Our future after a regulation / legalization?

firefighter

I realized that some big growers and weed sellers fear a legalization like the bubonic plague. They believe they will be out of business in some years, big industry like tobacco companies will take over and so they try to make quick money now with all the negative concequences. What we see now in Colorado is something different. Rising prices and a vast diversity of strains  unseen ever before!

I believe there will be a move to the development of very fine strains like in the vine industry or even better.  :biggrin:

So what do you think?

• Like 1

The guys in it for fast money will inevitably lose out no matter who's running the industry, independent companies or big corporations. With legalisation the prices will fall. The size of inventory will go up though, more weed in stock with no risks :)

The ones that love what they do will win big time, they can integrate into the industry and come home with an honest paycheck at the end of the day. Id love to work in a legal industry, the salary doesn't interest me, it's the growing and sales part that would put a smile on my face everyday :) I just love weed :)

• Like 4

The guys in it for fast money will inevitably lose out no matter who's running the industry, independent companies or big corporations. With legalisation the prices will fall.

I am not sure, maybe the prices will rise like in Colorado when the babas are selling high qulity strains. I have seen they are advertising for hundreds of strains literally, absolutely amazing.

Prices for low quality stuff will inevitably fall, I agree with that.

And yes, after a long life with the heat at my back I would love some peace and rest....

In Canada and the US nobody fears a legalization except the DEA ;-))))

The yanks still know what kind of moonshine they got sold durimg prohibition. haha

Good to know it's not the growers fearing a legal plant over there.....pot is much more a hippie drug in america than it is here....not only about quick money

I see this as the best Opportunity to stop this awefully bad Breeding that is going on in a lot of Seedbanks/Breeders !

I mean i can buy like 20 different Strains who say good allday Smoke and if a unused Smoker smokes them hes Knoked out there are no "soft" Strains anymore its all abou efficiency right now only big Yields and high Potency is wanted thats Bullshit.

We need more daykeeper Weed on the Market.

Allso it will open up a new BlackMarket which will be a lot more freightning than we have it now.

I hope to see some old Genethics come up who were thaken for lost forever which makes me happy.

Lets see what happens and hope that the big Industries wont brak everything

Cheers

• Like 1

The price of weed currently in Aberdeen, Scotland = 1.3g for £25......yup, I dare the industry to charge more than this! Lol :) It's already extortionate here where I live so legalisation cannot make that any worse I'm sure :)

£18 a gram? That is €25 a gram! Prices can't get worse here! Can they?

• Like 2

The price of weed currently in Aberdeen, Scotland = 1.3g for £25......yup, I dare the industry to charge more than this! Lol :) It's already extortionate here where I live so legalisation cannot make that any worse I'm sure :)

That is amazing. Here it is about 6-8 Euros a g

• Like 1

I see this as the best Opportunity to stop this awefully bad Breeding that is going on in a lot of Seedbanks/Breeders !

I mean i can buy like 20 different Strains who say good allday Smoke and if a unused Smoker smokes them hes Knoked out there are no "soft" Strains anymore its all abou efficiency right now only big Yields and high Potency is wanted thats Bullshit.

Oh, there are now weaker strains available with 5% THC and 5% CBD or better use ouitdoor weed like myself that is softer. Santa maria outdoor keeps you smiling all day! I ve seen dispensaries in the US with hundreds of strains so I am pretty sure it will go that way. http://www.medicalmarijuanastrains.com/santa-maria/

And awfully bad breeding? Well, if you refer to the ongoing skunk, Northern Light and haze crosses again and again, you are right. That is worn out bad breeding I guess. i.e. when I compare an "Early Skunk" that is a kind of "working class" brainlock dumb but strong high and compare it with GHS White Widow, and endless uplift that relaxes youu too - what a difference. :scout:

That's more like it! 3-4g for €25 :) Sounds better :)

I'm seeing pictures of weed from Colorado dispensaries and you can get an Oz of Blue Dream for £115, I know it's a cheaper strain but here in Scotland there's no price difference whether your buying a 7wk basic indica or a 18wk complex sativa. Same price. In fact there's so much ignorance on the indica/sativa subject I had someone say that this 8wk damp poorly grown cheese was better than a 14wk Kali Mist with a 2 month cure, lol :)

