First Journal: 4 King's Kush. Indoor 1x1x1,8m tent 400w HPS

Guovsahas

Hi,

This is my first grow journal, let me introduce myself. I have grown outdoors before I've decided to go indoors, I've been growing autoflowering and acclimatized outdoor strains for Scandinavia. I've finally taken the step indoors and I'm starting out with 4 King's Kush. I've got plenty of other strains to choose from but I want to test my kit with these plants.

They've been in jiffy pots while germinating, two germinated the 19th, one on the 20th and one on the 22nd. I transplanted them at the 29th, I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures but I had so much else to think about and make sure before so I completely forgot about taking pictures. I'm going to start taking pictures and filming a few videos at day 21. Then documenting the whole process.

I'm using a Gold Label special mix as growing medium, I'm using biobizz organic nutrients, I've got guano that I'll be mixing with gold label for flowering but currently the plants are in vegetative growth.

I've been looking forward to grow, this is going to be so awesome :biggrin:

• Like 1

hey man! thanks for opening a journal for your ladies :) Sounds like it was a nice project to aclimatize a strain to scandinavia, did you manage to do it?

And for your indoor project best of luck I'll be around to follow the first pics and vids and until harvest ;)

Have a good grow!

I forgot to say that I also have grown autoflowering outdoors before getting my hands on seeds acclimatized to Scandinavia.

The strains that are acclimatized weren't acclimatized by me, it's strains that a old friend of mine gave to me, he gave me a fistful of seeds and he has been using them for 40+ years, he is a old school hippie in Sweden, he has so much knowledge and experience that he can tell tales from the times of how it was before Sweden criminalized cannabis and when he could grow it outside, nobody really knew what it was and nobody would bother him about it. He saw a lot of people go away because of heroin and he has told me enough horror stories, that I'd never try want to it and avoid people who use hard drugs. He is a old timer and somewhat of a mentor. I had lost a lot of autoflowering plants because of animals eating the plants before I met him. He has been traveling to India and south east Asia when he was younger and he brought seeds to Denmark. He moved around and brought the seeds with him, he created a strain that didn't have a name, he called it a lot of things one of the ones he used most was 'lycka' (happiness in swedish). 'Lycka' was a strain that he used to cross some strains he worked with. I checked some notes I have written on what he told me about the strains that he had crossed, I have it written down on a paper with the seeds.

Unknown strain #1

The female was a ak-47 x neville's haze and the male was a unknown danish strain x 'lycka' a strain that he had created with seeds he had collected from his travels. It's a fast flowering plant, it can take the cold and rainy summers pretty good and grows around 160cm-250cm. There are two distinct phenotypes, one is more sativa like because it grows taller and leaves are slimmer and the other one is more indica like it grows shorter and more bushy but still with slimmer leaves.

Unknown strain #2

The female was a northern lights x neville's haze and the male 'lycka' and haley's comet. It's a fast flowering plant, it can take the cold and rainy summers best and grows around 130-190 cm. This one tends to grow more indica like and I haven't noticed to many differences so not entirely sure on phenotypes.

I usually started them around January or February indoors then I'd move it outdoors to may, it finishes in september-october, #2 usually finished earlier than #1. I've only grown them outdoors so I don't know how they'll do indoors.

He is my sensei, I usually take some good hash or bud and food to him every now and then. He taught me how to keep deer away and some other tricks, he became a good friend of mine and someone different to smoke with than my other friends I hang with, he is the old man who could share his life experience and smoke a few joints touching all kind of topics and has seen his share of the world. He doesn't have any pure seeds of the strain 'lycka' anymore because he crossed most of them with other strains but he knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

I don't know what happened with one of the plants, it's looking very different from the other ones, the deformed one had the seedcasing got caught and I had to remove it with a tweezer but it's been growing really weird. I took a picture of one of the normal looking ones just to show a comparison.

