the journey

chronixx

Ooohhh!!! Pablo...

Did you say 38°C? That's 100.4°F. Your Girls are knocking on Heaven's Door.
I am surprised that the Girls haven't already succumbed to the heat.

I suggest that you quickly acquire from your local garden shop - White Garden Fleece. It may be known by a different name, so I will describe it for you to help you find it. It is a very light, white polyester-like material. It is normally used to cover garden vegetables to keep cats and unwanted airbourne seeds from invading the seed-beds. Garden Fleece allows sunlight and rain to pass through it. When sunlight strikes the Fleece, it appears White (full spectrum with UV) which is what the plants want. However, not all light passes through. It acts as a buffer. This buffering action may be exactly what the plants need to survive the hottest days.

You can use strings and hooks to fashion a means of suspending the Fleece over the plants by hooking it to the chicken-wire fencing you have built. If you hang it at a slight angle, some of the rain will fall from the lower edge of the Fleece. This will help to prevent over-watering during heavy rains. This may be further useful to reduce the rains from washing away the THC during flowering.

The disadvantage of using the Fleece is that it may reduce your stealth.

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but maybe your Purple is flowering early because the soil base is NPK 14-16-18. I think those nute ratios may be forcing the flowering.

Unless you are already set-up for serious cloning and indoor growing, you may have a hard time to clone the purple. To force a flowering plant to stop flowering and return to vegetative phase is called Regeneration. Regeneration is normally done to an entire plant. This is usually very stressful for the plant (and could force it into a hermmie). To regenerate, the plant is first flushed to remove the nutrients and any residual salts. Then it is fed high N-nutrients but not to the point of toxicity, and it helps to give the plant 1600-1800 PPM of CarbonDioxide only during the daylight periods. It is put under high intensity lamps (at least 400W Metal Halide) for more than the regular 18 hours a day (probably 20 to 24 hours). It is not always successful to regenerate a potted plant.

To attempt to regenerate a clone is even more difficult, because the cloning process itself is very stressful to the clone. But you can try it. I would be very happy to see you succeed.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advise cannabis,
sounds good the fleece but like you said it will harm my stealth what i can not afford... but i think its all good now. last time i checkt the plants are doing great. leaf are more green and they grow fast :)

the purple is really flowering now... the cloning im not gonna try, i just hope i can get a male plant next too it on time too get some seeds out of it.
Tomorrow they will be 1 month old so its time too take a picture for you guys :). comming soon :)

yes i also thought of this but the sun hours are always the same.... i have been growing a few plants before and what i notice is that it could take like 5 months for a plant too finish.
but i also had this same problem e few times before so i think it could depend on how the plant reacts on it. like the others i have are still growing fully. 

i hope i get a male on time to still get some seeds out of the purple.

today i went too my girls and found out that they all start too flower... i dont think its that bad but they are still really small. ( around the 30cm) im just wondering why they do this allready..
maybe its because it not a strain for this daylight hour climate, or maybe because of the soil that includes N.P.K.

inside.jpg

upside.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Lets hope they get bigger and big budz!!

Hey pablo

Due to your equatorial type weather ie 12 hours light and 12 Dark it has triggered the photoperiod.

Cannabis often start to flower under 12/12  after 3-4 weeks of growth from seed, it is at this point the plant has become sexually mature.

Equatorial sativas have long flowering periods, where individual buds may mature at different times over serveral months.This due to the fact that these plants have evolved over the years become aclimatised to the lack of seasons.

With the lack of seasons which would normally trigger the plants in to flower uniformly at the same time,with  the  more northerly & southerly strains,  the equatorial strains will keep producing over a long period of time in hope of being pollinated.

The opposite is true of Ruderalis strains where summers are very short. Here the Cannabis plant has evolved to skip the photoperiod altogether and will flower as soon as it is sexually mature usually 3-4 weeks.

With Indicas the most improved type of cannabis (by improved , I mean man has been selectively keeping the best qualities going back thousands of years) they will also reach sexual maturity around 3-4 weeks old.

Due to thier evolution with the seasons where they grow, they will all flower at the same time and have shorter flowering period than sativss by a month to six weeks.

I have seen some autos flower at 2 weeks and also some autos flower at 5 weeks. So there is even more variation depending on genetics.

