Several year lurker from the States

newyorkfungi

Hello everyone! wanted to start by saying I'm a self identified Mycologist and that i consider myself a talented cannabis cultivator who has spent many years researching, learning from  both my own mistakes, and those of a small group of dedicated cultivating friends. I take my growing pretty seriously and I learned the hard way quite some time ago there really is very little room for slacking if I expect to produce high quality cannabis with bag appeal! I make sure I offer the proper equipment and environment, even if it means constant improvement of the area. I've personally grown in many different grow mediums and systems to include Soil and soil organic, Coco coir, Outdoor Guerrilla, Deep Water Culture, and a whole lot of experience with Aeroponic and Aero / DWC mix. I've used, developed, and built several different Aero apparatus designs of varying sizes, efficiency, and complexity.

That all being said, you guys at GHSC are my freaking heroes! In my honest opinion, you guys are the industry standard. The quality and stability of your genetics are what I've come to expect from a seed provider and am often (Not always) reminded of that often when straying else where. Your support to the community, industry, and for your product has been priceless and valued highly!

You are an inspiration and make it easier to remain steadfast to approach cultivation from a scientific method position. I'm a very motivated, passionate, and competent person and am glad to have you guys setting the bar I can always aim for even if unattainable this late in the game.  I'm looking forward to further growing as a grower with you guys and offering what I can in return to the community. 

I hope to be able to visit your shops some day!

Cheers!

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum :). Thank you very much for your kind words, we like to know that you are happy with the work.

We want to see (if you want) pictures of plants and crops, it sounds very interesting.

Greetings!

OK, you asked for it!

In these pictures, you will see many strains in many different environments. The strains below include

Buy Dutch Seeds Special

NYPD

GHSC Great White Shark

Liberty Haze

GHSC Super Silver Haze

Dinafem White Widow

BlimBurn BCN Masa Critica

An unknown apparent Kush Hybrid (seemingly accurate)

Blue Dream

Holy Grail Kush

Cinderella 99

Afghani

Here you will see various mothers and a gutter unit with downward facing sprayers I built. I will have a pic later that shows how each gutter can be moved from res to res whether it be another tote type res or a 5 gallon bucket for custom tailored nutrient solutions.

post-37448-0-66577300-1438166624.jpg

post-37448-0-73244600-1438166658.jpg

post-37448-0-94136900-1438166677.jpg

post-37448-0-01117300-1438166755.jpg

post-37448-0-69276400-1438166783.jpg

post-37448-0-73929100-1438166818.jpg

post-37448-0-69722200-1438166842.jpg

post-37448-0-08424800-1438166864.jpg

post-37448-0-49779500-1438166872.jpg

post-37448-0-36761100-1438166880.jpg

post-37448-0-37386600-1438166886.jpg

post-37448-0-31702800-1438166896.jpg

post-37448-0-92257300-1438166938.jpg

post-37448-0-73920900-1438166949.jpg

post-37448-0-67705100-1438166974.jpg

post-37448-0-15300300-1438166981.jpg

post-37448-0-20787300-1438166990.jpg

post-37448-0-19806900-1438167002.jpg

• Like 2

I’m in the process of constructing an 80 unit root to fruit vertical set up with 2x 600w hps and 1 600w mh. No emitters, simple fence post design with gravity irrigation through a series of baffles which keep the water dispersed evenly. I expect to have it all set by the time the clones seen in those pics above are all ready to rock and roll.

Some of the progress so far -

post-37448-0-96108800-1438167752.jpg

post-37448-0-24334600-1438167763.jpg

• Like 1

The paper is the template I made up for the baffles where lots of holes will be drilled in them to redistribute the solution into more of a "rain" type pattern when running. The rest of the time, the roots will hang in the air. There will be a screen around the columns where the plants will be weaved through. I'm really excited about this design. From everything I've personally experienced to date, I have high expectations of its potential. I hope to be able to keep it enclosed and supplement with CO2 but we'll have to see how cool I can keep the cool tubes and ambient temp under control. I currently have 11,000 BTU of AC running between the two rooms but I'll be running 3400 watts total but the ballasts are also within the air conditioned space. I know I'll need to upgrade my cooling capacity but we'll see by how much. It's not as simple as the 3k btu to 1k w formula.

