GRAFT in cannabis

GRAFT on cannabis: 

Do grafting is an art of joining two plants of the same family, to make a better genetic or accelerate the process of fruiting on fruit trees. 

Already for some time I have been researching for grafting in cannabis, but little or nothing is on the topic. 

So I decided I own the experience, the rootstock is from a seed given by a friend, is a skunk that was polinisado by a regular unknown species, and the fork is Aurora Indica. 

Will do 15 days like I did grafting. This to show signs of development that is a sign that the graft may be making the connection. 

At the time that the graft did not I take pictures, but today I'll try to take some pictures.
  • Like 2

well done

ive often thought about this.. the test will be now on how it grows.. i cant see it being an issue.. altho i cant see the purpose

one purpose i can see with doing this is grafting a few strains to the one root stock to keep as a mother plant.. for this.. this would be perfect..

again ...well done

• Like 1

This is my second attempt, the other had tried on a branch, but did not dehydrate and binding. 

Now I made the main trunk, lost a little green, but this to show signs of improvement, and if it was not making the connection had already wilted and died. A little more than 15 days the graft was done.
  • Like 1

this has peaked my interest,i will be grafting WSS onto an ac genetics turbo jack auto i have partially harvested.

will post pics once the WSS is ready.

starting at the bottom and will complicate as needed,sterile cutting into V cut on host,dip donor cutting in clonex and tape up

• Like 1

is not necessary for Clonex, since what we want is that both sides are stitched to the sap flow. 

One case is often the case that dehydration of the tissue, resulting in no binding of tissues.

It is very important that drivers tissues (xylem & phloem) rootstock and fork are flush connection to make and circulate sap to feed the graft.

Please note as well to isolate the graft not to dehydrate.

• Like 1

This is very interesting, as a Question if a cannabis clone is grafted to a differnt rootstock lets say a veggie or tree any plant beside cannabis , and it grew is it still a cannabis plant?

peace Bushy

• Like 1

Perfect friend, it looks great. 

Years ago, I had a mother plant, with 6 branches, one in genetics. Each branch was fabulous but she kept her features, never anything strange or amazing. 

Maybe you have more luck than me!

• Like 1

I think this is gorgeous, had no idea this was possible on herbs, i know they do the same thing with fruit trees, though and vine stocks of course but Cannabis ? Amazin what a miracle this plants actually is.The one question I got. I guess you need a mother plant for this, it must have a more wooden structure than our usual fast flowering genetics from seed I doubt Autos are a good choice for this method. The one reason I see s in fact saving space on motherplants, If you like say 4 or 5 strains enough to grow them over and over again all you need is a single mother plants.

But the plants in that video were deivering buds. Okay the goal was to have a larger variety of strains than the law allows. 25 instead of 5,the basic plant on which they others are grafted on was a mother plant or just from seed ?

• Like 2

Bushy, To make the grafts, the plants must be the same everywhere. 

In this case the family is (Cannabis) all cannabis plants can be compatible with each other, probably some will be better than others. 
Plants or other family is almost impossible to happen.
  • Like 1

Jose.gh, The rootstock is mostly Sativa, and fork (Aurora Indica) is 80% Indica. 

I hope to get a good result, is now waiting to see

I have seen similar experiments, but the graft has never advance or shortened flowering time, if the branch is indicated, kept short flowering if sativa, long. 

However, you never know, maybe you can achieve a fantastic discovery. I will be very attentive to their results. Personally, I think a great experiment, very interesting and eager to see your results. 

Thanks for sharing!
  • Like 1

a graft of anything to a root stock wont take on the characteristics of the rootstock.

the only thing is that the plant varieties come from the same genus.. you cant graft an apple to an orange tree, but any other citrus fruit is fine on any citrus rootstock.

with fruit trees, they graft an apple variety to an older rootstock so the tree bears fruit in the first season.. rather than waiting 5 - 7 years for the tree to mature.. grapes are the same...

the graft will always be the same as the tree it came from.. same as a clone.. the genes dont change

i remember when i was young my grandpa had an apple tree with 4 types of apples.. and an orange tree that had lemons, limes and 2 types of orange

edit : how ever.. when you get a dwarf orange tree.. its usually a normal variety of orange grafted to a dwarf root stock.. and the plant stays dwarf... i dont know why.. some one with a botanical degree might want to explain that a bit further.. id like to know..

• Like 1

I have seen similar experiments, but the graft has never advance or shortened flowering time, if the branch is indicated, kept short flowering if sativa, long. 

However, you never know, maybe you can achieve a fantastic discovery. I will be very attentive to their results. Personally, I think a great experiment, very interesting and eager to see your results. 

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for strength. 
if this graft result, then I'll try to Critical Mass with Aurora Indica

a graft of anything to a root stock wont take on the characteristics of the rootstock.

the only thing is that the plant varieties come from the same genus.. you cant graft an apple to an orange tree, but any other citrus fruit is fine on any citrus rootstock.

with fruit trees, they graft an apple variety to an older rootstock so the tree bears fruit in the first season.. rather than waiting 5 - 7 years for the tree to mature.. grapes are the same...

the graft will always be the same as the tree it came from.. same as a clone.. the genes dont change

i remember when i was young my grandpa had an apple tree with 4 types of apples.. and an orange tree that had lemons, limes and 2 types of orange

edit : how ever.. when you get a dwarf orange tree.. its usually a normal variety of orange grafted to a dwarf root stock.. and the plant stays dwarf... i dont know why.. some one with a botanical degree might want to explain that a bit further.. id like to know..

I've been studying botany, when making a graft must be borne in mind to choose a vigorous plant, the genetic graft is not quanlidade, will cause the plant does not develop normally, as the fork will produce fruits with their genetic characteristics and some rootstock. 
For example: if the rootstock is Orange, and the fork is will give a lemon lime less acid.
  • Like 1