starting my own need guidence

SPACEMONKEY

Welcome on SH forum man!

Best of luck for your venture with growing, be prepared to become an Addict!! :P :P but not to the weed, to it's cultivation ;)

If you have any question on groing to which you don't find answers on the forum, feel free to open a thread in the correct room and ask it :)

and if you have any problem on the forum don't hesitate to contact the mod team and we'll do our best to help you out

Have a good discovering of the place

• Like 1

Welcome to Sh forum bro, 

Unfortunately, it is impossible to send seeds to the United States for legal reasons. You already know the policy of your country, it is very strict. 

Good luck and if you need any help on the forum, are at your disposal;) 

Regards!
  • Like 1

well so far i know my seeds have shipped .....from where i wont say but to start a single plant  my question is dealing with autoflower....and lighting..whats the min i can get away with as far as wattage in concerned...250watt on hps and another MH 250 watt sufficient?

well decided to go led for economic and foreseeable heat issues ( super hot summers!!!) electric bill will kill me with reg 400w grow lights fans etc....also getting a grow tent about 4x4 from Growace.....to start...my big worry is the heat tolerance for autos..cannabis in general. also we get some 60 plus humidity days as well...but here is my led lights im leaning towards...remember according to specs...this covers 4x4 area. soooooo...whata ya think? Im an avid outside gardener chili plants ...tomatoes ...okra..that type of stuff so i know what the heat can do to a plant...or entire crop....so heres a pic ..lay down your thumbs up or "are you stupid" opinions lol..oh and it will be in my garage not in house. ..garage can hit 100f sometimes!!!

• Like 1

hi man, nice i hope the LED will do you good! for sure less electricity bill than a 400HPS ^^

For the pics check here http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/3217-insert-images-and-videos-in-new-forum/

You will not be able to post link until 10 posts normally but if you have a pic on your comp you can still upload it :)

Have a good day

• Like 1

@ Spacemonkey

I have been growing auto's in 60% humidity for a few years,remarkably successfully indoors.

Outdoors unfortunately i have watched mould resistant strains rot from the core(Flash seeds Chaze)

Heat can be managed with proper ventilation and cab circulation.

Setting light hours during the night time also helps with high daytime temps,but light proofing becomes paramount as things can get bright,and very very pink

Co2 supplementation will also increase heat tolerance somewhat,in addition to increasing growth.

Unfortunately due to your high humidity swamp cooler type solutions wont be of much help.

Regarding germination,i have found some seeds do not take well to presoaking in my area,but obviously test for your environment.

Best of luck,cant wait to see that panel of yours

Cheers

McB

• Like 1

Good luck on your grow. I experimented with autos about 2 years back, definitely interesting. In my experience the key thing after choosing the strain is getting it the lumens. The more light the better, I would avoid skimping on your lights, yes you may save a few bucks but the end result will be less. Especially in autos! I prefer the sun system 2s running 1000 watts with 6 inch ducting. If your short on cash don't blow $ on co2. Worried about humidity? Get a dehumidifier from amazon or ebay make sure you also have a set up for Intake and exhaust fans. Air exchange is crucial!

Make sure to keep a clean grow room and use preventative methods to avoid spider mites. Trashing all your plants because of those little asshole can be a real aggravation.

Most importantly enjoy yourself. I find that a boom box/radio in or near the grow space can improve general moral greatly!

Cheers!

• Like 1

now remember my grow space will only be 4ftx4ftx5ft....so i notice growace has a whole package deal ...light ..grow tent ..fans ...yadda yadda....now it does give the option of going LED OR other grow light combos. anybody give me a what to watch out for as far as these deals? and thanks for all the feed back..im like a sponge absorbing all this info...cant wait to get started...i want to get started with minimal issues and problems although i know i will run into some. i believe in the 6 P's ..proper planning prevents piss poor performance!! Spacemonkey out!!!!!

LED can be misleading, one of the most common tricks is that (150w led =400w hid or some similar quote[hps or metal halide]) this is not true at least for now. As far as tents are concerned I have used the secret garden tents and one other brand I can't remember the name. They are nifty because of pre made holes for fans and lighting attachments but are damn near impossible to set up by yourself and the cheaper ones tend to leak light or have faulty zippers or easily torn. I have found you can assemble your own for a fraction of the cost using the clothing closets sold at Walmart (About $30) or you can custom build one from materials found at lowes/homedepot. Always check on Craigslist for deals.(used gear is fine, if you think about it the first time you plug something in it is technically used) Depending on your budget there are tons of options. If you want post a link to the items you are looking at and I will be glad to help as best I can.

• Like 1