Diamond Girl, outdoors

hexx_NL

They all grew from the same batch of seeds. And also got exactly the same treatment. Nevertheless, there's a big difference in size. Just gows to show, my friends, that Mother Nature is full of surprises.

almostready.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hello hexx,

good to see you're starting another balcony Batch.

Watch-out for a late Ice Heilige.  Forecasters a bit south of you have warned us, and the 14-day forecast Shows some iffy nights as far out as ~25 May.  Might have to cover them or bring them in for a night or two.

But they are looking lovely.

• Like 1

Don't worry about night frost that much anymore. The balcony is two floors up. Unfortunately not in Spain, but facing the south, so it catches all the sunlight there is in this god forsaken corner of the planet. Had plenty of sun today and a few nice days before as well. The weather will be changing soon, I've heard.

• Like 1

Wow!

That was quite a storm last night.

The clouds were full of electricity; thankfully it was mostly cloud-to-cloud.

But the Hagel was the bigger Problem.  I hope my plants didn't get trampled.

I feel sorry for the farmers in the Allgäu...   they had Hagel bis zum 5 cm, I heard.

But I think that is not the last of the Ice Heilige.

Cool to see you back for another year round :) Seems like the last one was yesterday damn everytime same thing happens! :) Maybe im too disconnected of the time lol, but i will follow with pleasure this year as well, will you keep them all or select the best one for you r balcony?

Have a good grow

• Like 1

Nice to be back, Dust, thanks for the welcome. I always keep one plant myself and pass the others on to friends. This year, one of them gave me an AMS in return. So that means two ladies on the balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

After a week or so, the two young ladies on my balcony seem to have gotten used to the harsh outdoor life. As you can see below, the Diamond Girl is growing in a rather bushy fashion.

diamondgirl.jpg

The AMS, on the other hand, appears to want to grow tall. I topped it yesterday, let's see how that turns out this summer.

ams.jpg

• Like 1

Really nice plants! I have a question about topping. Is it necessary to do the topping, because, when I look at my plants they seem not to have the top that is really big and it doesn't seem to bother the rest of the plant, so I didn't do it. Did I go wrong?

Your babies look really healthy! I hope they bring you good yield.

Nice start to a new year of outdoor growing.  I'm looking forward to watching these girls grow through the summer.  I'm a little behind your grow, but I'll start my own thread with pictures this weekend.  Have a GREAT growing season!

• Like 1

Really nice plants! I have a question about topping. Is it necessary to do the topping, because, when I look at my plants they seem not to have the top that is really big and it doesn't seem to bother the rest of the plant, so I didn't do it. Did I go wrong?

Your babies look really healthy! I hope they bring you good yield.

Topping should get the plant to grow wider, rather than tall. So I guess it won't do any harm if you don't top her ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Topping the AMS was a good idea. She seems to have gotten the message and is developing sideways and upwards.

toppedlady.jpg

Both ladies are doing just fine now. The Diamond Girl to the left, the AMS to the right.

twosisters.jpg

Looking really good, I'm jealous in a nice way :cool:   I'm finally going to get mine into their final 20 gallon smart pots this afternoon.  Mine were only started two weeks ago and have been in a mini greenhouse in my backyard.  I had to delay things as I was having all the windows in my house replaced with new ones and I didn't want the workers to be able to see my girls.  As even though mine is a legal grow, this doesn't stop thieves.  So I hope to start  my outdoor grow thread by this weekend with pictures and names of varieties.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Looking really good.  I've been neglecting to post for awhile. I'll take more pictures this weekend and post.  I have one variety that is in it's 4th week of flowering already with beautiful Indica buds.  Pics will be posted next week.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hopefully you got a lot more than just this little bud? :-)  I'm trying to get one more week of growth to fatten up my saliva's a little bit more.  The weather here has suddenly turned bad.  Last week was sunny with day temps 27 and nights 12, now it's day 16 and night 5.  This will be their last week before harvest.  Congratulations on another successful year.

• Like 1