• Like 1

That's more like it! 3-4g for €25 :) Sounds better :)

I'm seeing pictures of weed from Colorado dispensaries and you can get an Oz of Blue Dream for £115, I know it's a cheaper strain but here in Scotland there's no price difference whether your buying a 7wk basic indica or a 18wk complex sativa. Same price. In fact there's so much ignorance on the indica/sativa subject I had someone say that this 8wk damp poorly grown cheese was better than a 14wk Kali Mist with a 2 month cure, lol :)

Yeah, I know this. A real Cannabis culture I know of is in Holland, some US states and def. Switzerland. germany and UK are those Skunk, NL and Cheese countries....no sense at all for fine sativas. People are complaining about kali Mist, no couch lock, haha, I know this.

• 1 month later...

Currently in Canada the legalization is only on the medical level and most Canadians will tell you it isn't moving in the right direction at the moment. It has been medically legal for some time right now but the issue to start was doctors not wanting to sign off the forms in fear of being looked into.. even though the stigma of that is starting to go away most doctors just don't want to get involved. The new problem is the money, The government has moved away from letting patience and designated growers grow there own or for other patience. They are moving towards a more industrialized way so they can collect on the taxes... which is to no ones surprise. In Canada we always new the legalization would only come into true effect when the government finally realized they could get some cash out of it. I'm not against the government getting a little something out of the legalization of it.. it is the way our world works.

The current problem is taking the ability to grow your own stuff for a lower cost if you want to. People now face the stigma of buying it from industries for inflated prices or just prices that don't match what you can get growing on your own... and lets face it growing your own is kind of an addiction and passion that is hard to give up. I think legalization in Canada is going to move in the wrong direction and you will see the black market stay, along with the criminal stigma of it all. I think the only thing that is going to change is there will be a legal way of getting it, which is not a bad thing for people who want to go the risk free route. It's just a shame the legalization is dependent on the income the government can get out of it and not the simple fact that this is a plant that was here for a reason and obviously not a mistake that we can regulate and try to isolate.    

They are moving towards a more industrialized way so they can collect on the taxes... which is to no ones surprise. In Canada we always new the legalization would only come into true effect when the government finally realized they could get some cash out of it. I'm not against the government getting a little something out of the legalization of it.. it is the way our world works.

That is a painful way  to realize WHO is actually running things. And while the shit hits the fan in the US itself with a starting of an open war between the people, regional authorities and the Feds, the "colonies" or the "Northern mexican" as they call you are treated much harsher. Here the ruling financial  elite will not bow down but show who is the boss.

• Like 1

In Canada we are in a transition stage, with Medical marijuana no longer being controlled my the government, but now they have turned over the production, qualifying and distribution to private enterprise.  The government is trying to take away our rights to grow medical marijuana, but we successfully got a stay in its enforcement until the case goes to court.  So as long a you had a valid license as of Sept 2013 you can continue to grow.

As for prices at the new Private suppliers, they are anywhere from $4.50/gram up to $11.00/gram.  Most prices for good bud will be in the $6.00/gram for 18-20% THC Still a lot more than it cost me to grow my own.  The prices in Canada are a lot lower than the prices in the USA.  The only reason I can think of is greed.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone !! Well, at least until you are allowed to grow or to smoke it, it's all right ! Of course coffee shops or dispensaries are great too because you have access to a lot of different strains, and hash that you can try and discover from day to day !! Far, far from life sentence jail and death penalties! I think we'll recognize "clever" countries in the futur... A really honest hand shake to Mr José Mujica, President of Uruguay, on the way. Let's keep it real ! Dream on...

• 2 months later...

This post was not for this but fits better in this thread. I also quoted you because I had had this as my introduction to this site and your post was saying growers are worried about losing the industry but I'm not looking at when we lose the industry losing the money within the legalization I'm worried about the plant itself for many reasons. And I'm sorry but 2 states don't have enough of a group to market to for companys that large to start producing but I assure you there are watching those states like hawks!

And now your feature presentation! (Lol bad joke but it is a long one)

I realized that some big growers and weed sellers fear a legalization like the bubonic plague. They believe they will be out of business in some years, big industry like tobacco companies will take over and so they try to make quick money now with all the negative concequences. What we see now in Colorado is something different. Rising prices and a vast diversity of strains unseen ever before!