Your set up is great, with so many obstacles to over come like wild animals and an unforgiving sun , you still have a great can do attitude. :D

More power to your elbow :)

It is also great to see the support you are getting from other forum members.

I tip my hat to one and all for thier community spirit, very nice vibes :D

i'll be sure to drop by again and soak up some sun from you pics (wet and grey here)

I wish you all the best with your girls and keep my fingers crossed no hungry animal will  have a nibble.

Peace and vibrations

Lams

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pablo,

Lookin' good. 

What is the strain of the plant that is so dark green with the more abundant flowers?  And do you know the strains of the other light green plants?

Your base soil has enough Nitrogen, so I feel certain that the light green plants are OK.  It is probably only a matter of their genetics.  So for them, I recommend no change in your routine. 

But for the dark green plant, in the pics I see what could be a bit of Nitrogen toxicity.  Not too bad yet, but the lower leaves look as if they had experienced some tip burn, while the upper leaves are very dark green and the serrated edges are turned up.  If you are bringing nutrients with the water, I recommend that you cut down on the Nitrogen component for THIS plant.  If you are bringing only water, then this plant needs a couple double-doses of water during the next feedings to help wash away some of the nitrogen that is in the soil.  Being so far advanced in the flowering phase, it doesn't need so much Nitrogen.  In fact, too much nitrogen in late flowering phase could cause the end-product to be a little harsh to smoke.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

thank you very much dust!!! :)
this week I will make some more pic with a better camera. too bad that lizards still found a way too munch abit on my ladies.... one day I came there and I saw 1 eating one of my girl... I was really wondering how they got in my construction so I rollt a big joint and sit down and watch what happens from a distance. what I just made me shock!!! men!!! lizards can almost fly I can tell you now!!!
these little fckers just climb in a big tree and then jump into my cage from like 2 meter of distance.... WOUW.... they go extreme!!!
so now I cut more trees so they can fly in anymore. :P but they still had me good. that why a lot of my girl have some damage on the leaf... not nice for pictures...

about the harvest:

offcourse im really happy that it all work out but I didn't start planting for this result...
the plants indeed stayd really small after they start showing flower... It really demotivated me a lot but I learnt from it and now the next session I want too go BIG!!! and that where I really need you guys help for.

Who can give me the right info for picking the right strain of seeds!!!
the BIG problem I have here is that we always have 13hours of light every day, hole year long. thats why my plants went into flowering stage so early I think.
or dos someone think it could be of the NPK already was in the soil from when they were still young???

and offcourse it always super hot here. around the 32C.

witch way do I have to look? more sativa or indica. a friend of mine ones planted skunk #1 and that work out pretty good he told me.
now there is some early skunk and Mexican sativa on the way. I orded this a few months ago but now Im not sure if they will grow good here... :(

but I hope with the right information I can order the really right seeds from greenhouse seeds!!

Soon more pics will follow. :)

P'z

• Like 2

Senior Pablo,

Your photos and your plants are absolutely wonderful. I know that was a lot of hard work. Nice Job.

If you want tall plants, stay with Sativas or with Crosses/Hybrids having high Sativa percentages. Indicas are almost always smaller plants. Just be aware that the body and psychoactive affects of the two types are different. Sativas generally produce a more exciting mental effect, sometimes resulting in creativity, excitability and unfortunately sometimes a paranoia-feeling. Indicas generally produce a more relaxing body effect, sometimes including a relaxing mental effect. This is sometimes referred to as "couch-lock", where one sits and isn't motivated to do anything for minutes or hours at a time, basically zoning-out on Television or watching plants grow or watching drops of water evaporate. ;P

Knowing this, many home-growers decide to grow both types so that they have an exciting smoke for the morning to get their day going with a bang, then a nice relaxing smoke for the afternoon or evening to throw off the stress of the day or to get ready for sleep.

Greenhouse Seed Company in particular (and also some other seed companies) has both Indica and Sativa types, as well as various Crosses/Hybrids. The descriptions of the strains include the THC to CBD (sometimes CBN) ratios as well as the Sativa/Indica ratios. Sometimes the descriptions include the perceived psychoactive effects.

If you haven't already seen them, I recommend your viewing a couple of the Strain Hunters' Documentaries: India Expedition and Malawi Expedition (I think it was the Malawi... Anyway, it was one of the African expeditions.). In these documentaries, one can see some excellent specimens of some truly HUGE plants. I don't remember for sure whether seeds were collected from those specimens or whether those specimens were grown from Greenhouse seeds, but it may be worth your asking Greenhouse Seed Company if you could buy some of those seeds.

