Kalashnikova (Auto) + Green O Matic (Auto)

Hello Strain Hunters,

This is my first journal here on the website, hope you guys will enjoy the report until the end.

I have started the grow 1 week ago, so I'll explain what has happened until now.

This is the story so far:

3 x Kalashnikova Auto
1 x Green O'Matic

1 m² x 2m grow tent

2 galons square pots

Medium: Sunshine Mix #6 + 30% Perlite

Nutes: General Hydroponics Flora

400w HPS light

Challenges: Since I live in South America, the temperatures are high right now during the summer, staying around 30 degrees outside so I'm constantly struggling to keep temperatures down.

I have started germinating the seeds on January 15th and on the 17th I put 3 Kalashnikova and 1 greenOmatic in the medium as they had already sprouted. Remaining greenoMatics didn't came out from the seeds and so I discarded them a few days ago.

All plants are growing fine. i'm following the General hydroponics DTW feeding schedule.
The #1 Kalashnikova suffered a small accident on the 19th and it's brench got bent all the way. I've made a support for it and it has been doing well despite of that.

Today they are exactly one week old since they sprouted. i'll post some pics later for you all to see.

That's all for now. Feel free to comment and ask any questions.

Cheers

• Like 3

Hey Soles :)

Firstly let me welcome you to the forums :D

Why not make a post in the Introduce yourself section of the forums, where we can get to know you and give you a proper welcome :D

You are in good company as we have a number of African members who have some nice grows.

They wil hopefully be able to give advice on growing in your climate.

Nice strains you got growing, we will be sure to follow along your journey and watch them grow into beautiful ladies. ;)

Sorry to hear you bent a branch , but by the sounds of it, it will recover.

We do love some nice picture to look at & will be sure to make us smile, it also helps us keep a check on thier health.

Have a good look around the forums, there is plenty of good stuff to read and nice buds to look at too.

Have yourself a good day man.

Peace

Lams

Hey Lams, thank for the heads up.

I'll try to make a goor report on this grow. Just to correct you in one thing, I'm not from Africa, I'm from South America!  lol

I'll post some pictures and a better introduction later.

Cheers and thank you for the welcome message.

• Like 1

lmao misread it,please forgive me ;)

We also got some member from Southe America too.

Both African & South American members are expiriencing high temps above 30C, tough conditions indeed.

Being in the Southern Hemisphere winter is on its way and hopefull temps will go down, unless your in an eqatorial region and where there are no masive seasonal changes.

Hope temps cool down for you.

Have a good grow man

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

Thanks fr opening a journal and for the little infos  :) And good to read the accident that happened didn't disturb the plant ;) but at this stage they bend easily withtou breaking and almost always come back from this ;)

I will be waiting for osme little pics :)

Have a good grow man

• Like 1

Hello Strain hunters,

I'm back with some new updates of my grow. First time growing automatics.

The plants are looking well. I've made a mistake on her second feeding solution's PH and the water got very acid. The problems was an old PH meter and after I realised it, I bought a new one and made a flush with PH 5.8 + GH nutes so the damaged was not too harmful, although it has slowed the growth a little bit.

Temperatures are still very high. The highest temperature in the last 10 days was 34.8 C and the lowest 23.4.

I'm trying to keep the temps around 28/30 during the day and 24/27 during the night. I'm using fans and a small air conditioner and I also leave the grow box open.

Some plants are tied or supported due to the constant air flow in the grow tent, so that no other branch gets bent here.

HUmidity levels are around 70/80% at all times as Im trying to compensate the temperatures with humidity.

Below are some pictures taken yesterday. Will work on some better pics in the following posts.

The only plant not being supported is the GREEN O MATIC, all others are Kalashnikovas.

post-33248-0-61133900-1390826216.jpg

post-33248-0-87654400-1390826219.jpg

post-33248-0-68868400-1390826221.jpg

post-33248-0-54828000-1390826224.jpg

post-33248-0-67039100-1390826227.jpg

post-33248-0-04086800-1390826232.jpg

post-33248-0-16324200-1390826236.jpg

post-33248-0-20177000-1390826241.jpg

hi man nice clean update thanks for this :) The girls are looking good despite the hot temperature, be careful specially for the night temps if you can try find a way to get them a little lower they will like it ^^  And if you manage to stay more on the 28° side thann the 30° side they would appreciate too ^^ but i guess it must not be easy in your area!

Otherwise a solution would be to add a little CO2 in your room with some Exhale bags or a DIY with sugar you will find it on the forum, it will help a little the metabolism to follow with the temps :)

Have a good grow man keep us updated ;)

• Like 1

I've read about the DIY CO2 and maybe I will give it a try. It is very hard to change the temperature in the room, so I'll try and add more fans to circulate the air plus the CO2.
Just to be clear, the CO2 should be administrated right above the plants, is that it?

The Green o matic is very green and looks strong, the Kalashnikovas on the other hand seems light green and yellowish, I guess they are asking for more strong feedings. I'll feed a more slightly more concentrated water next time.

More pics by the end of the week.

Cheers.

