Autoflowering

somski

Hello again ,

I heard that Green House are making their own autoflowering strain . This gona be the bomb for a private user i guess . A lot of people will stick with your autos i am sure because the other companies offer very unstable strains . I am doing Great White Shark, Bluebery and Taiga . Three of them are autos, but they have very low germinating level except the taigas.I am a new grower because of my age ; ) . I am twenty two dont worry and wanna ask you about flowering.I think if you flower the plants in a normal way 12/12 will give you better result. What you think ?If you go with 18/6 period i think the plant will get more leafs than usual i dont know... What you tnink ? any adviece appreciated about how to grow autos

• 2 weeks later...

I have my dieselryders on 18/6 and they do great. They aren't very leafy, and the buds are fat.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but it makes it much easier light wise.

Though I grew some other autos outside last summer, and they did fine in the short light at the end of the season too. Maybe it doesn't matter.

I know what you mean about the unstable strains. I have had good luck with the Joint Dr's Diesel Ryder, but a few other's have been hard to germinate, and seem to have several phenotypes.

It would be nice if GH came out with a line, though I think I'm going to move mostly to female cloning.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys my plants are in week 1 in flowering . I have blueberry gws and taiga as well .They are growing in 5L pots . My question is with 3 x 400 watt hps how much should i expect to yield from a single plant.How much is the yield from a single autoflowering plant in 5L pot almost in perfect conditions ???

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to mention that my plants are in SOIL in 5l containers. 120g per plant wowowow : ) . If i get the half of their production i ll be very happy : ) i will let you know in the end how much i scored from a single plant. And who said the autos are not a big yielder

There are way too many variables to tell.

I have gotten an 30 grams from one Diesel ryder, and 20 grams from another. It really depends on how the type of plant. As the autos grow so fast you can't manipulate them too much. You can't fim them, well you can but shouldn't as you'll lose your main cola with no time to make up for it with side shoots.

Once you grow one strand for a bit you'll have a better idea. My last crop yielded 120 grams for a 3'x2' foot print.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

i know this is an old topic but i would just like to say for anybody looking into growing autos you get the best results at 18 on 6 off or 20 of 4 on from start to finnish. what i usually do just to get the resin going alittle more is on the last week i switch it too 12 /12 then after 4 days i take it and put the plant in darkness until day 7 .

thats not to say you can't grow autos at 12/12 but if you do your plant will stretch more and your buds wont have the same density. another little thin i find alot of people even on this forum get confused about when talking about autos is the timeing schedule regular cannabis plants will usually only have the flowering period marked down when saying how long it takes to finnish autoflowering plants are labeled from seed to finnish so when it says 60 days from seed to finnish that is including both the veg period and flowering period. that meens you dont start counting the days when the preflowers arrive you start counting from day 1. till finnish.

auto's are great for the fact that they finnished so quickly and are decently potent or quality bud one of the main reasons is because they flower faster then regular strains an autoflower plant will veg and flower in the time it takes a normal indica strain just to flower

• Like 1

Yes i agree totaly with you, on what i've seen so far autos are great,

Just to add my thing if you allow me ^^ I would like to say that by doing my 12/12 from seed experiment so far, i have to say prpetty much all of my "regular" feminised seed declared earlier than my autos and finished in very equal time, it is true that yet i haven't grown true sativas this (i've had few sativa phenos but i don't assimilate them to sativa's i don't think they would really have same flowering).

So YES! auto's are very nice and give some very nice buds very quick, BUT so far with Money Maker, 4 Ice Dream, Kalashnikova, Exodus Cheese, VAnilla Kush, and moby dick, the lnger took about 100 days on 12/12 from seed, and that's because i pushed her to the end. but harvest really started around day 70 with the ice dreal's, which i think is a pretty fair score for regular feminised seed, and i think Money makers are pretty much on the same way :D

Have a good grow guys ;)

Autos are indeed a revolution for indoor growers - small plants that will flower automaticallly without having ti invest in a long 18 hour VEG schedule with the results of large bushy plants when the flowering begins. THey are packed with buds pretty fast and grow in various phenos, which is nice. 60 day wonders I still will have to see cause most AUTOS take 5 to 7 weeks before the flowering begins - depending on the lights of course.

Advances - short + compact, easy to grow and easy to handle - a bit faster than regular seeds- the size allows to grow more in smaller growing cabins .

Downsides imo

They still need more stable phenos and a faster growing schedule to really be that 60 day wonders people expect. Most Autos I've seen here took 80 to 100 days from seed - not 60 days.

Still a lovely plant for people growing their own stash-not interesting as a money crop !

• Like 1

Genetic modification should not scare anyone. It is only a simple crossing process with an other cannabis strain, that grows wild for example in hungary, ukraine, ... And it is a great revolution! Specially on places, where industrial hemp was grown for hundreds of years, becouse their unpotent survivors pollinate. In spain it is a little better, becouse the maroccan pollen is not that bad for breeding, or at least giving seeds for next year, but around here the pollinated ones are fucked up, and the seeds are useless. Autos give us the great opportunity to grow sensimilla even in these places, if started in the right time, + it gets the most intense days of the year, so the quality is not worse, so on, it is much better! And both the quality and quantity seem to improve to me very quickly! once they can really hit 50-100 g average outdoors, it is reasonable to think about a sog.

Happy growing!

Go autos go!!!

• Like 2

Well at the beginning autoflowering strain are as natural as any morocon strain or himalyan strain that have adapted to their environment. Ruderalis girls are no modified at all, not by human at least, then only the crossing comes, so as much genetic modification as in any crosse of two strain. so i don't understand your worrieness :)

Don't be scardof them, smoke 'em if you got 'em ;)

Autos are nice and handy - the yield is great for the size of the plants. You "med" growers are limited to numbers, we normal illegal growers are limited in space + time so that makes it even..Lowryders, hashplants and ruderalis are around forever and when the crossing works out well the Autos are a good alternative for people who grow their own supply.

There is room and a market for them as well as there is a market for Sativas or 14 week flowering super females..some even complain about feminized seeds..well - the growing movement has changed and thousands of rookies and noobs try their hand with a grow tent and a couple seeds , for those Autos are a nice introduction-no hassle with 18 hour VEG electricity costs, strict darkness schedules. The energy supply becomes a bigger burden all the time - either obscene costs make growing tunattractive vs buying hash or the police surveys your electricity consumption . Think about it - plus they are great for outdoors as you already mentioned.

• Like 1

Guess only practicing i.e. growing an AUTO may change your mind. There is a difference if your plant is only 2 feet high or 4 to 6 and packed with a fat top cola and nice side colas - okay it may only yield 20 to 50 grams average but still .... you could use any cupboard or set up an easy construction and grow autos without needing a Cooltube and massive ventilation.

The main reason though I like Autos is the fact my Auto Bomb is a true beauty and amazes me daily. Her cola is flowering up and the smell has changed again.. I bet she's pretty close to wedding !

Sure big plants and esp. Sativas are another calibre, but who can grow them in a small appartement with a limited budget ?

i don't know if cupboard grow would work with auto. They are supposed to start flowering as soon as the main vertical root touches the bottom of the pots. so in cupboard that means pretty soon, i think you would have little one buds, but very little, i had one of my outdoor bomb in 1L pot for 2 weks, she started flowering so low the bitch, i think she'll give me like 5g lol. I'll see now i know i'll put them outside directly.

And i Agree with DKH for me autos are marketing thing, my fem seeds under 12/12 from seed do better job and quicker...and with 12hours of light instead of 18 or 20..just sayin ;)

• Like 1