Your LIZARDS !!!

WOW, that's amazing what lengths the lizards will go to to get to the plants. Please, please, if it's not too much trouble, include a photo of one of the lizards. It doesn't have to be dining on one of your ladies; I'm just super-curious to see the animal.

As far as your early flowering goes, I think lamsbread is right. With a constant year-long 13-hour daylight photo-period, I don't think you will be able to prevent early flowering.

Maybe you could possibly delay the start of flowering one or two or three weeks if the nutrients during the Growth Phase were tailored PURELY for growth; that is, by reducing or eliminating the nutrients and minerals that would normally encourage or facilitate flowering. When the plants flower anyway, or when you decide it is time for the plants to flower, then flush away the pure-growth nutrients and begin the Regime of N-P-K and Micro-components suitable for a healthy Flowering Phase. Obviously, this would mean that the soil selected to begin with would need to be either without nutrients or with reduced or eliminated P-K components (such as Cocos or Vermiculite/Perlite or Sphagnum Moss or some similar nutrient-poor substrate); meaning further, that you would be solely responsible for supplying all the right nutrients to the plants at every feeding. I don't know for sure that this procedure would work to delay your flowering under a continuous 13-hour daylight; it is only an hypothesis, and it might be worth testing against a Control Group of the same Strain. I would certainly be interested in the results if you were to conduct such an Experiment.

If you wish to learn more about N-P-K and their scheduled ratios for the 3 Basic Phases (Growth, Flowering, Final-Top/Flush/Harvest), then research the schedules available online from BioBizz and from Advanced Hydroponics. There may also be info available from HESI Nutrients, from General Hydroponics, from Greenhouse Powder Feeds, or maybe also from Fox Farms/Happy Frog of North California. If nothing else, the preceeding can serve as a list of trusted nutrient suppliers.

Sorry, I haven't yet found any Holy Grail collection of Information of exact science on NPK for the Stages of MJ. Nor have I yet found any NPK and Phase-specific Information from Greenhouse. It could be that such Information is so sensitive that it is treated as proprietary information (secret Information necessary for the recipès of the various feeding formulas). However, if anyone else reading this knows where to find NPK and Phase-specific schedules for MJ, I would certainly be happy to receive it.

I hope this helps, Senior Pablo.

Good Job, and enjoy your harvest.

'sapean

• Like 3

Hey Pablo man really good job with the whole construction, I did the same but with a platform high in a tree so no one would find it :) why not just biuld yourself a decent sized greenhouse, that way you will have no problems with lizzards or anything :)

Another thing is how long was it from germination to harvest with these set of plants you just grew ?

• Like 1

hello organicz,

hanks bro, about the green house  woud like too make it but if have the problem that thre are somethimes choppers flying over and i dont want them too see it.
but now im working on something new, sabit like a greenhouse. when it finisht i will upload saome pics from it.

about the time till harvest i can tell you that its pretty fast :).
i harvest after like 70days but i have no idea what kind of strain they are.

Yes dust the landscape is really amazing around my playground. just wait till i have big plants and then i will make some sick shots. give me a few more months and i will post some amazing pics. :)
Because the leafs of all my plants are a bit eaten i dont put much energie on making the best pics from them but here i have some more.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

This is for you cannabis!!

These are they ones that think they can fly.. and I must say they come pretty close…
they just climb into a tree and then jump 2 meter ontop of my table… they must love they smell or something.

images.jpg

This lizard is a bit bigger then the other. These just climb up on everything and take big bites of your girls… :L

images63_CBZJJK.jpg

But these cant reach my table anymore because I put the table legs more in the inside ;)

For those who plant outside and have these lizards walking around, make sure they can not reach your ladies!!!! Really spent some time on building something that make I fully lizard proof or I can tell you that you will regret it.
they are really skillt in finding a way too come in and eat it all. Especially when your plants are still young… many times I came too my spot and I only see a little tweek left…. And that hurts.

But now with all the experience I have and feedback you guys gave me my spot is getting pretty animal proof J.
at the moment im building something new for the future when im gonna have some real big plants, but that’s gonna be another story another day.

I hope by giving this little information some plants will be saved from those lizards. 

• Like 4