last 2 weeks before chopping

Big'G'

In the last 2 weeks i usually have only water with controled PH at 6,5 and let it like this until the end, the last days i also stop the ph down and let it a few watering with regular water. And im talking for soil, i tried some of the cleaning product but i dont see any sense in adding products to clean products haha so i prefer a nice flush of 1 month if necessary than adding products ;)

Have a good grow!

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2015 at 0:50 PM, Big'G' said:

Ok brothers and sisters I'd like to read your thoughts in detail on the last 2 weeks of your grow

Ec values =

Ph values =

Medium =

Flush with =

Feed used =

Whats up Big!

This is a great question and has many different methods in order to achieve different results.  Here is a routine that I do during my last 2 weeks when I want a bit more swell and sugar on my gals.

At start of week two I drop my lighting schedule to 10/14 (light/dark) which gets your chicks hormones racing trying to finish up before the frost hits.  I will also drop my environmental temps from 25c - 20c during the day and from 20c-18c in the night.  I do this with all my indoor plants hydro or soil.  Many people will flush for a full two weeks thinking that that will get rid of the majority of chemical salts in the medium and or ladies, but, in reality it would take much longer to leech the salts out of your plants than two weeks of flushing.  I do recommend using a flushing agent such as FloraKleen or similar.  As chemical salts have reactions to other salts and chemicals, this allows the buildup of nutrients to be leeched out in a more quick manner without affecting yield, flavor, look or potency.  Allowing your babes to have that extra feed for a week is very beneficial to her final development.  During the start of the last week of flowering is when I like to start flushing.  If in soil I will flush with 3 times the size of the grow container, ie. 1 gallon pot = 3 gallons of water using your choice of flushing agent.  I will do this at the start of the last week and than again at the end of the last week.  I then will let her dry for a few days and set her in the dark for 48-72 hours with a RH 40% temp 18c.   This "theoretically" has the gal thinking she is at an end and tries one last attempt at getting pollinated and produces more resin and plumps up a bit more  in order to catch some pollen.  After the 48-72 hours in darkness, I will check her out and if the pot is still a bit damp, I will let her finish out in the dark until wilting like a rubbery piece of celery.    This method will also help with premature babes that you have to cut down early as it will speed up the flowing cycle.  Boosting potency, aroma, flavor and formation are all good in my book.  I have been using this technique for roughly 15 years now when I am wanting to finish early, increase yield or potency.  

To hint on, when I use organics, I do not use a flushing agent and just use plane water Ph 6.5.

Here are my numbers which you requested as well:

Ec values = 1.8-2.4 *Hanna .5PPM*

Ph values = 5.8 - 6.2 final weeks hydro - 6.3-6.8 final weeks soil

Medium = Lava Rock for Hydro - Loamy soil with amendments (organic) - Perlite mixed with Local Soil from Guadalajara Mexico 

Flush with = FloraKleen for hydro *our your preference* - FloraKleen for soil with nutes  - RO Water Ph 6.3-6.8

Feed used = General Hydroponics Flora Series with KoolBloom, Floralicious, Rapid Start and FloraBlend additives.

Saludos and I hope this helps you to form your own unique style with great results.  I am looking forward to hearing which techniques you harnessed.

Stoked on you!

image_2016-08-01 21_29_49 +0000_22.jpgimage_2016-08-01 21_29_49 +0000_9.jpgimage_2016-08-01 21_29_49 +0000_20.jpg

image_2016-08-01 21_29_49 +0000_17.jpg

image_2016-08-01 21_29_49 +0000_13.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...