Strainhunters Live Thread - 10th Emerald cup - California

Dust

spot on Dust, type is Post & rafter as opposed to rigid frame. It has the internal post due to the structural weaknes and that the rafters are heavy. Indeed a cheap & cheerful design. ;)

I know where to come if I need a design too, any time you want to share plans , count me in. :)

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well Arjan and his right hand man Franko certainly talk the talk but do they walk the walk?

When, if ever, are they actually going to release somethng with some of these land race genetics in?

Why is "strain hunters" just old green house strains crossed with each other?

I'm disapointed and at a loss to understand why "strain hunters" brand was started if they are just going to rehash their existing Green House genetics, was it purely a marketing/rebranding tactic?

Someone give me some good news about them testing land races from GH/SH and they are just taking a long time to breed and these "old" hybrids are just their to see people over with limited edited crosses untill the ACTUAL land race genetics are done being breed!?

Hi Dr :)

I see you have posted the same question elsewhere in the the forums, things will happen when they happen.

Strain Hunters seed bank is not so old , it will take time to find ideal genetics and a lot of work to produce new strains or select landraces pheno's  ,cossing & back crossing where nescessary and stabilising to produce plants that when grown arent wildly different. Then they will also have to produce sufficient quantities of seed for market in order to supply demand.

cool your jets and grow some awesome strains form Green House or Strain Hunters seeds and you will have some great smokes.

Maybe try and grow all the cup winning strains first, by the time you have grown them all there will be plenty more to try.

As time passes new strains will appear and I'm sure you will be happy to try them as well, knowing a lot of time and effort went into producing them ;)

It is nice to see you have tried white lemons & el nino and that you have enjoyed them but did you wonder how long it took to produce these wonderful strains?

This a wonderful forum with great members, get to know us and don't worry about whats comming in the future, if your not a fan of Arjan & Franco then maybe you have come to the wrong place.

I wish you a good grow and hopefully see a nice grow journal from you ;)

Peace brother :D

Lams

• Like 2

Thanks for taking the time to respond Lambsbread, yes I posted here and then through tit was the wrong place and it deserved it's own thread. I'll look forward to reading about (and maybe growing) them if they ever show up in the future. In the thread I created someone has hinted at the possibility of some beans tested in some thread or another so that also shows promise. I guess its just the complete lack of tangle information on where the project is at which seems odd when the whole concept of strain hunters appears to be in reference to landrace. Maybe I asked it in a provocative way to provoke a response but I believe the question is relivant and pertiant. I'm a customer of theirs like anyone else and this is a business so although Arjan's egocentic personality flabergasted me when I met him that doesn't mean a lot to me as all I'm after is quality genetics.

I'm aware of breeding practices but I'm not aware how long it took to create El Nino no, maybe I'll ask Shantibaba next time I'm on his forum lol

All the best mate

I can understand your frustration, waiting for new strains/landraces etc,but I also like to treat people as I would like to be treated myself.

Being provocative doesn't help to foster the friendly vibe we have in the forums, we just grow our herb  and wait for news, when something new comes along then happy times.

It is probably better to leave the politics at the door though, it's just too old to be still dragging it around.

Let bygones be bygones, there is no point in opening old wounds with who said what here, You can ask others what they think elsewhere no one gonna try stopping you.

All in the forums here are brothers and sisters a love to grow and help each other when ever possible and we welcome you and anyone else with open arms.

Look to the future with a possitive attitude and hope in your heart as I do, new strains will come.

Let us not forget "To err is human, to forgive divine". Try to find it in your heart to forgive others, if someone has hurt your feelings.

I would love to see a grow from you and it will also help to get to know other members of the  strain hunters community, they are amazing people who I know you'd love to get to know better.

If there is anything you need to help you around the forums just ask Dust or myself and we will help where we can.

Happy growing brother :)

Peace & smokes

Lams

• Like 2

Well Arjan and his right hand man Franko certainly talk the talk but do they walk the walk?

When, if ever, are they actually going to release somethng with some of these land race genetics in?

Why is "strain hunters" just old green house strains crossed with each other?

I'm disapointed and at a loss to understand why "strain hunters" brand was started if they are just going to rehash their existing Green House genetics, was it purely a marketing/rebranding tactic?

Someone give me some good news about them testing land races from GH/SH and they are just taking a long time to breed and these "old" hybrids are just their to see people over with limited edited crosses untill the ACTUAL land race genetics are done being breed!?

Hi friend, 

You do not need to accuse or offend to make an inquiry, simply ask kindly as do all people.

The Strains of Strain Hunters Seeds Bank being worked thoroughly to offer the highest quality of them. You can enjoy the same strain, feminized or regularly, when the work is completed.

Strain Hunters Seeds Bank is recent seed bank, needs time to do things right, we do not do things in haste and bad.

Currently only the best seeds feminized cross of our varieties are offered, you can buy them or not buy them, nobody forces you.  Personally I recommend "White Lemon" is great for all the bodily senses.

Soon, when all the work is done and finished (you must understand that we work with volumes of millions of seeds, that takes time), we offer the landraces strains as feminized and regular for growers eligan your favorite seed. :)

One must have a little patience friend, well done things take time, like everything else in life.

Have a nice day

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have to big up the Strain Hunters seedbank for it's quality -Both strains I had the pleasure to try out in the process (before they were commercially available I was given 10 seeds each of Damnesia and Caboose for the growing contests and I am an absolute fan of Damnesia, imo the bet weed I ever smoked and grown, the Caboose comes iin second place. Recently I grew 2 FBK and even though this is not among my personal favorites it is a very potent and beloved strain as well. So before judging this seedbank why not try out what is on offer now ?

If you want landraces there are quite a few in the business that sell them but Strain Hunters / Greenhouse deal with much larger quantities and from the time hey colleted the first landrace seeds you should know that it is simply way too early to come up with a product, that is stable and once they got itit still takes many months till they produced enough seeds to fulfill the supplyJust imagine the level of frustration if they come up with a few strains from say Colombia, Jamaica or Swaziland and then they are sold out in a few weeks ?!

Most landraces are simply not suietd to be grown in a tent or a small grow room, with 4 to 6 months flowering time and a size of 2,50 meters - It takes a few generations to get them to a more indoor growing strain. It is easy to criticize but hard to do better !

• Like 1