whats the ideal time to harvest ?

Guest guest

I've been harvesting once most of the hairs are red and the steam pistils are yellow, but if you have a microscope , i've found a nice photo on the web that can help us all decide the best time do harvest depending on the desired effect :

whentoharvest.jpg

in my opinion one of the most fun things to do as a grower and a smoker is to harvest your plants in stages, so you can really experience the difference in the ripening of the resin....

personally I love my weed ripe, like my fruits....;-)

Hey fanco i enjoy your work and have been following your for many years now.. i have a question maybe you can help me with im growing great white shark and i cant seem to catch it at peek harvest ive watched the video online and let it go for 9 half weeks but the high is knoocking me out its a lighter smoke so i must be doing somthing wrong. should i have geremanated more then a 10 pack to maybe find a better pheno??? or maybe adding more lights to bring out the pheno im running about 70 watts per squar foot for nutrients gh hydroponics any suggestions would help.. thanks

Guest samuelo

i am currently harvesting, i am doing it in stages as franco advised - i took off the main top cola's and a few big buds from around the plants and currently these are hanging up drying. This method also allows more energy to get to the rest of the plant and lets more light get to the lower parts of the plant so you should see the remaining buds on the plants benefiting if you decide to harvest in stages

i was smoking some early bud the other day and i started getting a bit trippy - i was looking at the walls and they seemed all texturized and then all these black lines started forming rectangle bricks all over the wall - it was pretty trippy but not as trippy as 8 hawaiian mushrooms - it was like someone was doing an 'etch-a-sketch' on my wall

the buds i have picked already i harvest over a few days, i am leaving hung up until the twig has a snapping sound when broken then i will put them in mason jars and start harvesting again - so its also good to do in a few stages if you do not have alot of space to hang and dry all of your buds at the same time, if you are in the uk you can get good mason jars in a big 'green supermarket' - you know the one, they cost £2. for the 1.5L size and £1 for the 1.L size... - just open jars and turn buds once a day - do this for mayb 2 weeks.... you can also keep your bud in these jars long term. doing this you will find that this really brings out different flavours and aromas and allows your bud to mature - a bit like a nice piece of brie or camembert... you can find these jars in the kitchen/dining equipment section, they are glass and have a hinged air tight lid