New Grower Flower Question

chillsme

Hey there, I have 2 questions if thats ok.

Sorry if seem stupid ones. New grower here.

1.. When you say girls take 7 to 8 weeks for flower,

when does that start. eg: as soon as you start 12/12 of when you see flowers start.

2.. Im using  Rock Resinator  for big blooms but it says to use in second stage of flowering.

When is that.

Look forward to hear replys.

Cheers.. David

Yeah, Flowering time counts start once you put the lights from 18 hours to 12 hours and change the spectrum (MH vs HPS usually). Second stage of flowering is not a widely used term but I guess it means once the buds start to ripen and start forming resin and getting sticky and smelly. When you grow an Indica or Hybrid with short flowering times ( say 50 to 60 days ( 8 to 10 weeks) that will be around week 5 to 7. usually 6. That is when you are supposed to feed PK 13/14 . But I may be wrong when it comes to your product. Best write an email to the company, that prduces it or contact the grow shop you got it from. Definitely NOT before halftime, read 4 weeks I bet.

HTH

Hi,

Bam 100%..right..

I can only add in late flowering(maybe that 2nd stage) "she stop growing UP so rapidly"so not much N is need then feed PK . Easy to check by meter tape.

Keep growing and maybe some Journal fo us so we can always help..

Hey guys,

Thanks heaps for help. Much appreciated.

I ended up emailing my hydro shop and this was the reply.

Hope this helps any one wanting to use Rock Resinator.

Second half of flowering is week 4 on.

Resinator can be used from the first sign of flowering.

Cheers David

r

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the part of this question that I need an answer to is from when do you start counting weeks - I'm growing outside so I cannot adjust the light 12/12.
so do you only count from after there are real buds or from when the white hairs begin to proliferate?

You see tiny white hairs forming up on the internodes (the parts from where the side branches grow) ? These are called pre-flowers, forming often into tiny swords. That is the beginning of the flowerring time. Outdoors it is not important to count weeks anyway. Usually the info on the package say ready either middle or end of september or middle of october/end of october and some Sativas even are not ready before november. You will see the white hairs turning dark (red/brown/purple) when the plant ripens. When you got at least 1/3rd of the hairs turn amber/red/brown/yellow9 you can start to think about harvesting. taking samples makes sense, like the effect ? ready if not wait a week longer and try again . Good luck, bro..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Like Bam said you start to count your flowering days from the time you switch to 12/12 and your second part of your question is your flowering stage has two parts when you first switched to flower your plants still grow a lot this is called the stretch stage once they have finished this stage they will start the full on budding process and start producing s lot of white hairs this will be the second stage they are talking about and the plant is in full budding or flowering stage

Hello there silclay I didn't see your question sorry mate. Ok like you say outdoor does everything for you so no need to worry about flowering and switching times and stuff she will start to flower as your winter starts to show and your outside temperature starts to cool or drop just make sure you are giving good liquid fertiliser with N.P.K.a must and S if you can and you will be fine even a little bit of pot ash will help you and just sit back and watch her grow. Yes all my last comment was meant for the guy that had the original post that we are in and is for indoor but if it helps you as well then its a bonus.