YEs normally a CO2 molecule is heavier than Oxygen so go toward the ground when it leaves the container, but i've never used those DIY so don't know where the best place could be for it, check the journals using it but usually if i remember correctly it's above :)

• Like 1

Day 13

Plants are starting to feel the adverse climate and show some signs of deficiency.

The Green O matic Auto seems the strongest. It has a nice green and is developing well.

The Auto Kalashnikovas, on the other hand, seems more affected by the heat and the feeding. Older leaves are getting weaker and noticed some burnt tips also on some new leaves.

Just fed them today but will try to get some Cal/Mg as Flora nutes don't have it and since I'm growing soilless mix, it should help a little bit.

I'll post some pictures later on.

Think I found a good lead here.

I've been watering Flora Series nutes on a PH of 5.8, but since I'm using soil less mix, people say that I have to treat it like soil, leaving the PH more around 6.5.

I have just watered my plants yesterday with 5.8 PH so I don't know if it's best to water it again today with new PH water or should I wait so I dont overwater it?!

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

As long as your plant looks ok, leave it until your next water.

Let the plant eat some of this feed, allow medium/substrate to dry out  and feed with new Ph'ed feed.

Last thing you want to do is get salt build up/toxicity and over watering is not good either.

5.8 is as low as you want to go in soil, 6.5 is the sweet spot.

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

DAY 14 

Ok, here are some pics at 14 days since they popped out. I didn't mention but I ended up pouring some CalMg solution after I watered them so that would regulate the PH of the soil. Plants do seem to have liked it as they reacted a lot differently on their next ON cycle.

The heat is still a problem. Hottest and driest January of all times here so Im fighting against it. I just put up a solution for homemade CO2 in my room with the hopes of just helping the plants handle the adverse ambient.

Here are some pics, not as fancy as the last ones though. You can see some old leaves curling and dying, but didn't progress a lot to the newer leaves, until now at least.

post-33248-0-40373200-1391207553.jpg

post-33248-0-60447000-1391207569.jpg

post-33248-0-71186400-1391207577.jpg

post-33248-0-39964700-1391207591.jpg

post-33248-0-79846700-1391207598.jpg

post-33248-0-38482300-1391207606.jpg

post-33248-0-35732900-1391207619.jpg

post-33248-0-27220200-1391207627.jpg

post-33248-0-03399000-1391207633.jpg

post-33248-0-28333200-1391207640.jpg

post-33248-0-68413900-1391207650.jpg

• Like 1

As long as your plant looks ok, leave it until your next water.

Let the plant eat some of this feed, allow medium/substrate to dry out  and feed with new Ph'ed feed.

Last thing you want to do is get salt build up/toxicity and over watering is not good either.

5.8 is as low as you want to go in soil, 6.5 is the sweet spot.

Peace bro

Lams

Did the correcting of the soil already, let's see how they react this following week. 

I'll keep the the journal updated. 

Hello again SH,

Day 17 of my auto grow. I've been facing some problems and the plants are not doing so well in my opinion (except Green o Matic)

Let's see if you guys can help me.

I watered them today with 6.5 PH Flora Series nutes.

Temperatures are still very high, yesterday it peaked to 33 degrees, but today the weather gave a break so I managed to lower it down to 27 C.

I'll post some pictures so someone can give me some tips about their health situation.

First of all, the Green o Matic since it seems stronger and not as sensible as the Kalashnikovas.

post-33248-0-41912800-1391451150.jpg

post-0-0-30873000-1391451175.jpg

post-0-0-40050200-1391451194.jpg

• Like 1

The Kalashnikovas on the other hand, seems a lot more sensible than the green o matic.

I assume it is a MG deficiency, as I fed them with lower PH in the first 2 waterings, making it difficult for the plants to absorb all nutrients.

The Kalashnikovas:

#1 - the one that got the branch bent in the first week

post-33248-0-70770300-1391451978.jpg

post-33248-0-49339400-1391451995.jpg

post-33248-0-67929800-1391452013.jpg

post-33248-0-16193500-1391452032.jpg

• Like 1

Well, this is my update on day 17.

The plants are kinda getting me worried, not so much the Green o Matic, but the Kalashnikovas, which are the ones I want to harvest the most.

Any tips or such will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

your plants will like a cycle of moist soill and then letting it dry out a little.

This will allow air to your roots which will make them happy.

Get used to the weight of your pot when you water, then allow it to get lighter,allowing the top 1-2cm dry out, before you water again.

The pot feels lighter because the plant has used the water. This is important throughout the plants life.

Have a good grow.

Peace brother

Lams

your plants will like a cycle of moist soill and then letting it dry out a little.

This will allow air to your roots which will make them happy.

Get used to the weight of your pot when you water, then allow it to get lighter,allowing the top 1-2cm dry out, before you water again.

The pot feels lighter because the plant has used the water. This is important throughout the plants life.

Have a good grow.

Peace brother

Lams

Thanks for the heads up Lams. I have a dry pot on my grow tent so I can check the weight of the plants and see when they have dried a lot.

Apart from the weather, i can't see any other mistake I might be making.

I'll keep everything posted here. I might engage on building a DIY Air conditioner to see If I can lower the temperature a few degrees.

i'll post new pictures on day 21. Let's hope for the best.

Cheers!

• Like 1