Cannabis needs friends?

jhonyblazer

!happy new years! --skip to next paragraph if too high to read my reason-- ok so.... I ran out of stuff and my friends brought me some ultra hash/and im totaly lost from it now, so now i was just thinking this idea,,, maybe its absurd, but thats why I came here then isnt it to see what you guys would think of it) So well i dunno for all you guys out there, but im kinda wondering.... well you see, the thing is, in indoor planting we just but them all wrapped up tight in foil and nutrients in a basement attic or closet something and then they just grow, for us))) but alone...( i mean they got us but maybe if they had companions they would be able to emmm share the vibes? I mean it sounds weird cuz I cant think of much scientific proof of all this, but surely having a couple of different plants, maybe not in the same pot so they can eat calmy on their own, would make ganjas time more comfortable and smoothing to pass? they wouldnt be so lonely anymore then.... and then when we put the next generation of weed, those budddies could keep on chatting with those guys.... I mean im just trying to put myself in ganjas shoes.... here i am.... oh wait no.... from the start.... here i wass.... a lil ol seed... and then pops i wake up with some other similar good lookin gals around, and then we just chill here in a basement... alone... no starlight... no mooon light... no christmas trees(( and it kindof feels cruel... I mean sure we feed em good, we treat em better then the cold bitter wind of night, but company, some funny buddy plant who would crack us up, or tell us a story... i dont know( 

anyway, doesnt matter for what reason, but what do you think of growing indoors with other plants specially nearby for keepin company to ol' ganja?

p.s. o cool mods... please forgive if i couldnt find right section for this topic...

pps sorry if grammar soso sometimes.. im not english

hahah ppps i see the attach file button, so i show you my passport, my dog ate it)) way to go new years..

post-21924-0-35917800-1388969043.jpg

if you talk to your plant, it will grow faster. this is scientifically proven. But not for the reasons you may think. When you talk and breathe, you exhale carbon dioxide in higher levels than the ambient air. THC loves co2 and uses it as energy and converts it to oxygen. All plants do. So in a sense, cannabis is alot happier and healthier with a living breathing friend

yeah this I know, but I mean its been proven that all nature interconnects through dmt, and thc is actually very similar to dmt theyre like sisters or cousins basically, and maybe this is some way of i dunno me asking is it possible that them plants can like just chat and chill )) like with aloe vera or something...

anyway was high as hell yesterday im looking at this topic now like wtf)))) yes mon russia!!

Plants 'Talk' To Each Other Using Nanoscale Sound Waves To Help Them Grow, Study Suggests

By Andrew Porterfield ,copied & pasted from the Huffington Post

The word in the garden is that basil is good to have around. Plants are known to communicate with each other via shade, aromatic chemicals, and physical touch, promoting processes such as growth and defense against disease, as well as attraction of bees and other pollinators.

Now, online today in BMC Ecology, researchers report a new type of mechanism that some plants use to communicate. The team planted common chili pepper seeds (Capsicum annuum, pictured) near a basil plant, with barriers that prevented the basil from deploying its usual growth-promoting tricks.

Despite the separation, chili seeds germinated faster when basil was a neighbor, suggesting that a message was getting through. Because light, touch, and chemical "smell" were ruled out, the team proposes that the finding points to a new type of communication between plants, possibly involving nanoscale sound waves, traveling through the dirt to bring encouraging "words" to the growing seeds.

Understanding this novel communication could help growers boost crop yields and increase global food supplies. How neighborly.

To find out more on plant communication, click this link - https://www.google.com/search?q=do+plants+talk+to+each+other&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

here's another interesting article -

Israeli study shows: Plants 'talk' through the roots The Ben-Gurion University team discovers plants can transmit distress signals to each other through their roots.  

Israeli scientists have uncovered messages transmitted underground - not by enemy agents, but by garden pea plants.

The Ben-Gurion University team discovered that plants can transmit distress signals to each other through their roots. An injured plant "communicates" to a healthy one, which in turn relays the signal to neighboring plants, possibly enhancing the other plants' ability to deal with stress in the future, according to the study, recently published in the periodical PLoS (Public Library of Science One ).

The researchers, headed by plant biologist Ariel Novoplansky of the Mitrani Department of Desert Ecology, exposed five garden pea plants to drought conditions. They found that the stressed plant closes its leaves to prevent water loss. Meanwhile its roots release signals that caused neighboring plants, which were not exposed to drought conditions, to react as if they had been. The study, "Rumor Has It ...: Relay Communication of Stress Cues in Plants," shows the unstressed plants transmitted the information on to other healthy plants.

Preliminary results indicate that plants that receive the distress signals will survive better if exposed to drought at a later stage in their life.

"The results demonstrate the ability of plants and other 'simple' organisms to learn, remember and respond to environmental challenges in ways so far known in complex creatures with a central nervous system," says Novoplansky of the Blaustein Institute for Desert Research.

In some cases the immediate response helps healthy plants to deal with distress that has not yet affected them directly, he says.

Communication among plants has been the focus of study for decades. In 1983 Jack Schultz and Ian Baldwin concluded in an essay published in Science that injured poplar and maple trees release chemical signals that are picked up by healthy neighboring trees. The latter then activate defense mechanisms as though they themselves were hurt. The two scientists were roundly criticized at the time by the scientific community for what later became known as the "talking trees" notion.

In 1988 Dutch scientists showed that plants attacked by insects release chemical substances that summon help from other insects, who prey on the plant-eating ones. Certain plants activate a chemical alert when they are bitten by caterpillars, for example, attracting caterpillar-eating wasps to the endangered plant.

Today scientists accept that this communication also takes place among the plants themselves, as Baldwin and Schultz discovered.

Novoplansky and his team found that the distress signals are passed on not only from the injured plant to the adjacent healthy one, but also from the healthy one to its neighbors, which transmit it onwards, all through the plants' roots. Previous studies have shown that plants communicate through their leaves or stems, but the Israeli team revealed "underground" communication through roots.

Novoplansky believes the signals released by plants are generic and capable of passing from one plant species to another.

"We had an accident in which one plant got into an experiment of another species, and responded to its neighbors the same way the others did. It seemed as though the signals were understood by different plants, as though they were speaking Esperanto to each other. But at this stage this is a hypothesis and we are conducting other experiments to check it," says Novoplansky.

The BGU researcher is also studying why plants developed defense mechanisms that apparently help others that compete with them over limited resources.

"There are cases in which a plant would have clear motivation to inform its neighbors. We expect such mechanisms to work especially in a large plant, where it is likely the neighboring plants' roots belong to the same large plant," he says.

"The communication has an advantage that balances the competitive cost of transmitting the information to rival plants," he says.

Novoplansky, whose team included Dr. Omer Falik and other scientists, said that underground communication probably takes place in many plant species. "But we still don't know what the communication mechanism is exactly and are focusing efforts to decode it, together with other scientists in Israel and the world," he says.

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

perfect Lams as usual ;)  you found the article i was thinking about while reading the first message :) I think yes it makes sense to grow with other plants around, not only for the company but i'm sure it can give some good things to the soil, you maybe have to be careful with what you use and make sure it will not attract insects, beside this i hope you'll show us your little mixed garden and impression on rather you see a change or not.

Have a good day

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

aw man just saaw that answer) pro stuff man thanks again! yeah thats amazing, sadly i dont think ima have space for this garden, but maybe in next year if i get more space for sure ima start a different room conducting expirements with other plants! after reading some more on this ))) thanks guys! for a second i was feeling quite stupid also with the plants talks things... but then again... gotta trust dem shrooms after all huh ;)

• Like 1