Both plants in the images are exactly the same age, 3 weeks old.

post-5154-0-81216600-1386798741.jpg

post-5154-0-35647900-1386798868.jpg

well perhaps she got a little stressed from beeing blocked in the case, or it's just a little mutant, it happens sometimes on a very low purcentage of the seeds, some people don't give a sh*t about those plants and just throw them away, i personally have a lot of dificulties to throw anything xD so it happened to me to grow a few of those, they are not the biggest yeilder usually, i say usually because in some cases after 2 3 levels like this, the leaves and plant go back to normal formation. But well it's up to you :)

the other lady next to it as nice  size now :) Why does she have little burns on th eleaves like this do you have an idea already?

Have a good grow keep us updated ;)

• Like 1

I'll take care of the mutant until harvest, I can't throw it out when it's that big already besides it's cold outside, since I've been taking care of them it'd be like throwing out a child. I'd just like to take pictures and follow it's life from seed to harvest even it's a ugly duckling compared to the other ones, I'll give it as much TLC as the others.

Yeah I noticed that happened, it started probably 3-4 days after transplanting. It might be the soil which is a bit hot because of the chicken manure I mixed into it, the garden store didn't have 50L bag of chicken manure that I'm used too but they did have concentrated pellets. I crushed the pellets and mix it with the soil, I've been watching for signs of nitrogen toxicity and I'm ready to flush the soil if needed at any given moment.

• Like 2

I've started a CH9 seeds Climax AUTO seed to replace the mutant King's Kush plant, I haven't noticed any changes in growth for that plant except that the stem is becoming thicker.  So I'm thinking of replacing the mutant with the Climax. It should finish earlier than the King's Kush plants because I'm in the process of main-lining the King's Kushes so it'll be a few extra weeks of veg but instead of having one cola with side branches, I'll have 8 equally thick colas. So the CH9 will finish maybe 3-4 weeks before the main-lined King's Kush plants so it'll be nice to have some buds before King's Kush buds are finished.

I started the process of main-lining the plants at Thursday so the plants are recovering but growing healthy.

BTW, is it worth it buying a C-Vault to cure the buds?

• Like 1

I moved the odd growing King's Kush out from the tent, I also cleaned the tent and prepared the last of the King's Kush for mainlining. I'm hoping within 24 days that the process of mainlining is complete for 8 colas, I'm looking forward for flowering and by the time I start flowering the CH9 Climax should be half way from finishing.

The mutant hasn't changed much in growth except that the stem has got thicker, it looks as if it is effected by nitrogen toxicity because of the clawing of the leaf so I'm going to be much more careful with the chicken manure pellets next time but the other plants don't seem stressed. I also planted 6 Trinidad Scorpions chili peppers in the tent.

post-5154-0-11140600-1387361317.jpg

post-5154-0-07381700-1387361347.jpg

post-5154-0-59628600-1387361378.jpg

post-5154-0-52253300-1387361425.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Day 40:

The plants are doing good, I've been fighting fungus gnats the past time and I've lowered the amount of them but the bastards keep popping up. Other than that the plants are doing great and responding great to the mainlining. Two of the plants need to be topped one last time, I'm reconsidering fiming one of the plants as a experiment. One of the plants need to be topped twice so I think another week or two in veg then I can start flowering them.

I'm also going to transplant the plants one last time before flowering in the 26 L pots and buy some bamboo sticks, I've got 1kg of powdered bat guano to mix with the gold label soil-less mix for flowering. I'm really looking forward for the flowering.

I've also been a bit worried with the moist around the windows because the neighbors might see it and suspect something, what should I do?

post-5154-0-20887400-1388272021.jpg

post-5154-0-64688300-1388272044.jpg

post-5154-0-39710700-1388272067.jpg

post-5154-0-46635800-1388272101.jpg

• Like 1

I did some pruning today, here's the King's Kush after some pruning and now you can see the mainlining forming the stem, in a few days they'll be doing fine.

I always get a bit worried when pruning but I've noticed outdoor that I can prune more than I think, I might be pushing my luck this with these plants but I think they'll recover.