I believe there will be a move to the development of very fine strains like in the vine industry or even better. :biggrin:

So what do you think?

I am not in any position to tell anyone they should or shouldn't be able to smoke. I also have a very spiritual connection with this plant. I know the outstanding medicinal properties and the diversity of those properties. I also think that there souls be and should always be places to enjoy nature in all forms freely within the world and in many smaller more rural countries to bring tourism! With that said I also need to make feelings and beliefs of mine understood, with the full legalization and regulation of cannabis you open doors you can not close back up. With "the regulatoon" you open doors for many undesirable groups with the backing to have a fear of, to start producing a sterile genetic plant for the sake of profit and gain of one group! When anyone creates a strain by accident or as a professional they are doing the whole world a favor by introduceing a whole new set of terps and cannabinoids that could be that one string that has everything someone else needs to treat there terminal illness or chronic alment. This plant is a gift from god and what we need to understand is that with it illegal we ourselves take risks but with it being illegal it keeps it in the hands of people that only have the means to care and cross it naturally. With it illegal and taking the risk ourselves we protect the purity of the nature of the plant and don't allow the regulation of geneticly modified "wanna be" Ganja. Franco I know and understand your point in the Swaziland expedition but you need to understand that arjan's on the right direction. I know that it could be a great thing in the end but I and I'm pretty sure you know in your heart that this world is not ready to legalize it the right way, 100% natural bugs or other plants to take care of pest "the original all organic" as you said. And some are ready but those of us that could do id it right need to be patient and continue to put ourselves at risk in order to protect the purity of the natural oragins of this amazing plant! If anyone took the time to read this thank you!

I only found this forum looking for a way to let franco know I think arjan was right in Swaziland and I also admire his passion, but I am not on your side of legalization and regulation and I will do everything in my power for my lifetime to protect this plant from full legalization because this world is too filled with greed to not take and destroy one of the few purely natural wonders of the world that is a mirical for millions of people that need this to continue to be a mirical to survive.

Allso it will open up a new BlackMarket which will be a lot more freightning than we have it now.

I hope to see some old Genethics come up who were thaken for lost forever which makes me happy.

Lets see what happens and hope that the big Industries wont brak everything

Cheers

I'm sorry man you need to look at seedfinders website its wiki for seeds and strains you will find under 10% THC without CBD and if you want a daytime and can't get that find a 1:1 ratio CBD to THC less high more happy with the medical benefits and less psychoactive properties. If all that doesn't work just pull it before the trics milky at all. Almost all clear will give you more CBG and less THC therefore less potency.

The price of weed currently in Aberdeen, Scotland = 1.3g for £you're ...yup, I dare the industry to charge more than this! Lol :) It's already extortionate here where I live so legalisation cannot make that any worse I'm sure :)

I've never heard of that kind of insane prices but then again Aberdeen is (or very recently was) oil country so no surprise you're getteen ripped right off.

more like £12.50/G

I am not in any position to tell anyone they should or shouldn't be able to smoke. I also have a very spiritual connection with this plant. I know the outstanding medicinal properties and the diversity of those properties. I also think that there souls be and should always be places to enjoy nature in all forms freely within the world and in many smaller more rural countries to bring tourism! With that said I also need to make feelings and beliefs of mine understood, with the full legalization and regulation of cannabis you open doors you can not close back up. With "the regulatoon" you open doors for many undesirable groups with the backing to have a fear of, to start producing a sterile genetic plant for the sake of profit and gain of one group! When anyone creates a strain by accident or as a professional they are doing the whole world a favor by introduceing a whole new set of terps and cannabinoids that could be that one string that has everything someone else needs to treat there terminal illness or chronic alment. This plant is a gift from god and what we need to understand is that with it illegal we ourselves take risks but with it being illegal it keeps it in the hands of people that only have the means to care and cross it naturally. With it illegal and taking the risk ourselves we protect the purity of the nature of the plant and don't allow the regulation of geneticly modified "wanna be" Ganja. Franco I know and understand your point in the Swaziland expedition but you need to understand that arjan's on the right direction. I know that it could be a great thing in the end but I and I'm pretty sure you know in your heart that this world is not ready to legalize it the right way, 100% natural bugs or other plants to take care of pest "the original all organic" as you said. And some are ready but those of us that could do id it right need to be patient and continue to put ourselves at risk in order to protect the purity of the natural oragins of this amazing plant! If anyone took the time to read this thank you!

