PK 13/ 14 with Powder Feeding

firefighter

You can use it as the info on the bottle says - 2 weeks all in all , between week 2 and 4 sparks up the budding, 3 to 5 the same. For later stages use another product like Bud Candy or Shooting Powder and for the last week RIPEN from GHE and flush them only 3 days before harvest. You can add hony or molasses too, even GUAANO on soil of curse - never in a water reservoir cause it might turn to alcohol.If you need that is another question. We have seen so many top buds with only the Powder feeding but for that you must be very precise in the ph level and the EC - minor changes during various stages affect the girls already.I used PK 13/14 and Power Zyme plus a root enhancer last BESIDES the various powders (Sativa/Indica/Hybrid). More important though is the soil quality and the root development plus lights.Powder Feed got everything our beloved plants need, so these are simply put additives to please the girls and giving us the feeling we did the best we could.

As I said in another topic- You never know how the outcome would have been with only powder feeding and vice versa..

The closest to know the differences would be cuttings, raise a few with only powder feeding in the same soil and size pot and the same amount with PK 13/14 and 2 or more  with all those products yougot or like trying out.

• Like 2

Not reall, I always used any kind of bud candy or shooting powder along the Powder feeding and PK 13/14 during the last grow. As I said with seeds you always get different phenoes and/or more and less weight - so a test makes no sense unless you grow from a mother plant with clones and I only grow from seed .

• Like 1

Not reall, I always used any kind of bud candy or shooting powder along the Powder feeding and PK 13/14 during the last grow. As I said with seeds you always get different phenoes and/or more and less weight - so a test makes no sense unless you grow from a mother plant with clones and I only grow from seed .

well shooting powder is a bit nasty for my taste. But I understand you so far, that some bud booster is a good thing with Powder feeding.

man until now I am impressed about the lush green foliage and healthy plants.....

• Like 1

At least it does no harm- I am sure you can do without - it is up to you - In fact that House & Garden shooting powder worked great for me.  It is more of a bud ignitor/enhancer unlike the PK 13/14 that only adds potassium and kalium, which is in the powderfeeding in sufficient doses anyway- To get the right amount at that certain stage it is crucial to stick exactly to the right ph level and watch the EC properly. If done correctly you can just forget adding more PK !

Zymes, Rhizotonics or booster  are a different bunch. 

I personally like to  use Rhizotonic or advanced nutrients root enhancer in the early stages and Zymes during the whole grow. just rea about the Canna booster and it seems to be real cool product - oterwise powderfeed has a lot of those irons ad micro elements, too - so it might have the same effect

You are right, my plants love the feeding, too. such a vivid green and good growth, no curly leaves, no yellow tips etc.

Edited by Bam-Bhole
  • Like 1

At least it does no harm- I am sure you can do without - it is up to you - In fact that House & Garden shooting powder worked great for me.  It is more of a bud ignitor/enhancer unlike the PK 13/14 that only adds potassium and kalium, which is in the powderfeeding in sufficient doses anyway- To get the right amount at that certain stage it is crucial to stick exactly to the right ph level and watch the EC properly. If done correctly you can just forget adding more PK !

Zymes, Rhizotonics or booster  are a different bunch. 

I personally like to  use Rhizotonic or advanced nutrients root enhancer in the early stages and Zymes during the whole grow. just rea about the Canna booster and it seems to be real cool product - oterwise powderfeed has a lot of those irons ad micro elements, too - so it might have the same effect

You are right, my plants love the feeding, too. such a vivid green and good growth, no curly leaves, no yellow tips etc.

At least it does no harm- I am sure you can do without - it is up to you - In fact that House & Garden shooting powder worked great for me.  It is more of a bud ignitor/enhancer unlike the PK 13/14 that only adds potassium and kalium, which is in the powderfeeding in sufficient doses anyway- T

Shooting powder is designed in a way that it goes directly into the bud it is like stuffing it into them and they don't have a choice - like stuffed goose for a fat liver ;-) But it is highly effective, no doubt, it adds weight. I use metrop Bloom stimulator and carbo load, root stimultor from H&G.

• Like 1

PK is always necessary in the whole culture, depending on the stage, more or less amount (also depends on the genetics you're growing). 

