• Like 1

Yea Dust, those are just the main boosters I am going to be using instead of the Big Bud and Overdrive. My base at the moment is Canna Coco A&B which I will be switching to plagron coco a&b when the canna is finished.  At this stage I am using Canna A&B, Rhizotonic, Cannazym,Carboload and Magne Cal+. Next watering I be adding sugar royal and silicon to the mix. The plan is to used green sensation from week 5 to 7 for this grow, followed by GHE Ripen for week 8 and then a few days of plain water.

thanks for the news man lady is still going nice :) nice green, nice bending, for sure it takes a little time at the beginning and slows down a little the growth for few times, but it should soon boost up when it will get older :)

Have a good grow keep us updated ;)

Thanx Dust, Here is this week's update @ day 42 above ground (21 days flo/21 days veg), She starting to remind me of the White Cheese Auto I grew from Dinafem as she starting to show alot of aggression. I also have a Grand Daddy Candyland  in the back ground going which place in 12/12 to indentify the sex asap. Right now I have no room for males as my setup is very small so the sooner it shows the better.  Here is this week's pic

post-10464-0-90598500-1388926011.jpg

• Like 1

Here is this week's update @ day 49 above ground (28 days flo/21 days veg), She is finally starting to show some signs of maturity as little preflowers are starting to show now. Guess the transplant just before the flower period slowed her down a bit. I would say she is about 2 weeks behind but I can tell she is going be a nice one. The candyland is also starting to come alive which I am also keeping a close eye on tilI it shows it's sex. I have also just started a green crack from Sickmed seeds which I will veg till the end of this journal and run till the end of summer.  Here are this week's pics- pic 1(Green Crack), Pic 2 (Candyland), Pic 3 (Deep Cheese)

post-10464-0-60372800-1389552230.jpg

post-10464-0-21103400-1389552262.jpg

post-10464-0-71326500-1389552287.jpg

• Like 3

yes lovely bit of LST on of the most prostrat plant I've seen here.

Blackchimney are you using the LED liights in you avatar for this grow, if so would I be right in thinking they are Grow Northern Ms0004's.

They seem to to be a very popular LED.

Look forward to following your grow. ;)

take care bro

Lams

Smokey these are still going strong since the last watering 10 days ago,I try to give the medium a chance to dry out which makes the roots spread and get more air as they search for food. If I knew coco could be this great I would have been using it from day one. The people working at the Hydro shops just talk shit to get more money out of us, two years ago when I was looking to do the coco thing, the guys at the local shop said that with coco you need to feed every 1-3 days as coco dries out quick. Which is a lie the only thing it does by feeding 1-3 days is put more money in their pockets. So I monitor my plants carefully and let them tell me when they are ready for a feed.

Lamsbread I am using hydrogrowled 84xpro penetrators but I am planning to build my own light in the next few months as a bit of research shows these companies mark up are ridiculous. Especially when you find out they are not using the highest quality materials available.

• Like 1

Hydrogroled have aways been one of the pricier brands and when the X-pro first came out it was the mutts nuts, using secondary lens and garunteeing to use bridge lux and epistar diodes.

Prices are still dropping with LED lights, but not fast enough,It is amazing the progress of LED lights over just a 7 year period. Thats when I first started looking into them andf boy there was some absolute rubbish arround,the X-Pro range was the first light Itook seriously but as you mentioned the price was high.

After the release of the X-pro range was released, other better LED units started to appear and they have been improving ever since.

Using top bin diodes is the way forward but they also cost more, I think as time moves on we will see more Phillips, Osaram,Cree and everlight in LED lights, although those stalwarts Bridgelux, Epiled and Epistar are sure to be in the mix too.

Cob (Which stands for Circuit on board) are a chips which have an intergrated array matrix of SMD's (surface mounted diodes). These are the new kid on the block and  have made mamking an LED grow lights so much easier to make.Just using  4 x 100w Cob chips with 4 Led driver units and pretty much most of the leg work is done for making a 200w unit.Pop in some fans and heat sinks and your nearly there.No more soldering 100's of diodes, especially as alot of Cob chips are now solderless. OK there is a little more too it than that but not a huge ammount especially if you follow an online how to, where they have worked out all the electronicy math.

Hydroled  not long ago released a Cob light called the "sol" and it seems to out perform thier X-pro light.

There quite a number of manufactuers making cob lights now but the first to start using them as I remeber was Vanqled.

It will be great to see another DIY LED light in the forums. Will you show us how you make it, as it would make a great thread prior to your Grow journal using it. ;)

The esasier it is to make, the more people will be able to make it and stick it to the man. ;)

If you find a nice place that shows how to make the light be sure to link us too. :D

Have you decided on spectrum yet or the wattage (actuall draw)?

Damn this makes me excited, need to stop geeking out lol

Look forwar to following your progress and the completed light.

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 2