Witch Soil to Take from this 2 ??!

Metal

Hi every one

Here what I found in local market and I think that the best that I can get so I take a pic for the info on the 2 Soil that I found. Hope if can advice me witch one to get for indoor plant ?

See the attach as didnt allow me to post links!

Thanks in Advance 

post-33314-0-78667100-1391178872.jpg

post-33314-0-10759800-1391178881.jpg

Both soils are from a company called "Nordtorf". - http://www.nordtorf.eu/company/overview

The fist picture is as far as I can work out from the information on the back is "Ahrenserde" Potting soil.

Potting soil “Ahrenserde” is a fine-structured (0-5 mm) prepared mixture, which is perfect for the propagation of seedlings, cuttings, etc. The fine structure of the potting soil enables its use in planting machines (pots and stands). The main components of the substrate are white peat with fraction 0-5 mm (70%) and black peat (30%). The potting soil “Ahrenserde” is a substrate of medium fertilizer content – 1.0 kg of PG-mix 14:16:18/m³ of the substrate. In addition to the main fertilizer, micro-fertilizer has also been added to the substrate. The white block peat’s assures good water absorption qualities and aeration of the substrate. For better structure, white fine block peat fraction has been added to the substrate. For regulating the substrate’s pH, limestone powder is used. The potting soil “Ahrenserde” is a substrate of medium acidity - pH (CaCl2) 5.5-6.5. To improve the substrate’s water absorption qualities, a special chemical substance and wetting agent Aqua Flow has been added to the substrate. Adding the chemical substance to the substrata to improve water absorption is especially important in southern countries, where substrates tend to dry fast, which results in their decreased water absorption qualities. The experience of “Ebbe&Flut” shows that the addition of wetting agent Aqua Flow also permits the use of the substrate in southern countries.. The potting soil “Ahrenserde” is suitable for growing the following plants/plant groupings: root crops seedlings, ornamental plant seedlings, sensitive plants (e.g. Saintpaulia sp.), etc.

The second Picture is "Agrobalt" Potting soil, which is made

Potting soil “Agrobalt” is a fine-structured (0-5 mm) prepared mixture, which is perfect for the propagation of seedlings, cuttings, etc. The fine structure of the potting soil enables its use in planting machines (pots and stands). The main components of the substrate are blond peat with fraction 0-5 mm (70%) and black peat (30%). The potting soil “Agrobalt” is a substrate of medium fertilizer content – 1.0 kg of PG-mix 14:16:18/m³ of the substrate. In addition to the main fertilizer, micro-fertilizer has also been added to the substrate. The blond block peat’s assures good water absorption qualities and aeration of the substrate. For better structure, blond fine block peat fraction has been added to the substrate. For regulating the substrate’s pH, limestone powder is used. The potting soil “Agrobalt” is a substrate of medium acidity - pH (CaCl2) 5.5-6.5. To improve the substrate’s water absorption qualities, a special chemical substance and wetting agent Aqua Flow has been added to the substrate. Adding the chemical substance to the substrata to improve water absorption is especially important in southern countries, where substrates tend to dry fast, which results in their decreased water absorption qualities. The experience of “Ebbe&Flut” shows that the addition of wetting agent Aqua Flow also permits the use of the substrate in southern countries. The potting soil “Agrobalt” is suitable for growing the following plants/plant groupings: root crops seedlings, ornamental plant seedlings, sensitive plants (e.g. Saintpaulia sp.), etc.

Peat is a naturally acidic in these peat based composts the acidity is counteracted with powdered limestone.

The Ph is between 5.5 & 6.5 Cannabis in soil likes 5.8Ph minimum to 7.0Ph maximum & 6.5Ph optimal.

This compost is a little more on the acid side , it is possible it may need a little extra lime.

I would probably add some perlite to improve the sructure alittle more allowing it to drain and hold more air.

I have never used this brand of potting soil or a all peat potting soil, I am wondering if there are any other members who have tried?

I have posted the information on each compost, so other members can read & comment.

I also had to guess the name of the first soil as the picture does not show the name. Can you comfirm I got this correct.

Are there other brands or types of soil available? A picture of the front and back of the bag is useful.

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

Thanks alot for this information and I think u right about the brand my bad that didnt toke pic for the brand name :(

So from what I read I didnt get if I can use any of both or both will not work or what to do exactly?

As I know there is nothing else but am still looking and even if will fined I believe it will be with same structure so will not be a big different! Let me tell when where I live there r not a great farmer so they dont care that much for Soil .

• Like 1

Agrobalt - seedlings/cuttings

Ahrenserde  - mature plants/potting  on

I haven'y used this soil, it will grow plants.

I would buy a Ph probe/meter so you can check soil Ph . cannabis in soil can deal with a range of Ph 5.8 - 7.0 Ph. Ideally you would aim for 6.5 Ph.

Test your soil when you buy it if it is as low as 5.5 Ph you may need to add a little lime to ballance out the PH.

Do a little bit of searching on google, you may find other brands, it is worth a look.

Peace

Lams

I made a search yah found some but how will ship 1 bag of soil over see lool the shipping will cost 4x the soil cost :D

This it must work with some care and looking for PH to stay as we want !

It's just for now witch think it will be better between both like 1 or 2 as that what have for now ?

And I will go now to search if can fined any thing else :D

Thanks for your help

Arenserde & EcoBalt - The seed compost is for starting seedlings and cuttings and will have lower levels of fertilizer .

To start off young plants and seedlings you don't want high levels of fertilisers in the soil, which could burn the young plants.

Agrobalt Potting soil is for once your seedlings have grown a few sets of leaves and some nice roots.

This soil has a higher level of fertiliser which these larger plants can use.

I would buy some of each, this is something which I do already and is standard practice in horticulture.

Peace brother

Lams

• Like 1

Ok So I think I will go with first one as from what I feel the second is so light and they use it more for Flower and decoration plant.

And after spending 4 hours looking for Soil didnt fined any thing else except this 2 but what I found is this stuff I dont know what they do but I toke a pic and I will wright here the name of each one , if  want to get any of those for growing my plant just please tell me so I can bring it when I will get the Soil.

I found

1- Plant food

2- Tprose "It's Including boron , zinc, Iron, Manganese & Copper"

3- House Plant food tablets "It's Including zinc, Iron, Manganese & Copper"

4- Liquid rooting hormone.

5- Natural Grganic Granular Fertilizer

6- Iron Tonic

7- Pro Florist 

8- Soil Revitalizer

9- Liquid Fertilizer

And yah the brand name for the Soil is Eco Balt

Regards