The new Blue Labs PH controller makes me about the happiest guy in the world and was well worth the $430 USD I paid for it if it works! lol. I currently have a pretty sizable investment into this 80 unit.

I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

post-37448-0-02382900-1438167829.jpg

post-37448-0-41980600-1438167842.jpg

• Like 1

Really nice set-up man.  Love the aeroponics set-up, and the description of your future aeroponics idea.

You do take things seriously.  Looks like you are completely sold on the nutrient family "General Hydroponics".

Some of your pics aren't opening for me (maybe my Explorer); do you have a picture of the Blue Labs pH Controller?  Which model do you have, and let us know if it works well for you.  Thanks.

Hey, in your post on 29 July at 12:51 PM, in the 5th photo, I see a plant that seems to have leaves with only 3 leaflets; none of the leaves seem to exhibit the 5- or 7-leaflet characteristic.  What is the strain of that specimen?

For those Hunters who are curious, here is some info with pictures about Pythium Root Rot on marijuana:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=228590

If the link fails in the future, simply search with an engine "Pythium on marijuana"...

Cannabissapean, on 31 Jul 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:

Really nice set-up man.  Love the aeroponics set-up, and the description of your future aeroponics idea.

You do take things seriously.  Looks like you are completely sold on the nutrient family "General Hydroponics".

Some of your pics aren't opening for me (maybe my Explorer); do you have a picture of the Blue Labs pH Controller?  Which model do you have, and let us know if it works well for you.  Thanks.

Hey, in your post on 29 July at 12:51 PM, in the 5th photo, I see a plant that seems to have leaves with only 3 leaflets; none of the leaves seem to exhibit the 5- or 7-leaflet characteristic.  What is the strain of that specimen?

For those Hunters who are curious, here is some info with pictures about Pythium Root Rot on marijuana:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=228590

If the link fails in the future, simply search with an engine "Pythium on marijuana"...

Thanks for your kind words! The plant you described is the unknown Kush hybrid I spoke of prior. Flowering, it can be seen in the 1st of the flowering area pics. Its buds can be seen cured and close up next to the super thrive bottle with the big knots. The leaf structure on many of my plants right now unfortunately dropped down to three leaflets. They have seemed to do it after stressing. Some of the plants you see that are stretched and may look like they had bug damage or a nitrogen deficiency were stationed outdoors to be planted but due to unforeseen circumstances I was unable to get back to them in a timely manner so they were quickly overtaken by native grasses and slugs. They were brought back inside to be nursed back to health (I have a very effective pest control program that does not include any chemical spray indoors to where I need not worry about bringing contaminated or infested plants back inside).

As far as the other 3 leaflet plants go, they were all 5+ at one point. I recently mixed up my own organic soil for the 1st time and made some errors resulting in dangerously low PH which I'm only just now getting back under control. The other large mother (BDS Special) plant in the black tote pot is the last of my problem children. They are both pretty old plants and have supplied me with hundreds of clones each. I expect the Kush hybrid to be back to 100% soon and pushing out 5 point leaves again.

There is a picture of the Blue Labs controller (last pic in my last post with pictures). If the image does not show the model is "Bluelab Ph Controller 716342.

I've found that PH has almost always been my biggest problem since I got my environment under control. In addition to my mycology endeavors and this, I'm also an independent residential contractor and own an online retail store so I'm an incredibly busy person. I'm doing my best to automate at least my flowering room so my nutrient solution attention is reduced to under an hour a week which is very doable with the PH controller, a few reservoirs and potentially the Powder feeding regimen.

That brings me to my final response. I'm sold on the GH nutrient line as a multi-step approach due to it's low comparative cost and results which I seem able to get some pretty incredible yields while other gardeners I know use other brands and can't seem to produce nearly the same amount or quality. That said, I've been observing some of the grow journals here and I'm really impressed with the beautiful plants and yields being produced of the Powder feeding line. Coming from you guys, it shouldn't surprise me though it still manages to. I intend to source it locally if possible soon and give it a test run. If it does for me what I'm seeing it do for others - it will greatly streamline my process, simplify my routine, and save me a lot of time and headache! I have high hopes for it.

• 8 months later...

newyorkfungi,

A year on, I am curious. 

How did your test-run with Powderfeeding go? 

Had you yet made contact with GreenHouse to discuss the possibility of your distributing their Products out of New York?

And, although I am not in your area and I cannot personally visit your retail store, what do you sell there?