I only found this forum looking for a way to let franco know I think arjan was right in Swaziland and I also admire his passion, but I am not on your side of legalization and regulation and I will do everything in my power for my lifetime to protect this plant from full legalization because this world is too filled with greed to not take and destroy one of the few purely natural wonders of the world that is a mirical for millions of people that need this to continue to be a mirical to survive.

Just how far up your own arse is your head?

I take it you've not been to Amsterdam, for the smoke over there is far better than where I live. I remember the years of plastic,sand and glass yes glass mixed into hash and weed. Hash smuggled in on boats where it was hidden in the fuel tank with a taste so bad the product was thrown away.

so I say yeah go ahead legalise it so we can grow our own and buy with confidence knowing what you buy is what its meant to be!

Just how far up your own arse is your head?

I take it you've not been to Amsterdam, for the smoke over there is far better than where I live. I remember the years of plastic,sand and glass yes glass mixed into hash and weed. Hash smuggled in on boats where it was hidden in the fuel tank with a taste so bad the product was thrown away.

so I say yeah go ahead legalise it so we can grow our own and buy with confidence knowing what you buy is what its meant to be!

I'm sorry your a complete idiot and don't check or smell your shit before you buy it. I'm telling you right not that you legalize it Monsanto or anyone else with the "power"  will be using it to make the plant and everyone that smokes it completely sterile (ONE EXAMPLE OF WHAT COULD HAPPEND, AS OPPOSED TO THE FACT THAT YEA SOME PEOPLE USE ITS NATURAL PROPERTIES TO RIP OFF UNKNOWING HIGH SCHOOL KIDS THAT WILL BUY SHIT WITH GLASS IN IT). No more seed No more weed! No more kids from Marijuana smokers in there mind no more need for weed! just incase i needed to simplify the book i wrote up there so your dumb ass would take the time. maybe if you took the time to check you bag like you would check original post like i said i think we should have places like amsterdam and thailand and vacation spots and i think Colorado and Washington are robbing those vacation spots i don't think the whole world is not ready for recreationally legalization(On average the people of the world are too lazy) (if your too lazy to check your shit for glass you will be to lazy to care what is going into the growing and breeding of that amazing plant you smoke). Medical full legalization around the world!!!!!!! Thats the only thing i will back up 100% and some vacation spots around the world (and its already legal in a lot of spots like that)

JUST INCASE YOU DONT READY THE WHOLE POST BECAUSE ITS TOO LONG >>>>>>>"BIG G"

IF YOUR TOO LAZY TO CHECK YOUR SHIT OR TO DEPENDENT TO NOT BUY SHIT WITH GLASS YOU DONT HAVE ANY PLACE TO LEGALIZE IT! 

BASIC ECONOMICS: If you and others don't buy the shit then there wont be a demand for shit and you might find something better if you have patients!

(I HOPE THAT THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE THAT WOULD LIKE TO HAVE AN INTELLECTUAL CONVERSATION ABOUT THIS SUBJECT BECAUSE I KNOW THAT THE WORLD ISNT PROTECTING US WITH THESE LAW ON A NATURAL PLANT BUT I THINK THOSE LAWS INADVERTENTLY PROTECT THE PLANT AND ITS NATURAL PURITY) (WATCH "FOOD INC." AND UNDERSTAND THIS IS ONLY PART OF MY FEAR AS NOT ONLY ARE THERE THE ONES WITH MONEY THAT HAVE SELFISH DESIRES BUT THERE ARE THE LAZY ONES THAT WILL ONLY GROW IT NOT PROVIDE A CLOSE TO PERFECT ENVIRONMENT TO ALLOW THE PLANT TO THRIVE TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL NATURALLY) The jamaican expedition comes to mind and all the for they do for natural hydro! its truly amazing and proves that anything in life worth having doesn't come easy!

