BUBBLEBAGS....not so happy :(

jHumbert

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jhumbert, what was not good for you in the result? Yeild? Taste? consistancy?

There are lots of factors in ice making, from the material used to the time mixed, the temps, the drying, many many factors that need to be learned and handled :) it takes a few rounds and trials to make some nice ice :)

so tell us a little bit more what you didnt like.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Dust!

The yield was not so good. I had the trim of 7 little plants.

temp: 20-24° C / 70-75° F

drying: 3 weeks

before processing: 1 and 1/2 hour in the  refrigerator

mixed: about 15 minutes using a big plastic spoon

The hash was excellent but the amount was not significant..... :(

Hi mate, I do not know how much trimming did you use.

But the only way I know to measure the success or failure of the extraction is related to the trimming material / dry hash extracted ratio.

In my experience when I get a 10% of the trimming material weight of hash, I´m starting to feel happy.

If you use good material and small buds from lower branches. you can get more 12, 13% I think the best time I can recall I got up to 15%

Other thing, I get this % of hash after repeating the process 2 or 3 with the same material.

And the bubble bag are the best I know.

Take care.

• Like 2

Fran has his point. If you let me share my opinion, no offense, but what is the point in freezing them before... non, as the probably 100 g trimmings you wash will practically immediately get the temp of the water in the bucket. With such big cubes, it can happen that the top of the water is really around 0 C, while the middle is still 5 C, but if you crush it and add that way, u can mix with the water better, u get more exact temp when checking, and probably your mixer will live longer also. Now mixer... the 15 min mixing can be fine on very high speed. Not with a drill or such, that will never give same result! Now you mixed for 15-20 min. Filter the plant material, squeeze, loosen up a bit, and now there is point in freezing, back, as good material is worth to wash even5 times easy, and first 3 runs usually fairly productive. If you freeze it pressed, next time will be a pain in the ass waiting for hours to get it melted again, so crumble it a bit after sqeezing.

• Like 3

Hahaha, yeah, takes time, many use centrifuge to spare work, or when you have some more to wash, u start with the old frozen used trimmings, wash that for 15-20 min, get out, add more ice and use the fresh trimmings in the same bucket... ;) I might add that first wash has usually the highest thc content, but as you wash it again and again, the ratio of cbd will increase. And finally of course the more and better material you use, the more it will worth to wash again. As you only mixed for 15 min, the next wash will probably yield same amount. ;)

Peace

• Like 2

i agree to first freeze your material just after your cuts your buds, or leaves used for making the hash.

mix twice, let it rest for half an hour before your mix again, that way your water temp will be mostly the same in the whole bucket.

i personally never crushed the icecubes but it might help, other idea is to go to youtube bubbleman did put on several vids where you can see how he did it, about the same way i also did.

i used slilk instead of bubblebags, just three width and wasted twice.

good luck next time !

and it does depend on which strains u grew , not all have the same outcome, 10 percent is normal to.

• Like 2

Thanks Ganja XL, I have seen all the Bubbleman's World, UrbanRemo ecc..... videos! But when you do a thing is more difficult...

Next time I will try misuring the bucket temp and repeating the process 2 more times, eventually breaking some ice cubes... :)

• Like 1

Even for the smell it is worth makin it! :D I found that if you make it with freshly frozen material, not dried, cured, the water will become rather green than brown, which i didn't really like. As i only use a 200 micron workbag, and let it settle on the bottom of the bucket, not in other bags, i like to leave it sit for 2-3 hours, not any shorter. This is obviously longer process than using multiple bags and catching resin with those, therfore i belive the colour of the water is critical, and has serious effect of the final outcome. So for best result i recommend using cured material!! Which is preferably not bonedry... You can get most out of your shit if you crumble gently before using. Gently means it should be fine, but not powder. Not any smaller than they could go thru the workbag, and this is what really hard to avoid when the shit is bonedry. Small things can make big difference, if you leave in big chunks, you are wasting, grind it too fine and it can get a bit greenish. And here comes my other problem with freezing the material before using... If you get your grinded trimmings out of the freezer, they will catch dew immediately unless you are in a veryvery low humidity room, and will start to stick all over, and it all gets a bit messy, meanwhile when working with dry material, it is just no problem, + just consider how much the probably 100 max 200 g dry material you can mix in a bucket at once will raise the temp of 12-15 L water... practically 0... !!!

Peace, Love, Pot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...