For example, PK is also very good for growing root development, but if you use earth as substrate, soil quality, no need to use any fertilizer until at least the third week of growth. :)

PK is always necessary in the whole culture, depending on the stage, more or less amount (also depends on the genetics you're growing). 

For example, PK is also very good for growing root development, but if you use earth as substrate, soil quality, no need to use any fertilizer until at least the third week of growth. :)

Yeah right. Bute here the question was: how and when to use it with GHS Powder Feeding? And that question is still not answered.

• Like 1

Sorry friend, I sometimes confuses (smoking things lol)

The answer is: NO, emphatically not.

Powder Feeding specific (sativa, indica or hybrid), comes with a complete composition PK for the flowering stage. You only need to increase or decrease the amount of PF in irrigation, depending on the stage of flowering. (It is good to have an EC meter)

If you add other extra allowances, Powder Feeding, you can over-fertilize their plants, is a very high risk and ill-advised.

Powder Feeding is designed and prepared to be used exclusively. No other additives (PK, stimulator, etc ...). Just need to add PF and properly calibrate the ph.

Personally, when I do not use PF in the irrigation water, add Enzymes sometimes, they are good for removing dead roots. That alone, never other additives.

Regards bro! 

• Like 1

Sorry friend, I sometimes confuses (smoking things lol)

The answer is: NO, emphatically not.

Thank you! That was harm reduction in its best way - I guess not many people outside GHS knew that. It lowers fertilzer costs by more than 70%, amazing and the results look very promising so far! :bye:

What about those amino acid containing stimulators like Amino Bloom by metrop? I can not see any interference with Powder Feeding?

• Like 1

Well, everything has an answer of course. 

Powder Feeding has been studied for years (and tested), before finally being sold. Its composition contain absolutely everything needed for cannabis cultivation, with very good results.

I grow in coco, inert substrate, only with Powder Feeding. The results are excellent, even superior to other much more expensive products, economically speaking, but do not want to name names, or create absurd wars between brands. 

Coconut contains nothing is inert, Powder Feeding provides everything you need and the plants never have shortcomings. 

In production, is excellent, though not forget that genetics is the main thing for a good production. A little genetic producer, never be a great producer, but we use the best fertilizer in the world, is pure genetics. 

A Super Critical for example, will give you  amazing buds, using either Powder Feeding.

No need to add any amino acid, or anything similar. Powder Feeding is designed to be used alone, without any other additive.  

Of course, each person is free to mix what you want. But it is not recommended. Mixing products can cause acidity levels of bad, bad solutions of some nutrients, etc ... If you mix, it's just your own risk. Remember it is not necessary, since PF is complete.

Regards! 

• Like 3

Okay, I agree with you to a certain point, though. Mixing fertilizers is never a good idea BUT if like me you use a root enhancer before the need of fertilizers  (I grow on soil) I see no problems wüth over feeding. Same goes for the use of Power Zyme alone before changing pot sizes or once per month to turn the dead root materials into sugar .Finally regarding PK 13/14 , adding some PK for 2 weeks and leaving the powder feeding alone during these 2  weeks ? I mean the plants do not need Nitrogen during that part of flowering and Nitrogen is inside the powder feeding.

I am not saying or have stated that you need or should use thse products when you got the great Powder Feeding but if you got these produts left anyway do you think I should not use them in the way I state above ?

I really like to know. One thing is clear to me. Besides root tonics or Zymes I will NOT buy any other products than PF.

Another question. I got Sativa + Indica powder. The Hybrid Powder is used up - I am a Hybrid lover..lol

Right now i grow King's Kush, Exodus cheese, White Widow, Jack Herer and Damnesia ( Auto ). I use Sativa feeding one time  Mixing 10 litres with the 10 gram packs I got, next time I use Indica Powder- same strength, then one run with  only water. What about mixing Sativa + Indica powder say 1 to 3 for the plants that are 30 / 70 Sativa/Indica anyway?

I feel safer not to mix the powder but is it okay to mix the two ?

No intention to buy more Hybrid Powder atm. .

• Like 1

Well, every farmer is different, as they say  :)  In Spain there is a saying "every teacher has his book" is a way of saying that each person makes his own way, not because it has to be better, not worse, just your way.

PF hybrid has a special formula, extra magnesium, a nutrient-consuming varieties which originate the "white" family.

