Calcium deficiency?

firefighter

yes, im not going to argue about basic plant chemistry in a forum:) i will leave that alone, if you find something wrong with my initial conclusion about your npk ratio being way off and cal/mg ratio  go ahead and prove me wrong i say what i see and i see the company is bs'ing you, im not the one who is selling the nutrients but i can see its far from the recommended npk for cannabis in any grow phase

you asked help not me, if you dont like my answerits fine dont hang on it if your not going to take it

i wish you all good and hope you can fix your npk and cal/mg ratio like i first suggested

10-40-20 lol

OK, finally I got an answer from Mr.  den Hartog, director of Metrop and his permission to publish the answer. So be it.

The most of the element P in a plant or a tree is in the roots. Without P you can not build a big root system even if you give a very strong root stimulator......without P you do not develop much roots.

P is also the starter for flowering....so also for that you need a higher amount of P in a certain stage. Not as books from Jorge Servantes or Ed Rosenthal say that you need P to get big flowers!! That is a total other element and story.

To get big roots...you need to have a higher P content than the other elements.

We developed the fertilizers and schedules by taking each 2 weeks half a kilo leaves where we squeezed out the juice, frozen it, and analyzed exact the amount of macro and micro elements in the plant so we know exact what to give and what not to give.

That is why for example we use 3 different types of Nitrogen because each type have a different function.

About those books.... many info is completely wrong.. both writers are not growers, they are journalists who copy information from fertilizer companies in the hobby market who only have big marketing money, but not real knowledge about plants.

I gave Jorge Servantes one time the permission to use some info from my website, but he changed it in to his own words so people could not see it was copied, but changed it on such a way that it is not correct any more.

Ca and P..... it can not be in one and the same bottle. If it is in the same bottle, it will react to gyps.

That is why you have often a A&B fertilizer. A contents the P, and B contents the Ca.

A one compound fertilizer is that for always not such a good fertilizer and only works on rich calcium soils.

If they claim there is Ca and P in it... it is useless, can not be taken by the plant....you can test this simple by using it on a hydro medium..the plant will not grow.

Ca and P will react to gyps.... but also when you mix it wrong in the water tank.

Because Ca and P react together in a alkaline environment. (high pH) but not in a acid environment.

So if you put in first Calcium.... the pH will raze up.... and if the pH is a little to high...and you put P in it, it will react together...... You will see or straight away clouds in the water, or you get a lot of dirt on the side of the tank.

If you put in P first, the pH go down....and than when that is mixed well, the water is acid and the Ca can get in without problems.

Also other products what you throw in the water...when you see clouds, it is not good, you mixed wrong.

Cheers,

Robbie den Hartog

Director

So friends of friends are just trying it out with two fields of White Widow: one with Metrop and one with GH Hybrid Powder Feed. Maybe we will know then if it is necessary to have calcium in the fertilizer or not and if single fertilizers are also very good and if you need so much P.... :banghead:

Firefighter

march 15: The field with Powder feeding is in the 3rd week of flowering now and looks really really good. I will post pics later. The field with Metrop has a good yield but plants look stressed.

To reach the end of this: PF gained more yield, about 20% more than Metrop but I doubt it is good to use it from early veg on. It is likely to burn the young delicate rrotsa in teh beginning due to high magnesium.

• Like 2