do nutrients go bad

cable

a friend is moving and won't be able to grow so he dropped off these nutrients . i don't see any expiration date on any of them . he said that they are about 1 to 2 years old . most are unopened i have never used anything other than the basic nutrients  . like to hear your input 

post-36006-0-95772500-1420559771.jpg

• Like 1

Most liquid nutes or addatives have a shelf life.

In my opinion the only shelf life that be really true are ones in light proof bottles,

lots of bottles on the market are not.

Now as i believe powdered nutes are fine as long as they are kept dry and dark.

Hope this helps

PEACE

• Like 2

thanks for the reply......  i was thinking along those line .it's sad i can't fine a manufacture date  any where .i think for shit and giggle i will drop them and email and see that they say  

• Like 1

well for the organic nutrient you have a little bit less times because usually a biobizz bottle for example in one year will turn bad. but most chemical or mineral nutrients can hold much longer especially if the bottle is unopened. The opened bottles i dont know if i would risk it, but if they are closed i'd go for it ;) Most of the growshop probably stock more thana  year :rabbi: :rabbi:

• Like 2

technaflora  say They are warranted for 2 years from the date of manufacturing . but you can not fine a manufacturing date on any bottle  and general hydroponic  has no  manufacturing date . which if you think about it if your a hydroponic store you buy nutrients and they don't sell and people do buy them if they saw and old manufacturing date the store would be stuck with old nutrients . so i guess let the buyer beware

• Like 1

Liquid Fertilizers have a certain life. Manufacturers do not usually put the date of manufacture or creation, so that grow shops can store them for years ... but that's misleading the client, in a way.

regards

• Like 1

you bet your ass it's miss misleading .just think anybodys  nutrients could be 3 years old and you get great results in your grow . they would be happy'er than a pig in shit and  praise those product up ad down , but what would happen if they were  fresh . i wounder if dry nutrients stay fresher longer . i think if you got good genetics and you keep your plant healthy they will do that they were born to do  

• Like 1