First grow

kingkongsfingers

[Hey guys. I have wondered on various mary jane lovers sites for last couple of months. The thing Ive learned for sure is there is never only one way to do something when growing. I dont know how to start so ill put it simply, im confused. Cant decide whether to grow in a growbox or build my grow room. For the first few times, ill probably be growing autos because of lower maintenance. The next thing would be size of box/room. Now, i know its like asking papers or blunts, everyone has their opinion, so ill be as thorough as i can. So, my plan is 600, 1000 or two 600w lights in flower room. Image i have in my brain is a room not to big for a 600w but not too small for 1000w or 2x600w. Im pretty sure 1 square meter is enough for 600, but adding another one makes it all different. Should the box/room be square with two lamps or wide? What about 1000w? Having asked, another question comes to mind (next to a thousand more), how many plants under this powerful lights? Now, this is the most scrutinized question noobs ask (yeah, im a noob too). I found many techniques out here, sog, scrog, lst, fim, topping etc. My goal is to simplify and maximize grow and yield as much as i can, and if this combo is possible it'd be the best solution for me. Im not so sure how im going to handle cutting branches for the first grow so if i could skip that it would be great (autos maybe?). If its a good idea, i was thinking 4 autos under 600, or more? I wont be using DWC, hydro, aero, probably not even soil, coco all the way (for now), so that is clear. Is there a difference in yield if more plants are grown or it doesnt matter because of the light? I was planning on buying Arjans seeds (king of cannabis huh?), so Greenhouse seeds is my choice and their Powder feeding (im a practical guy). Going slightly off topic, I eas browsing Strainhunters forum journals and their Powder fed plants look amazing. The next thing is probably the type of system/medium i should use. I was thinking about coco and clay pebble 50/50 mix with simple hand watering. This also opened up some questions for me. What pot sizes, how much water, nutrients, feeding schedules for veg/bloom yadayadayada. Air circulation is not a problem, i think. A fan for intake, carbon filter and a fan for extracting filtered air. What about controlling room temp, humidity and my plants growth. Im not on a budget, but i also dont want to spend green on unnecessary equipment. Ph, ec, humidity meter and things like that are a must have, but a co2 tank and r/o system are not. You get the way im thinking? Im very detail oriented guy so numbers and charts are my thing, common sense not so much, so if you feel like writing please do. Thanks for your input, im looking forward to talking about the bud we love.

• Like 1

Hi man well well, for sure im gonna miss some of your questions because there are · in one sentence but whatever ^^

If you want to grow in 1 square meter, 600w is a nice solution, you can go up to 2x400w but you need to have a very very good ventilation system to not get heat inside, if not 600w is perfect for 1m. if you wanna do 2x600w i recomend more a 1,20m by 1,20m room it will do great with the 2 lights, but same you need a nice ventilation system, you will find articles about ventilation system to seti it nicely on the forum.

For the choice of room, if you have a full dedicated room for the plants, it can be worth building the room if you feel like it, but the Grow tents are very nice qualities now and much faster to setup and take away quickly if needed. I myself prefer tents, unless you have to grow 20 square meter :P

For your medium, the coco is not the easiest and most recommended for a first grow, if you feel like it it is mothing impossible, but it allows you less mistakes then the soil.

Then for the Powderfeeding it is the easiest to use and works as a charm ;) If you decide to use coco, buy a bottle of Cal/mag ( calcium and magnesium ) and add a little bit once a week or something like this, it depends on your water :) If you grow in soil you wont need to add anything :)

You will find on the forum some of the official feeding charts of the powdrefeeding to give you an idea of the amounts used. Check in the journals what the members uses it is the best to see as well.

For your growing technic the more easy for a first try would be a SOG probably, you dont have much to do, you can even start it directly on 12/12 from seeds and wont have too much maintenance, maybe a very few branches there and there but it depends the strainsm and you can mix autos and regulars with this tec, in 1 square meter you will be able to put more or less 9 plants depending the pot size you use, 9 is with 11L pots, using 7L pots you could fit 12 or a little bit more i think.

As far as equipment goes, the PH meter is necessary, waterproof if you can it avoids accident :P EC meter is a plus and cost more or less 30e so if you can afford it it is nice with the PF and gives you an even better control. then hygrometer, thermometer, and one or 2 small fans blowing inside added to the intake and extraction. And that pretty much it with carbon filter :)   If you can take a little humifier for teh first 2 weeks of germination its nice also, but they survive without it ;)

Thats it i think i answered more or less ;) 

Have a good day and good luck

• Like 1

I was  thinking and i got this idea, 2,4x1,2x2 meter grow room. On one side two 600w mh/hps, on the other propagator and pre veg under 8 T5 tubes. In that case, no time is lost, other words its split, one set of plants is in veg, other in germ and pre veg, so theoretically i could have continuous grow and harvest. What do you think? And no, I dont want a tent, Id rather build a grw room, 300e for that size tent is a waste, seeds and powderf together are about 200e. Also, how about 10 autos and 10 photoperiods under two mh/hps, as autos finish, normal ones have more space, so basically if i can place 10 autos in the middle of grow space, surround them wih 10 normal plants which id rotate bi daily, i could manage to handle 20 plants in total?

