AIR CONDITIONING IN THE ROOM

antonella

Brothers I would like your help, because we the summer is very hot 40C +, I'm going to put air conditioning in the large room of 50 square meters, what do you suggest me to pair air conditioning + extractors? or just a big air conditioner?

• Like 1

I agree with zub0.. You will need intake fans as well as extraction fans to ensure that enough air is being replaced ind the room  because the plants need a'lot of Co2 during day time and fresh air during night time and with your intake and extraction fans you can control the humidity to some level. Then you will need circulating fans to move the air around in the room because you don't want air to stand still around your buds especially late in bloom to prevent bud mold and to make the stems stronger in veg stage. But with 40c in the room you will certainly need an air condition to control the temperature   

• Like 1

The outside temperature is 40 ° C during the summer in my area, in the winter with the extractors can maintain an optimum temperature both day and night, but in the summer with outside temperatures of 40-42 ° C, I do not think enough. also changing the air with the extractors, the incoming air will be very hot and not be able to cool the room. What I want to know is, if I can use extractors and air conditioning making them work together??

yes u should be able to get it working with aircondition and extraction fans u do however need circulation fans also to circulate what air is in room many roo designs online if u go have a look ;)

The outside temperature is 40 ° C during the summer in my area, in the winter with the extractors can maintain an optimum temperature both day and night, but in the summer with outside temperatures of 40-42 ° C, I do not think enough. also changing the air with the extractors, the incoming air will be very hot and not be able to cool the room. What I want to know is, if I can use extractors and air conditioning making them work together??

Hi, bro you will need to use the fans less than usual so you don´t bring too much hot in the room.

But as the guys said above, you will need to change the air anyways.

Your other option is to close the place totally and use  Co2 with the air conditioning on.

Take care.

• Like 3

atm you have intake and exhaust fans right?.. ill assume you do...

the thing is with ac.. it depends on your situation.. the air exchange for your entire room should happen in minutes.. like with in 5 or so mins you should be completely changing the air in the room.. unless like fran said, youre going to go with co2..

with co2 , injection systems .. you need to have shut off fans so the co2 levels can build.. this usually works on a 50mins closed 10 mins open.. to replenish the air.. then closed again to let build up..

with this system you can go reverse cycle (refrigerated) air cond.. which can heat or cool, ofc you can get just cool..

this system needs the air to recirculate through the unit to cool more effectively. This wouldnt be as effective if your air is exchanging every 5 - 10 mins.. like running the ac in your car while driving with the windows open...

this is an expensive way to go...

a much cheaper way would be to get an evapourative air cooler, this way the cooler air can be injected into the room connected to your intake fans.. this system relies on the air exchange to work effectively.. it needs exhaust air or the humidity will build up too much..

another way to go... if youre growing in a tent.. or a room with in a room.. you can just cool that room and let the intake and exhaust fans work as normal with the cooler air..

it is an expensive thing to do to AC a room.. not only to set up.. but to run.. especially if youre going for refrigerated AC

so re evaluate your situation.. if youre only getting a few hot days here and there.. you might get away with opening a door to cool it a little..

you should also be running your light at night time and have them off during the hotter part of the day.. not just for summer, for winter as well..