Diamond Girl [Stealth PC Grow with LST]

fdx643

Hello my fellow growers!

I am waiting for some Diamond Girl's to arrive from Greenhouse seeds.
And I have a few question.

A few days ago i noticed that my current plant is a male (32) days. It was some unknown seed i found when smoking a bud.
I noticed the small balls appearing and I got sad and bought some new seeds from greenhouse.

I have:

Simple modified HP PC Chassi.
125W High Quality CFL (Actual 125W)
2x inlet fresh air fans
1x little bigger hot air exhaust fan with homemade active carbon filter. 

Constant temperature of 29-31 Degree Celsius but also very good air circulation.

The plant in the picture is the unknown male strain. It has been 12/12 from seed and in picture is 30 days old.
But never mind that plant.
Here comes my questions;

Will this setup be good enough for the Diamond girl's when they arrive to me?
I hope it will not be to hot for it with 30 Degrees Celsius?? (At least the unknown male in the picture loved the 30 degree heat every day!)    
I heard Diamond girl's can tolerate much heat. Is that true?
I just want to make sure because I seem to have problems to go under 29 Degrees Celsius when the CFL light is working for 12 hours.
The temp always stays around 29.
And if it is a hotter day in general, the hot air in the house will be pulled inside the PC box from the intake fan, and it will raise to like 31 Degrees Celsius. 

I also plan to Low Stress Train the girl around the pot in a circular method. Is this good or bad? 

Any better ideas and comments for a small tiny bushy diamond girl plant that will fit my little PC grow box?

I will only grow 1 seed in this PC grow..
I am not expecting mega super king size buds out of this PC grow. 
I just want to experiment for fun and see how it goes.

I am planing to buy some FoxFarm ocean forest.
Will this product be good enough for a full growth? from seed to harvest.
Without any additional feeding such as liquid/powder fertilizers ect ect? 

Is it possible for the diamond girl seed to get burned by the warm known foxfarm ocean forest mix?
Or do you guys think she can pull through those rich nutes with foxfarm without getting burned?

So please feel free to give me advice on what soil, water, good ph known for diamond girls ect ect...

Hello!

Well the 29º if you really good have air circulation they will survive for sure, but you will just not get the best result you could have had, but it will grow :) And one of the only way to get temps down is a climatizer ^^ So unless you planned to buy you will have to deal with it ;)

And like Jose said for the nutes, the more easy will be the Powderfeeding from Ghs, it works great you will find many reports on the forum using it ;)

Have a good grow man

Well I don't have the heart to kill him just yet. He has been a good boy really.
He suffered mayor root damage during transplanting. Many roots broke off because I was not experienced and did it wrong.
And 2 days after the root damage, I actually topped him. 
But still to this day he is growing strong and fast and looks very healthy and just won't give up that little sucker :D
I will keep him until my Diamond girls arrive. 

post-34951-0-94709700-1406803165.jpg

post-34951-0-15222300-1406803199.jpg

• Like 1

Nice better with pics :)

I would put the extraction higher, on the higher point of the box you can put it, the hot air goes up and fresh air down, so the higher you put the extraction the faster it will catch fresh air, if you keep intraction and intraction on same level, AND on the same side of the pc, then it will just suck the hot air you push thru and vice versa, you should put the intration like it is now, and change the extraction to the other side of the room on the higher point, like in front of the cfl, so the flow will cross all the box and should be more efficient, it will not be 5º less but should be better i hope :)

Cheers

Hey thnx a lot Dust!

I will start doing some modifications now and show u a picture soon, and see what you think.

I really do appreciate your guys help, you all seem to be so friendly and peaceful!  :tease: 

• Like 1

Dust my friend, i took your advice and I am grateful for it! Thank you!

I have no modified the box a little bit.
Now its running 2 inlet fans from behind. Both are sucking and pushing in air into the box. 1 lower fan and 1 higher fan. To cover both stem and fan leafs.
I then cut out a spot for the hot air exhaust fan, actually on the side of the box casing cover. There is no more room on the front or back, so I had no option but to put it on the side.
It's no big deal really, I think it looks great and the airflow and exchange is incredible!
This is sooooo much better and all the credits goes to Dust  :gamer: 

Btw Dust, the temp got down to 28º C 
But really to be honest it is the hot air this summer that makes things so hot in the PC box.
The summer has been really a hard hitter this time, and the air is constantly around 28-29
º C 
So no wonder that the PC box gets the same temp, since I am only sucking in the same room air into it.
But soon the summer heat is over and then I think the PC box will have a perfect temp of around 25-27
º C when the surrounding air gets much cooler.

post-34951-0-23673200-1406880101.jpg

post-34951-0-87120700-1406880106.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice man! 1º by 1º we will lgo down hehe ;) Hope it will work good for your little baby like this, but like you said if the temp in the room is at 28º it will not go lower without clim ;) So just keep it nice and moving.

Have a good grow dont hesitate to open a grow journal for that baby ;)

• Like 1

Oh yeah I also installed the red little manual aviation ON/OFF switch  :spiteful: 
Well because when the light goes off, all 3 fans will go off as well.
And if I see that it gets way too hot in there without air movement, then I will just turn 2 fans *ON* that I have connected together with the switch..
So when I grab the switch and turn it ON, the lower back fan and the side cover exhaust fan will start to run.  Only those 2. I think it would be to much with all 3 fans blowing 24/7. 

So what do you guys think?

Alright perfect then, I'll do that...  
How about the fan from behind that blows on the stem part. Should I keep that ON for 27/7 as well or will it be to much shaking for the plants when they rest?

Well well, from that to something completely different now.
I started building my own homemade active carbon filter. Its my own design actually, and I got the idea though a dream. When I woke up I realized I just dream't of how I can make a cheep carbon filter.  :mail: 
This one should work just like a charm. I am waiting for active carbon to arrive in a small bag.
Then I will fill the bottom of the filter with a small layer of carbon and seal it up with some thin cotton filter or whatever.. (the main filter I use here is actually a dirt-bike filter)
It has pretty good holes in the fabric of the dirt-bike filter for the air to pass through. I just hope the PC fan will be able to extract and push air through the carbon. We will see..

post-34951-0-81230800-1406903549.jpg

• Like 1

Not exactly a stealth grow right hehe.
But since my Queen at home has put all her clothes and gadgets and stuff around the house and filled all the perfect grow locations with women's stuff.
I only have this shitty PC choice left. But I think it will do just great. :nyam:  

• Like 1