yorkshirekush

when to plant seeds outdoor uk

19 posts in this topic

hello yorkshireKush here  i stopped smoking cannabis years ago but always wanted to grow my own for a experiment 

indoors is not a option at the moment so it will have to be out doors 

hoping to get a few plants going this year 

when is the best time to plant seeds in the UK ? 

as I am new to this  

I have 3 dutch passion holland hope feminized  seeds 

and 10 nirvana swiss cheese feminized  seeds 

my plan is to get these started  inside or in my porch which gets a lot of light all day  then move to a different location 

I am trying to find a spot where i can dig a hole and fill with good soil mix from garden center then plant the started plants in 

free seeds below 

1 world of seeds strawberry blue feminized  planted in garden in a pot  ( maybe too early  7th april )

and 2 regular Hawaiian skunk planted in pots also  7th april 

if anyone has any tips or suggestions let me know 

1 person likes this

Yeh the ones u put in garden will be good april/may seems best for a good veg period .but try put some sort of wind deflector around it

1 person likes this

They will all be good to go bro just keep them safe while there young.

1 person likes this

Cheers lad was worried I started too early

It's still need a spot to put the rest in but can't find anywhere out of the way as of yet

1 person likes this

The third week of May is a good time to move them outside permanently.

1 person likes this

Right I planted 3 seeds straight out door on the 7th no sign of life yet could they be dead

1 person likes this

We still have to wait for the last frost in Canada, so I will start mine indoors around the first week of May and then move them outdoors the third week of May as we can be pretty sure that we will get no more frost after that date.

2 people like this

1 of the regular hawian skunk has shot up

The other 2 seeds seem to have not made it.

The one that has is in normal soil

The other 2 where in store bought

I'll try post a pic later

Right I planted 3 seeds straight out door on the 7th no sign of life yet could they be dead

What works best for me, is raising them indoors. Then plant them outside in the second half of May.

These where my free seeds 1 has made it but it was a regular so I'll have to see if it's male or female only a experiment

It was the one I lest expected to grow aswel

The other 13 seeds I have will be started in side then moved outside

Turns out that all 3 have sprouted just needed to dig a little off the top

Think I planted them too deep

I think its still to cold im still waiting got mine in a cab indoors its still under 10 at night I have been checking at 3am and 6am its to cold unless you have a little glass cabin to put them in just to keep them out of cold nights and mornings I would keep them in your porch at least for a week to 10 days I goto herbies as well I have only found 1 male treat them nice when they are young and I think this helps with keeping them fems peace to you

The strawberry blue died on Friday found a bug chewing at the stem I can't figure how to put pics up on my phone at the moment just started 2 more

1 Swiss cheese

1 Hollands hope Dutch passion

In the pots indoors for now

Hi bro,

I also can not upload photos from my phone, with only a laptop or Ipad. In extreme cases, Come Internet cafe, pre upload photos to any cloud service or send to your email

There is no perfect time, there is only perfect weather. You should look at that at night the temperature is not too low, then it is the perfect time. (As a guide, May). 

Greetings! :)

1 person likes this

yeah personally i start them in april maybe even march but i keep them indoors until i think the worst of the british weather is passed and then put them out, if you have a garden that you can grow in of course you have the luxury of being able to bring them inside while they are still in pots

1 person likes this

I'm new to this. But m8 I reckon every year might be diff. ie the weather temp. I decide like you to give it a go. 3 money makers but started them a little to late. But will learn a lot from them. Must go organic. Good luck chief