First of all, sweettooth, please stay respectful in your messages, it is ok to disagree and even recomended otherwise there is no discussion, but no need to be agresive in your sentences it can only have as reaction another agresive message and like this start wars on forum.. And we dont want it, so if you are not able to answer calmly just ignore the message, if you feel like discuting or just disagree, do it with calm too please ;)

And second about legalization... i dont know i'm shared between the opinion of sweetooth, and the wil to finally see that plant considered as a normal plant and just live our life. The reason why i think full legalization could be dangerous are the same as mentionned above, they COULD be taken in a few years by big industries, Monsanto and others.. but on the other side i think it could be necessary to have this fight now. Rather we want it or not, monsanto loves cannabis, they have invested something like 80 billions dollars in uruguay for the legaliztion so dont be fools, there are here, and probably have it for a long time already.

The thing is i have the, hope, that the cannabis comunity will be strong enough to say no. For me, we have the chance that the cannabis comunity worldwide is widly connected, a news in the cannabis world goes really fast to spread, and if there is one thing where everything in the industry agree is, they dont want these big corporate, so yeah maybeeee they could be stopped and not succeed in their plans if the comunity has that same strong wil to not see this happen, sure they will still be here and probably have somethings on the market, but it is up to us to make sure those things dont gain any popularity because of lack of knowledge or something like this.

We have the chance to be here at the beginning of everything, so it will be our duty to make it correctly.. But Before everything, let them legalize it medically in as many place as posible, and then lets talk about recreational ;)

Cheers

• Like 2

Agreed 100% first off... That's what I woke up to this morning and there is and was not a need to reply that way he just set off my side of why its dangerous for everyone that has a lack of understanding on how much work it takes to get quality and how much harder it really does get to find that when everyone and there mom starts growing on top of big buissness frustration.

Second off your totally right and I do believe going medical first in order to make each community understand what the potential of this plant really is will be the only way to do it right. The biggest problem I see is the greed I've had people try to plant mites mold and other problematic things around my house to infect my garden as well as people that seem like another individual looking to spread the wonder of CBD and it was a set up all because of intimidation of knowledge because that's what I believe will allow us to understand this plant fully. Luckaly I've gone through and none have been successful but it shows the greed in the people over money. I offer free medication to anyone that is terminally ill for as long as I'm there caregiver. I don't want anything in return just knowing that I help raise there health to allow that person to thrive in life, Because at that point when you have to fight just to live you truly understand its value and see what is really important and surly don't waste it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

If herb is legalised it will definitely affect street prices, back in the early 2000's here in the UK herb was reclassified from class B to class C and after a month or so the price dropped from £100 an OZ to £60 an OZ it was great, it was only £15 for a quarter of Sputnik hash which was the only thing people were selling at that time, initially use went up but then it dropped off because the place was awash with cheap herb and lots of people actually thought it had been legalised, so it was not illicit and exciting anymore.

Although over time as more people start to grow their own stash and become less dependent on buying commercial black market herb and as the demand decreases and profits, it will disrupt the black market and there will be less incentive for big criminal gangs to be involved with herb, they will just focus on stuff like ecstasy, coke and skag where the real profits can be found, you can make more money smuggling a kilo of coke or smack then cutting it to make 2 kilos or even 3 if it is 100% pure, most street smack is less than 50% usually about 30%, and thats considered good shit.

You just can't do that with herb this is why nobody is smuggling any hash into the UK anymore, they are setting up farms in rented properties which is cheaper and less risky than crossing borders.

I though prices down here in Lancashire were bad at £240 to £280 an OZ, but shit man £18 per gramme, Jeesam Peas thats £504 on the OZ, OUCH thats painful...

I also think that the involvement of big businesses is a problem and the fact that Cannabis is already being described as an emerging market, anyone with that mindset will definitely see it as something to exploit, the problem is these people only want to sell stuff in large quantities they don't give a fuck what the stuff is as long as they can sell lots of it and make shit loads of money, which will involve all sorts of marketing hype, and it will be Reefer Madness in reverse and every Babylonian and their dog jumping on the band wagon.

A good example of this is a video I watched a few days ago about a woman in her late 40's somewhere in the USA or Canada who has decided she might like to start smoking herb again because she can now buy it legally in shiny branded packaging, which definitely appealed to her as a consumer, and she was wondering if smoking a few spliff could replace drinking Pinot Grigio with her friends, at first people like this try herb simply because it is legal and they want to see what all the fuss is about, but they will just go back to suppin rum, chattin shit an fallin over, just like they did before.

• 3 years later...