11 Strains in coconut with 600w HPS

Jose.gh

Hi mates, 

Start germination in my small Indoor, I would like to share with you the progress, photos and tips. 

My initial idea was to make a great SCROG, but talking to Dust at the last fair in Irun (thx Dust), I decided to follow your advice and use a set of 12 hours. (12/12 ever)

Obviously, this works better with sativas varieties, so most are sativas, I put too few indicas, I've put to test and see the results.  :popcorn:

Strains:  Super Lemon Haze, Damnesia, White Strawberry Skunk, Lemon Skunk, Afggoey, FBK, Lavender, NYD, SOmango and Kaly mist.

Rate Light Grow: 12/12  <--- FAIL in this time, now 18/6 for 3 weeks.
Rate Light  Bloom: 12/12
Indoor Grow: 400w - 600w HM
Indoor Bloom: 600w HPS
Nutrients: Powder Feeding

Soon post pictures and share more progress. 

Greetings !!  :bye:
  • Like 4

Thanks mates, this is beginning to start !!   :fans:

The seeds have germinated and have put in pots of coco three liters. Within 15 or 20 days,  I'ma change the coco pots to 7 liters.

I've had some changes in the genetic finally these are:

6 Super Lemon Haze

4 White Strawberry Skunk

3 Damnesia

2 Lemon Skunk

2 Great White Shark (Indica strain, I think it will not be very big or good with 12/12...., but I want to try)

2 Flower Bomb Kush (Indica strain, I think it will not be very big or good with 12/12...., but I want to try)

3 Afgooey  (also Sticky Icky)

1 Somango

1 Lavender

1 New York Diesel

3 Honey

Average two and a half days germinated in wet papel inside a tuper.

post-8660-0-14215500-1411839694.jpg

Germinated seeds into pots, the pots together, to get all the best lighting (400w HM at moment)

post-8660-0-93686300-1411839695.jpg

When they grow up, I can separate the pots to give them more space. If they grow too many branches, I will leave only 16 in this closet. And put 9 in a different cupboard under leds. (plan B)

post-8660-0-99828900-1411839694.jpg

I uploaded the lamp to take better pictures, normally is below.

Now just wait, soon see the cotyledons  :smoke:

Watering: Water with Powder Feeding Mother Plants, EC: 0.8 - PH: 5.8

Greetings !!

• Like 3

what the hell... this has to be the line up of the year!

picking a chair and sitting quietly somewhere at the front!

how big are those containers?? EDIT: re-reding the thread I see they are 3L... have a mention I am stone :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mates!

22 days from germination, 20 days from start coco (pot). 

I think plants grow very slow, although the distance between nodes is very good. At first they gleaned a little, put aid of sticks, while strengthening the stem. 

I'm worried, usually 20 days the plants are much larger, I worry that wish flourish being so small, because then one would have a lot of dwarf bonsai in bloom ..... 

I'll wait another week to 12-12 ... but if I look at early flowering, I go revegetate to get an approximate size. 

I honestly do not know if 12/12 from seed was a good idea .....  :tease:  :swoon:

post-8660-0-82111500-1413550940.jpg
  • Like 2

I think you will be fine with sativas, they will stech nicely and fill up the space

but, the more indica dominants ones, you will see that they finish a bit small

anyway if you think even with strech is not enough, give them another couple of weeks of 18/6

• Like 1

How often do you water?

I think you will be fine with 12/12. You could give them 18/6 for first 3-4 weeks since you won't flower seedlings anyway and you get stronger and bigger plants a bit. But if you got sativas they will have enough of secondary stretch to grow big and tall.

Looks good man. Think about going 11/13 around week 6 of flowering. 

• Like 1

Thanks mates for the help, 

I think the problem was the lighting. For temperature problems, I could not put the focus near the plants. 

Now I have solved the temperature problem, and the focus is on 25cm plants. 

But I do not want a premature flowering, I changed to 18/6h for the next 2 - 3 weeks ...... 

A lesson learned for next crop, need lots of light from the first day, I need to focus very close. It is important to have a good air to prevent overheating. 

Greetings! :)
  • Like 1

I think you missed the point of growing 12/12 from seed ..lol

since you got the complete space of the tent and the light for your new crop (from which the Damnesia is my favorite) but all these strains are great. Best of GH/Strainhunters seedbank plus SOMA's best 3 strains..lol

I forgot how fine the Damnesia tastes and what a wonderful effect it delivery..

Anyway . The idea is to leave a little space for new plants in smaller pots while there is a flowering cycle in the making. Once the old ones get ready you can take them down one by one or two by three, whatever and place the new plants in their space - Repot to the final pots - say 11litres or at least 6.5 , depending on the space/size of the plants/strains. That way you got fresh weed in flower, when yiou just reap your weed. Perpetual growth with optimum use of lights + space.

• Like 1

Next time I'll start with 600w, and with focus closer (now the temperatures are already good, thanks to the cold). 

I modified the thread title, now is not 12/12 from seed ..... just a normal crop with several strains. 

I hope to update with pictures this weekend !! 

Greetings! :)

• Like 2

post-8660-0-12932300-1414408095.jpg

Increasing daylight hours has been very beneficial, plants are developing at a good pace and in a week or ten days begin flowering :)

The next few days I will make a transplant, 3 liters to 7 liters pots. Coconut and Powder Feeding  as ever.

regards! 

• Like 3