I even snapped a pic of water coming out from where I cut with the scissor.

post-5154-0-77113700-1388337520.jpg

post-5154-0-70505900-1388337572.jpg

post-5154-0-25391700-1388337615.jpg

post-5154-0-17498900-1388337646.jpg

post-5154-0-63469100-1388337682.jpg

• Like 1

I just finished cleaning the tent, vacuumed the floor and washed it, I also decided to transplant the plants into the 26L pots and in one to two weeks I'll start flowering.

The little plants growing on the side are my chili peppers, the Trinidad Scorpion. I'm hoping to make some unforgiving hot sauce out of those later for summer BBQs.

Happy New Year fellow growers! I hope it's going to be a greener year and that more countries move forward on drug policy, I also pray and hope that nothing bad happens before or after harvest like cops coming by.

Stay safe and keep growing

post-5154-0-24000000-1388450053.jpg

post-5154-0-98951900-1388450069.jpg

post-5154-0-38721900-1388450086.jpg

post-5154-0-47998100-1388450105.jpg

post-5154-0-57148000-1388450123.jpg

post-5154-0-85125000-1388450141.jpg

post-5154-0-75655000-1388450161.jpg

post-5154-0-59986800-1388450180.jpg

post-5154-0-36784000-1388450200.jpg

• Like 4

get those ladies tied down, using stiff garden wire is better than the baggy tie type garden wire.

It's time for some vegging and and a firm hand to put these ladies in shape,get them branches horizontal and growing laterally outwards like the hands of a clock, in the same type of orientation as a clock face.

I have posted some pics on your wether to fim or top thread which will show you what i mean in the last sentence.

Keep up the good work, i'm subbed to this grow, looking forwards to the results.

CaptainKnatch's fiming and mainlining thread - http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/7862-fiming-and-mainlining/

Happy growing & peace

Lams

PS i have re-upped the pics on your other post now ;)

• Like 2

uk silverback: In the beginning the plants might've got a bit too much nutes but I fed them with half doses from start, I'll make it quarter doses for the next grow with Humboldt Seed Co. Emdog and Flowerbomb Kush. I also have to be very careful with the chicken manure, it burned the plants when I transplanted them from the 1L pots to 10L pots, I'm used to 50L chicken manure bags when I've been growing outdoors and not the pellets that I bought for this grow. It's my first indoor grow and I notice already a difference on how the plants are behaving like that I need to rotate the plants myself so they don't bend inwards. You might notice on one of the plants in one picture that it bent a lot when it was a small so the stem is a bit bent but it gives the plant a bit more personality in my opinion. I'm still getting used to indoor growing. I'm thinking of getting another tent for flowering but I want to get used to indoor growing.

Lambsbread: Yeah, I've got bamboo sticks to start with and I'm getting tomato rings this week. I've put a lot of money on nutes, soil, equipment, etc. so the wire I'm using I got because it was cheap. It did the job for starters but I'm going to be shaping the plants now. I'm thinking making two of the plants into plants with 8 colas and as a experiment I'm making one into a 16 cola plant just to see if there is a yield difference. I'm also starting to notice a bit of smell when I'm moving the plants around. I'm really looking forward to make set it to flowering so that the buds can start to develop and I can smell the plant. I've also set a ipod on a timer with a small set of portable speakers to play music during day time starting with something easy and building up and then back to something easy before night so the plants have been listening to a few playlists with positive music, varying between music genres from ambient, psychoacustic music, roots, dub, reggae, jazz, hip-hop, dubstep, mombathon, d'n'b that's 'peak' then the music slows down back to ambient before night. The plants get a bit of special attention from me and I actually produce music so in the future I'm hoping to experiment with music and growing. I've ordered a copy of what a plant knows because I read that plants can 'see' and 'feel' their environment so since I'm their caretaker giving them a helping hand to thrive I'm thinking of really getting to know plants and understanding them.

The CH9 Climax seed didn't germinate so I'm down to three plants and 5 chilis but that's why I'm thinking of making one plant into a 16 cola plant while two are just 8 cola plants.

I'm making 4 DIY CO2 generators for flowering made from 1,5L bottles that I'm placing in each corner of the tent.

• Like 1