what's the ideal temp for the lights of period

Nerzo420

Hi man, 50F at night is a little low, now like it's been said it should not kill them but it will slow them a little if the strain doesn't like cold temps, some strains won't bother at all, but usuallly the best temps during night is to stay around  64°F 

Like phyziks said in end of flowering if you want your girls to show a little colors, you will need to have a gap between the day temp and the night of at least 50°F a little more if possible but don't go too cold ;) and also a good flush period with no nutes, it always helps a little for nice colors ;)

I always keep my intake and outake fans running 24/7 :) do you keep your fan that blows on the plants on during lights off period? many thanks

I Like to keep oscilating fans on after lights out. If you have two air movement  fans for example - one that is predominantly for air movement and oscilates & the other one lets say that blows air directly between the top of the crop and under the light and is stationary, so to stop the heat from scorching the tops.

The stationary one will not need to be left on , unless you need the extra air movement.

Where as the oscilating fan will keep the air nicely moving around and is constantly blowing in different direction, giving the air a nice mix.

still air and moisture is mold country, keeping the air and the oxygen in it moving will help stop this.

Sometime you may notice where one leaf is resting on top of another leave there will be beads of moisture,this is where the plants sweats through the stomata on the undersides of the leave and it condesates on the top of the leaf underneath. Again try to avoid this, as it is a site where fungus /mold.

By keeping the air moving and having a little movement in the canopy will let that moisture evaporate.

Air movement also helps promote stronger stem, which is good because it will help take the weight of heavy buds.

I also leave my intake fan on, my extractor fan is temp controlled and when lights go out fan speed control kicks in and reduces flow to a lower level.

peace

Lams

• 1 month later...