Thanks for answers man.

Hi mate, 

I would like to give you some advice, I see that you feel like doing a big crop, but to make a large crop, it is necessary a very large experience.

Personally, I never recommend it to someone with no experience, what you are thinking of doing.

I recommend, indoor growing, a square meter nine plants, and grow with 400w. You take experience with humidity, temperature, ec, ph, etc ...

Growing with land as a substrate, it is easier. If this is your first time grow, believe me, you need experience. First make one or two small crops, then, since there will be time to big crops.

Every day I meet people wanting to start growing, everyone wants to do 1.000w or 2.000w .... I can never, ever, recommend that for people without experience.

Patience is the mother of all sciences. You must learn slowly, believe me, is crazy big start.

regards ;)

• Like 2

Man, that's exactly what i was thinking. 9 plants under 600w (i fell in love with 600w), autos, harvest isnt my primary goal, but continuous harvest kinda is. My biggest problem is its all still theoretical. After all, im too coming to conclusion, tent is probably a better idea. I found one, completely equipped , 1x1x2m with a 600w lamp. I can always ad another tent  so if something doesnt change its probably going to he like that. Also, i dont want to screw up plants, i have no idea how big pots look in reality, so watering is going to be a new thing to me. while im there, powder feeding should be given daily? Quarter strength for seedlings until 3rd or 4th set of leaves, for pre veg half the strength and in vg normal solution? Im asking because everyone has different opinion on that, but the label is very clear. I dont have a bad feeling, i might make some mistakes, hell, im goin to make them for sure. Taking all this in consideration, all im left with until my grow is reading and collecting all knowledge i can. Thank you guys, you really make this place feel like home. 

• Like 1

Hi !!

Glad to listen that, friend ;)

It is a good option, 1x1m and 600w lamp, you will get good results.
When you germinate, put the seeds in small pots, 3 liters for example, you need not use any kind of extra nutrition. You need to use quality land, purchased in Grow Shop, especially for cannabis (is more fluffy and has the necessary nutrients for your plant to grow and live quiet about three weeks).

When the plant is bigger and, after three weeks, for example, you have to transplant into final pot, ashore, with nine plants in a square meter, I would recommend 15 liter each  pots for example. You need not use additional nutrients, but some of them will help you make the big spurt before switching to flowering. (about 0.5 gr of Powder Feeding each liter). Not all risks, one if two just water. When the plant has 4 or five weeks, start using more nutrients, watering if you do not. If depends on your plants are indica or sativa, you increase the amount of extra nutrients before or after, as some take longer to bloom and others less.

Things you should know, the 600w lamps are really hot, you need a good air (Intractor and extractor), if you use homebox. You should know that the first few weeks of growth, so much light is needed, can save light, 360w or 400w only putting in metal halide, for that you'll need an adjustable electronic ballast. They are a bit more expensive than normal, but believe me, it is worth investing in it. You can also buy a used one, not ploblema. But I recommend that the lamp is new, provide more lumens than used.

We are here to help you, any questions you have, you explain it and we try to resolve it  :)

Regards!
  • Like 2

Waiting to regulate some things, as soon as i grab some money this is the investment. Ill gather more kmowledge. Good to know about all of this. Freaking money issues... Well, hope not for long!

I know its all theoretical but how much could i expect from 9 autos for example s.mango or big bang with 600w without training?

Thanks and regards.

well its gonna be your first time so you wont have the best results you could get probably, it is normal and will come with time and experience :)

I think you can get close to 250g easily even as a beginner, once mastered the strains and setup, you could go maybe up to 400-450 i think. once all perfect ;)

Dust thank you again man. I realized i dont have as much money as i thought i did, but that isnt going to stop me. Can you guys help me a bit. I know what q grow room needs, but if you could take a few and write it down it'd be great. Im still at 600w light and a 1x1 or 1.2x1.2m? I think the soil would be a better choice, moneywize and also less nutes are needed, correct me if im wrong. I dont need drippers and things like that, only necessities for ladies to be healthy. No tent for now... Also Dust, can I/you change my nick or do i have to make a new account? 

Thank you guys again, I know you get a lot of these q's and i really appreciate you answering mine. 

You can go edit in your profil your nickname, check at the top right of the forum there is your control panel ;)

And for 600w the optimal is 1x1 for me. In soil yes and no drippers you can hand water and change later if you want.

Cheers