Strains that are good for HOT summers

HolyHerb215

I'm in central California where summer averages are 110F 43.3 C. Plenty of light/water but its HOT! ill need to amend the soil or use a raised bed because I have hard pan soil. I'm pretty well read when it comes to growing but i know i will be constantly learning more. when it comes to my particular problems though, guys that face this type of heat are few and far between.

Anyway I'm sure someone here can help. Ill keep a journal here for sure when time comes around!

I would aim to get your hands on weed strains that originate from around the equator where it is very hot as well. Somewhere like Jamaica or Africa. These strains are usually Sativa Dominant though. You might have some luck with Durban Poison , Malawi Gold, Swazi Skunk, and Lambs Bread ( A prized Sativa From Jamaica ) A really good strain IMO. Really Dense Buds for a Sativa. Almost Teal green buds lol

• 9 months later...

I know this is a few months old.....but DIESEL loves the cali heat. I put clones out in july when it was in the high 90s and they were just fine. They don't mind heat at all. I did find that purple crosses hate the heat. Purple cream, gdp, and others like it cooler. The exception to that is purple kush. Talk to local growers and see what they run. I live in the valley where it gets HOT. I have good luck with bubba kush as well as the diesel's as mentioned.