LED grow light brands, good or bad

iStoned

leyus could you please explain how a     13  par/watt led light is comparable to the 31 par/watt led light in your head     you are comparing apples to oranges, your cheap vipar is not even close to hps lights or the high cost leds you bring as comparison and say your vipar is only 200:D you get what pay it is cheap crappy noname chip china led.... it will break down fast and light levels drop dramatically after few grows or thats what one of the vipar users said about it

even the proper components cost more than your light for a 200w unit hehe   it has cheap noname shitty chips that break down fast and you recommend it to others

that was the whole argument you cannot compare the almost 3x weaker led light with much narrower spectrum to market leader that cost 2400$ and has best components....   or even the black dog in that earlier video because its not even close it is 3 times weaker the at600 2400$ light

par watts from the videos

lumigrow  14.4

blackdog  13.2

kind         22

HPS         22

at600      31

see the difference, sure the led wins if you fork 2400$, the 1600$ blackdog is not worth it

and the footprint issue, can you even read that graph you just posted:D   you said   20inches in flower, well that gives only 3x3 area    and that was the whole point jokerjohn just made only thing, you clearly didnt read it proper:D    need larger footprint   get it.  also im not sure you can compare your light even to lumigrow when you pull the graphs out

all those par tests show it very clearly the low/medium end leds are shit       but you insist that they are as good as at600 lol   they are not

if you dont understand something you cant make it look as if you do by insulting m8... it doesnt work like that,  vipar is shit and dont try to sell it as good one here...   sorry if you made bad desicion on light but its not our fault and it wont get better by comparing to high end market

the op asked about differences on the leds, but you people are trying to make it look as if they are all the same:D  when some are clearly hustler companys with cheap crappy components

• Like 1

leyus could you please explain how a     13  par/watt led light is comparable to the 31 par/watt led light in your head     you are comparing apples to oranges, your cheap vipar is not even close to hps lights or the high cost leds you bring as comparison and say your vipar is only 200:D you get what pay it is cheap crappy noname chip china led.... it will break down fast and light levels drop dramatically after few grows or thats what one of the vipar users said about it

even the proper components cost more than your light for a 200w unit hehe   it has cheap noname shitty chips that break down fast and you recommend it to others

that was the whole argument you cannot compare the almost 3x weaker led light with much narrower spectrum to market leader that cost 2400$ and has best components....   or even the black dog in that earlier video because its not even close it is 3 times weaker the at600 2400$ light

par watts from the videos

lumigrow  14.4

blackdog  13.2

kind         22

HPS         22

at600      31

see the difference, sure the led wins if you fork 2400$, the 1600$ blackdog is not worth it

and the footprint issue, can you even read that graph you just posted:D   you said   20inches in flower, well that gives only 3x3 area    and that was the whole point jokerjohn just made only thing, you clearly didnt read it proper:D    need larger footprint   get it.  also im not sure you can compare your light even to lumigrow when you pull the graphs out

all those par tests show it very clearly the low/medium end leds are shit       but you insist that they are as good as at600 lol   they are not

if you dont understand something you cant make it look as if you do by insulting m8... it doesnt work like that,  vipar is shit and dont try to sell it as good one here...   sorry if you made bad desicion on light but its not our fault and it wont get better by comparing to high end market

the op asked about differences on the leds, but you people are trying to make it look as if they are all the same:D  when some are clearly hustler companys with cheap crappy components

funny things you are saying. When he insulted me you said nothing because he is HPS die hard like you but when I answered in same tone you point this out. Very fair of you. 

Clearly you don't know price of LED components, quality one imported from Germany are not as cheap as China but it is way cheaper to build diy LED then buy Vipar. And I know because I did it, I build my first LED and from China components it cost next to nothing. Building from quality European parts cost still next to nothing. And you are pretend expert on LED lights but you never even used one in your life. So what is a price difference between building own LED let's say 180W from China components, from German components and buying Vipar/Mars2 or high end price? Please summarize numbers because I gave tons of them u gave nothing you just make empty claims, you say it cost? Say exactly how much or stop lying and spreading misinformation.

Also what is exactly difference between cheap LED from China vs LED from Germany, I am waiting for your explanation Mr. Expert?

I am currently using Vipar it is a budget choice, I am running 4th grow on it and surprise it works, you said it won't! What kind of expert are you? Explain why does it still work ? And give me how much will I yield from coco grow now from 180W true power Vipar? Will it outperform 150W HPS on it's 4th grow? You are expert  got 0.48m2 how much yield less will I get with 4th grow then 1st grow in % value mr. expert? Because I assume I will since you promised? Exact figures please. Not lies. 

When did I said that budget options are as good as high end price? I said they are still better then HPS most of the time. What you don't like commercials suddenly you give examples from what I gave which is clearly commercial to promote their light. You understand just PAR or does spectrum tells you something too?  

And yeah I pasted wrong link big deal info on area covered from LED is everywhere:

http://www.budmaster.co.uk/led-grow-light-hanging-distance.html

And again it varies from light to light (strength, producer, shape, W in diodes, lenses angle).

This discussion looks like this: you make false claims, I post things and numbers to proof you wrong, you shut up about it and jump on next horse making more false claims about other aspects. Now do your own research before and answer my questions. 

And it is weird claim that my VIpar will stop performing or fall apart form guy who claims changing HPS bulbs every 2 years is fine...... Personally I wouldn't keep that rubbish more then 6 months but well.... HPS progress deniers are here. Vipar diaries are out there including mine and maybe I am searching wrong but I don't see them failing or performing worst with every grow, for budget option it preforms just as good as Mars II I think. But of course you can proof your claim now, link please or stop lying.... again I must say. 

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive bought 5 in china, i am sure most of the leds and things inside are made there so why not directly at the factory and save alot.

Ive got 3 x 1800W mastergrow double chipped and one 3600W double chipped and a 2400W COB chipped mastergrow leds.

So far great, end of my grows will proof if im right or not.

happy growing

On 18-3-2019 at 0:16 PM, charleshover420 said:

Yes its good! but you have to check it reviews before bought. I found source where complete review is published, https://420arena.com/best-led-grow-lights/

When i read this i always think people just become member for one thing only, product promotion ...

I dont think we need that kind of sleaky adds come by every now and then, this is the second i seen since im started my journal

marijuana-purplea.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9-1-2020 at 2:24 AM, kevrac said:

Has anyone had any experience with any brand of COB Led lights ?

I do , ive got one with cob leds, i am happy with the led, its 2400Ws but only takes 400 watts.

If i knew upfront i would have bought more but then smaller, id take 10 x 50 watts instead for larger light spread.

hope it helps, others i know also use the cob, one guy i know makes them after importing them from china

happy growing

• Like 1