I can not advise on how to mix powders, each has a specific design, but if you want to mix and it works well, congratulations on it  ;)

Have a nice weekend! Jose

• Like 2

Again thank you Jose - one of the most valuable infos ever here! Friends were just about to mix some PK13/14 in it when your posts popped up.....and in general: overfeeding and bad outcome of mixing is highly underestimated by us. Many probs arise from that, because we all want to do extra good for our babies....

Cheers

Firefighter

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, everything has an answer of course. 

Powder Feeding has been studied for years (and tested), before finally being sold. Its composition contain absolutely everything needed for cannabis cultivation, with very good results.
I grow in coco, inert substrate, only with Powder Feeding. The results are excellent, even superior to other much more expensive products, economically speaking, but do not want to name names, or create absurd wars between brands.

I agree now, after testing with much more expensive products and the same strains: Powdeer feeding gives better buds and more yield than many other brands I know.

But: I would not use it from the very beginning or you have to be very careful becaus ethe high amount of magnesium is too much for starting plants. But for later veg and flowerrting it is excellent.

That is all I can say because we have tested it really.

• Like 2

But then you should NOT feed seedlings at all, they got everything they needed genetically within themselves for the first 10 to 14 days, after that you can start with lower doses, till ready to flowering cycle then full 1 g / 10 litres - Last 2 weeks leave them and best do not over feed or over water, then you get the best taste - delicious !

• Like 2

I agree with Bam-Bhole if you use pk-13/14 and boost (canna most often unless you live near me) no Powder feed is needed it is depending on the stage. In late flowering your plants don't really need N anymore. PH levels are as Bam-Bhole said are very important as being ventilation and low HM levels last stage! Powder feeding is better to suplement with what Bam-Bhole said I personally use AN bud blaster only 2nd week of flowering as an additive with PF and last 2 or 3 weeks depending on strain. The difference of using additives next to PF and not using them though are very limited!!!

• Like 1

Aloha, The Powderfeeds are complete except for Calcium a critical macroelement needed in substantial amounts (80-150 PPM) for good bud and seed production. It is a good thing to have a source water analysis so you know the Calcium, Magnesium, and Boron levels in your tap water.

• Like 1

FLOWERING STAGE: PF will lower your PH so if u add some PK13/14(few drops-start very very small amount=1ml/5L water) your PH goes UP and is right thing. After week 5 or 6 stop use any Powder or fertilizer. Sativas may need some more nitrogen up to week 8.

I have grow with PK+PF always- non problemos:-)

Bam is right:-) 

Keep Growing!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Aloha, The Powderfeeds are complete except for Calcium a critical macroelement needed in substantial amounts (80-150 PPM) for good bud and seed production. It is a good thing to have a source water analysis so you know the Calcium, Magnesium, and Boron levels in your tap water.

Hi bro, how are you?

The PF was designed to be really simple and be use with tap water.

Around the globe most of the countries that prepare a drinkable water add enough Ca Mg and Fe for the plants. The PF was designed to use with waters of 0.7 EC. 

If you use osmosis water, rain water, or have a lower EC in your treated tap water you might have to add a little Ca and Mg.

Take care.

• Like 3

Hi bro, how are you?

Around the globe most of the countries that prepare a drinkable water add enough Ca Mg and Fe for the plants. The PF was designed to use with waters of 0.7 EC. 

If you use osmosis water, rain water, or have a lower EC in your treated tap water you might have to add a little Ca and Mg.

Take care.

Aloha Franco, Using recent research from the USA we are looking at Calcium levels between 90-140 ppm depending on the strain, stage of growth, and light levels. I have found any less and you will have problems here at elevation in Hawai'i with high light levels.

Hi bro, how are you?

Take care.

Aloha Franco, So how many PPM or mMol/l-1 of Calcium would you consider a minimum requirement (90 PPM or 2.24 mMol ??)

Aloha Franco, Using recent research from the USA we are looking at Calcium levels between 90-140 ppm depending on the strain, stage of growth, and light levels. I have found any less and you will have problems here at elevation in Hawai'i with high light levels.

What I find amazing is, that according to most scientific research PF should not do as well as it actually does. All expensive fert. products I know have much higher P ratios for flowering and more calcium and less N.

But the  best results and no problems I get with PF ( and I do not get money for writing this)

• Like 1