The butter I made today does not get me high why?

angelnreno

That sounds like a awful problem! Using cannabis with no result must feel very lonely lol and a ah!
Could be that you are used to the effect and built a tolerance around that strain? Or was it just bad Cannabis?

I would hate to see you stop trying ;)

• Like 1

Maybe the doses used was the caused also, in the end the most dificult part about cooking with cannabis for me, is getting the good high, not many know how to do really properly a good space cake, me included haha, it takes some testing and trying :)

Good luck

• 1 month later...

the thc was probably not activated properly (decarboxylation) if you did it at normal brownie cooking temps than it might have gone too far im afraid :(, the heat turns the thca into active thc but it also vaporises rapidly at the normal brownie cooking temps like 350f. in the graph you can see that max decarboxylation comes at 145c/293f temperature in 7minutes and starts to vaporize away, and at 122c/252f in 27minutes and so on.

from wiki

''The liquid THC and other cannabinoids have a boiling point of between 180-200 °C (355-392 °F). Before they turn gaseous, the carboxyl group is released from the molecule as carbon dioxide and water vapor at around 106 °C (220 °F). In the cooking of edible psychoactive products, some research indicates heating cannabis to a temperature of 122 °C (251 °F) for 27 minutes to be the optimum method to avoid denaturation''

decarboxylation-graph.png

http://hempshare.org/decarboxylation/

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

• Like 1

hi angel i feel you, i always had this issue when i get brownies or cookies from someone else even if i couls taste the hash it didnt give any effect so now i am growing so i eventually have some spare to try to make myself but also did alot of research myself and what jank is saying seems to be the sience of it i haven't gottent to try myself so i love to learn still so let me know if u figure it out :D

happy cooking 

peace

There can be number of reasons:

1. decarboxylation - already mentioned 

2. dose - maybe add more

3. tolerance - edibles either take me to the moon or don't work at all for me depending from my tolerance and dose, some people claim edibles never work for them no matter what dose. First time I ate around 5 g of cannabutter got me, next day I needed 10 g and day after I ate 15g, next day 20g and hardly any result.  Tolerance with eadibles grow in ridiculous pace. I don't know why, maybe it's just for me, my tolerance rise with smoke is waaaaay lower. 

4. too high temperature- if you used to high temp for too long maybe your THC evaporated 

What can you do:

1. check firecrackers recepie ( link here: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/445852-my-ultimate-marijuana-firecracker-recipe-pics.html) they tend to work even for people who usually don't react well to edibles and for some reason tolerance rise less with it. 

2. have some smoke left after cooking, wait 60-120 min if you don't feel result just smoke some, smoke seems to work way better even if edibles dose was not sufficient so be careful with how much you smoke, smoke 1/4 of your normal dose for start and move from there.