autoflower need help

eb3

i have two northern lights auto they droop really bad about 12 hours light on like thay need water but thats not it win lights off droops super bad my grow 2 nl auto in 5gallon buckets ocean forest 600w hps i dont really see it slowing down the plants but it has never happend before

It happens a lot and is damn hard question to answer without getting all sciency.

It has something to do with Turgor , water (active) transpot, transpiration and osmotic pressure and wether a cell is turgid or flaccid.

your leaves droop after lights out and by the morning they are all perky like nothing ever happend .

If you watch a timelapse of cannabis plants you will see this happening.

Your RH (relative humidity may be a little low) , but plant will still grow.

If it is low you could try raising the humidity.

Low humidity is not such a problem as high humidity and can be useful in bloom phase.

High humidity is more of an issue and can be a nice place for mold/bud rot to grow.

This is a common question  & one that is difficult to simplify.

Have a look at a Biology web site -  and read about plant cells - keywords are - Osmosis - Turgor - Active transport - transpiration - plasmolysis (drooping/wilting leaves).

Have you started a grow journal? We would love to see your grow and, watch as they grow up in to beautiful sparkling buds.

Pictures are always useful when checking the health of a plant and we also just love to see nice pictures too ;)

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

i have tried to upload pic from my phone not working so i will post some soon it just seem super dramatic i can't have the light on 18/6 i have to do 12/12 cuz that droop with the lights on i would like more light for these autos but don't really know what to do its not just win lights are off its win they are on its like a biologically time clock its pretty weird ...

They may be a little bit stressed, not sure  how far  your light  is from the tops of your plants, you could try backing it up a bit and see if it makes a difference.

Do yourun a fan under the bulb to diffuse the heat

Heres a link to posting pictures - http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/3217-insert-images-and-videos-in-new-forum/

Not sure how you post pics from a phone, either it in the thread so someone will know if you can't find an answer.

Personally I only use a desktop to postl xD lol

The FAQ section is quite useful and answer alsorts of questions about doing things on the forums.

I have not had plants droop in lights on, though have read quite a number of posts where people do.

Peace

Lams

I have grown plants that do the exact same thing. Honestly the only thing i could narrow it down to is that the plant becomes heavily dependant and use to its light cycle. If your lights are at 12/12 and they always have been the plant will droop close to the end of the light cycle as it gets ready to rest. I compare it to a plant yawning in tiredness from working hard all day. 

Some of my plant strains i have grown droop after 12 hours of light no matter what. I think this is because there arent many places on earth that have more than 12 hours of light on a regular basis. :]

• Like 1

well heres my theory on that. Since autoflowers are crossed with Cannibus Ruderalis to make them flower by themselves. Ruderalis is the 3rd species of marijuana known to regions that get little sunlight and usually cold like Russia and the caucas mountains. Im sure its light cycle , even though not dependant for flowering, is still use to having little light even if we give it 24/0 light cycle. Just myy opinion on that though

• Like 1

that's prob it i did look up the genetics and seen that myself but could not find anyone with the same prob i really thank u for ur input has helped a ton im going to grow it out i will post a end result and i will post some pic thank you

• Like 1

Hi eb3 :)

there are some very small humidifiers out there search Ebay and  look for mini humidifiers / ultrasonic humidifier.

This is a floating doughnut humidifier with usb conection - you can also buy wall plugs which have a usb socket , so no worries if you are not near a PC.

post-8436-0-89995700-1390489625.jpg

This unit is under £10 GBP  /  $16 USD

If ordering I try to choose from the country where I live, saves alot of time, instaed of waiting for it to be shipped halfway around the world.

There are many humidifiers under £20 GBP  /  $32 USD

I have a store near me called "maplin" they sell one for £30 GBP  /  48 USD  it has a 5 liter water tank.

I mention these as they are not expensive and would do the job in a small grow space.

I imagine you didn't want to spend a lot of money and is the reason you did not want a humidifier.

Peace

Lams

If this is of no use to you I will re-answer the question

• Like 1

that's pretty cool thanks no the money is not the prob u can get them cheap at Walmart but just thought with the size of the room that would be a little much and the plants are flowering but the little ones are cool prob will order one of them today im running about 35 to 40 % so i will not need alot

I will post what i just said in PM to you (just so other members & guest can read it)

Humidifier doesn't have to be run constantly, a timer can be used so it can come on and go off through the day.

Units are pretty small and the doughnut unit is tiny.

A little bit of time and effort is needed to set it up (on/off times on timer)  so you get the right amount of humidity, once that is done you should be able to leave it and monitor it from time to time.

Unit does not need to be on after light out.

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

that's prob it i did look up the genetics and seen that myself but could not find anyone with the same prob i really thank u for ur input has helped a ton im going to grow it out i will post a end result and i will post some pic thank you

No problem. As growers, we tend to focus on the smallest things and over react to them. This is compounded and made worse when we have small gardens. A few plants will get alot of attention in a small garden, whereas a in a large garden our time is split between many plants. :) We forget that the plant is a living thing. It is hard to remember them as living things because we see them as static objects that dont move since they move so gradually we cant notice.

Just make sure not to over water

• Like 1