New Blood. New Ideas. New Support.

Let me start off by introducing myself, my name is A.J. Fields and I am the co-founder of Cannabis Connects Global (CCG for short), I was born March 26, 1993 just a rock throw from Houston in the small town of Katy Texas. Moved with my family to the gulf coast where I spent most of my adolescent years, which bring me to the legendary age of 21. Now based out of south Alabama on the Ivory Coast, my goal with CCG is to significantly empower the International Cannabis Industry and Movement, by connecting those who “have” within the industry to those who “need” within the cannabis industry.  CCG will is to provide a system that will help strengthen, support, and protect the world wide marijuana movment & industry by connecting the communities together with a global effort.

A little background history; growing up in south Alabama, I always had a negative feeling towards marijuana. All through my elementary years we were force fed “just say no” seminars, stickers, and tee-shirts. So much so, I was left with the impression that if you did any of the drugs on their “just say no” drug list, your skin, teeth, and life would crumble and diminish over night with out a doubt. Oh and did I mention, while I was taking my daily dose of what was bad for me,  Our family doctor convinced my mother that addicting me to  (2) 10mg of Aderrall a day (stuff I never heard anything bad about it) would help me stay focused.  Fast forward to my sophomore year in high school because thats all I remember and that's when my dad stepped in and took me off that stuff before I melted away.   As a kid I was extremely inquisitive about my surrounding, some blame it on ADD or ADHD, but I want to believe it was just my curiosity. I wanted to know how and why things were, I was that kid who would ask to many questions, and always made the class stay a little bit longer after the bell. To me, having a better understanding was well worth the wait in most cases, but I'm sure at the time my classmates would of disagreed. I have always wanted to look deeper into things and seek out the truth whether it be about aliens, history, religion etc. You name it, I have questioned it, probed it, and in most cases came to and formed my own conclusions.

2009. It was no secret that all my friends and peers were experimenting with this “weed” so one day in my sophomore year of high school, I decided to do some research on it and find out exactly what marijuana was. And, after two weeks of drooling research insuring myself that my skin wouldn’t fall off and securing a safe environment at home, late one night and knowing if anything went wrong my father was just a couple rooms away, I came to the realization of what all the hype was about. How the true information was being suppressed while our government’s ridiculous propaganda made its way to the public eye. What happen that night would change my life and perspective forever. Almost immediately I was able to relax without that constant feeling that I was supposed to be doing something important, I was at ease with myself and more focused on the music playing in the back ground, I remember thinking to myself how great our stereo sounded. I could actually make out different instruments, something that I hadn't noticed or even paid attention to before.

I couldn’t believe my own government was keeping something so powerful suppressed with nothing but lies, while addicting me with what the  pharmaceutical companies said I needed.  I didn't need to speed up so I could concentrate, I needed to slow down so I could think.  As I got older I became more aware of the subject and I started to understand that this was something way deeper than just a movement to smoke weed, I realized this is a movement capable of helping some seriously sick people live normal lives, and in some cases, save lives.

Fast forward to my senior year of high school and this is when I witnessed first hand how marijuana prohibition destroys lives. My older brother was 22 at the time, when the county drug task force of about 10 officers busted into his apartment for marijuana looking for drugs that they had entrapped him in, in one of their ( rat on a friend and save your ass type of deals). He only had a few grams on him at the time but that didn’t stop the law from completely coming down on him, embarrassing our family, costing our families thousands of dollars in lawyer fees and fines, fifty dollar drug test when ever they call, numerous classes and rehab meeting at various cost, they took his license for six month, and to top it off they slap a felony on his resumé so getting any job was pretty much impossible. Its a vampire system that is set up to only increase failure. Can you believe all this was caused by prohibition of plant that the only thing I could find out bad about was that it was illegal.   Skip to today, 3 years later, and he still has two years left of color code and now it's legal in two states, because of marijuana prohibition the best part of my brothers life has passed by and while he should of been finishing college, he is to busy staying under the radar while trying to get from under the system. Our generation needs to stand up and fight for what we believe in and VOTE!

Thank you for reading, please show your love! and feel free to ask any questions!

• Like 2

Hello man welcome on SH forum!

Nice story! Thanks for sharing itm it is always interesting to read how the people have discovered or lived their first experiment  with cannabis, and what it changed or didnt change in their lives. Beside discovering the joy of smoking, have you also been introduced to growing yet?

If no im sure you will find a tons of interesting  info for yourself around here, and some suport if you need any!

If you have any problem on the forum during your stay dont hesitate to ask one of the mod and we will do our best to help you out ;)

Have a good discovering of the place

• Like 1

It's a pleasure!

Great to see such a well organized and soild company in this movement, Strain hunters & the pioneers that make it happen (like yourself) provide so much motication for your fellow cannabis coniasouers. Keep up the great work I hope to run into you guys when the cannabis cup hits Amsterdam once again or maybe sooner!

Thank you also for the complement, I also find intrest it the effects on conscious as well. Websites like erowid provide some cool insite of people's personal experiences with cannabis, I recommend checking them out if you haven't already. As far as growing, I know a good bit about it and I have tried once or twice, living in Alabama you can probably understand why i haven't progressed. I have purchased a bunch of seeds how ever and I study on any information I get my hands on so I will be sure to browse around!

I

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum friend, 

Thanks for sharing your story, it's always nice to know the experiences of others with cannabis :) 

Enjoy the forum and share your experiences! 

Greetings! ;)

• Like 1