Open Source Seed (FREE THE SEED)

Sure works now ;)

Aloha Tokage, With  Cannabis seed the story is different with a multitude of large and small seed companies. What will be interesting to watch is when the billion dollar barons of seed like Monsanto start buying the genetics, obtaining patent rights, and forcing the smaller producers out. 

• Like 1

We all hope that Monsanto does not begin to experiment with cannabis, would be very negative. 

thanks for the link, now it works fine :)

Aloha Jose gh, Where there is a Euro or a dollar to be made Monsanto is on it like stink from a manure pile.  Here is and interesting bit of news. http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/2014/05/monsanto-plans-patent-genetically-modified-marijuana-brand-uruguay.html

• Like 1

It´s scary, it´s real and it´s now.

Monsanto and all those a like are just in it for profit and more profit.

Aloha Tokage,  Well put my friend. Free is is a bit too far because with the infrastructure, well trained staffs, and marketing and sales expenses seed production has made amazing progress with people like Arjan and Ben Dronkers leading the way. Monsanto and the others have mega billions to work with when Cannabis goes to the top of the buy it  up and patent it list.  http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/seed-monopoly-free-seeds-farm-monsanto-dupont

• Like 1

Hmm.. im kind of sceptic

I mean noone can just patent a Strain he wants without the current owner of the Genetics wanting that.

Sure in the Cannabis Seed buisness Genethics get stolen all the Time but when the Buisness rises to a Legal Status this will radically change.

And in the end its the same as Starbucks and real coffee entusiasts, the average guy goes and drinks a Cup of Starbuks cause he doesnt care and it tastes pretty good, still the coffee entusiast will not enter that Starbuks he will have some real good Beans at home and make his own Coffe. Same will happen with the Weed the average smoker who bought his stuff in the Park till now will go in to Weedbuks and buy some Monsanto Weed cause he doesnt care and it tastes pretty good but are u gonna do that? are u gonna Stop uf hobby of growing and go buy that crap weed ? nah im for sure not gonna do tat i have my genethics and they are exactly what i want why would i go and buy shitseeds of that company ?

cheers

• Like 1

People with cannabis culture knows the difference good grass hieba bad. But many growers that maybe when they see genetically modified cannabis, with yields three times higher than now or a very specific taste, fall into the trap of the companies that genetically modify the plants, like them. 

The transgenic corn is the most cultivated and consumed WORLDWIDE! Tomatoes in Southern Spain, the RALF or KUMATO   exported to all over the world are genetically modified! 

Actually, we are already consuming much modified crap.

I think companies that do these things should not exist. should not be legal. The natural, is good, just that.

But a society of consumerism .... only brings bad things. 

Did you know that the bread (bimbo or similar) contains animal blood? is one of the ingredients to be retained tender. Of course manufacturers do not put it on the packaging, lettering and numbers that no one understands, or contains animal fats .... 

It's amazing, everything is shit.

• Like 1

Hmm.. i´m kind of sceptic

I mean none can just patent a Strain he wants without the current owner of the Genetics wanting that."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It´s real and it´s already happening. The inventor of Sativex from England(http://www.gwpharm.com/Sativex.aspx) have already patented cannabinoids and also the way they grow there own Cannabis. They also got a patent on the strain they use.

In reality this patent only work within England but they also make sure that other companies around the world can´t use the same things. On a bigger scale we all know that´s it´s impossible to patent a cannabinoid but they did it. They also got the monopoly on Cannabis as a drug in UK. If i remember the interview they made correctly, they are the only company in UK that have approval from the government to grow and make medicine out of cannabis. It was like a year ago i saw that video interview but i bet they are still the only ones that can do it still.

They grow with hydro and nothing they do or use is news for us cannabis growers but they still patent the way they do hydro.

I´m not trying to scare anyone but we should not feel that confident that our strains is "our" strains for ever...

Sorry but saying only natural is good is complete Bs.

Genetic modification isnt only a bad thing it saved us from multiple pests and desees.

+There is no solid proof at all that the genetic Corn or the Tomtos could harm anyone, im not a fan of it but only cause i dont really like it its deffo not ok to say its bullshit blablabla.

The Problem is the Attitude of those Companys and theyr will to only see theyr seeds grow on the whole World.

Plus how can u judge u work in a buisness that has genmanipulation going on since decades every fem seed is the same as the gencorn...

Greez

• Like 1

Sorry but saying only natural is good is complete Bs.

Genetic modification isnt only a bad thing it saved us from multiple pests and desees.

+There is no solid proof at all that the genetic Corn or the Tomtos could harm anyone, im not a fan of it but only cause i dont really like it its deffo not ok to say its bullshit blablabla.

The Problem is the Attitude of those Companys and theyr will to only see theyr seeds grow on the whole World.

Plus how can u judge u work in a buisness that has genmanipulation going on since decades every fem seed is the same as the gencorn...

Greez

Aloha Vertox, What part of when Round Up chemical herbicide is applied to these round up ready GMO freaks  the entire plant, the field it's growing in, and if it is windy up to 30 Km away get contaminated are you failing to grasp here?

I never said there is no downside of genmanipulatin.

Neither i said that how those Companys treat theyr Fields is good, bzw theyr Fertilizers and Pestizies are not the genemanipulazing stuff ;)

I said that its not ok to say all Genmanipulated is garbage and bad, because that is just plain out not true.

cheers

One downside of GMO is the risk of losing older more natural strains. As it happen for the Maya people and there weat. Another thing worth knowing is that Germany is the sixth country in europe banning the GMO corn because of proven health risks.
Russia is also one of those countries as well as Sweden. In the future perhaps we must turn to GMO crops and by then it´s a more proven way of growing.

Monsanto´s GMO corn and what not have with time developed a resistance to pesticide and now they are selling there own version of it that strangely enough works best on their own products (go figure). And i don´t understand why we still keep on trusting the company that made agent orange DDT, PCB and i´m would not be surprised if they got other dark things hidden away.

This is the danger with GMO companies. They are out for profit and there is no way to know what they are really up to.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/25/1211599/-Monsanto-A-Beginners-Guide-to-the-World-s-Most-Dangerous-Corporation

If we believe that GMO is not harmful i think we are fooling ourself. When a few of the modern countries are acting up and say "Hey we ban this GMO because study show it´s not healthy" perhaps we should listen.
I´m not saying that all GMO is bad because it will come a time when we need GMO. I´m just saying we need to be careful what we do, hear and eat.

• 2 weeks later...