Super Lemon Exodus Cheese Haze aka SLEX Test Grow 1

Bam-Bhole

Man I am more than impressed by the fertility of these seeds/genetics. I  cannot remember any seeds I grew, that were faster developing. From the time I got the seeds to now not even a complete week passed by and all seeds were developing their rootlets within 48 hours (First I left them in water, till all cracked up, then into paper. About 36 hours later all 5 seeds had developed long cotillions, the fastest had circled all around the seed and I was not so sure, where to place them, so that the root can grow directly down side. Sadly that made this fertile girlie to grow the rootlet in the wrong direction. So i tossed it out and tried to correct that but somehow a piece of the root broke off and hence that 1 girl had problems. It was growing but the helmet did not come off and when i tried to help it manually I noticed the seedling was not rooted properly. so I finally tossed it out and put it into a tiny pot with CANNA SEED Mix soil. To my real surprise this seems to help- we wil lsee. i already soaked a replacement seed inn water, just in case. All others are perfectly fine. 3 already got 1 long main root growing outside the bottom of the EZ Plug, but I prefer to transplant the Plugs when more roots are showing up. That is where the perlite is for.

Below you can see what they look like this morning in the sunshine....From monday to monday....

post-10461-0-57962400-1446457741.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks folx ! All are doing well, the one in thecanna seed mix recovers and the reserve seed has just risen it's tiny head/helemet over the ground. to avoid stretching and to kick start with a light feeding regimei am in the process of repotting the EZ Plugs into bigger containers with additional Root extender. Seems safer to me then putting them directly in the root pouches. Just about transplanting number 4 with the best root system now. Here is a picture of the stuff I got from  Nirvana - 6 Euro for 5 bags. Never tried it before, but i will see.

BTW my last Exodus Cheese just got the final flush It was a latey and the smallest of the bunch, but now it really amazes me with it's mighty packed + tight cola and the amount of resin. Should be ready next week. Fed her RIPEN since 10 days and it looks + smells more amazing every new day.. It was 12/12 from seed and was Vegged outside mostly.

So i hope the SLEX will be as tightly packed, resinous just a lot bigger and even more potent.

This is under HPS 400 watts picture taken a few days ago. I'll show you the plant veforeharvest in natural lights.Always good to give the Cheese a few weeks longer to get the full aroma + heavy stoned effect. 

post-10461-0-36805700-1446731079.jpg

post-10461-0-93377700-1446731093.jpg

• Like 3

Going into the second week of the Veg with the SLEX. They are doing well but the seedling I had to repot looks critical. Glad I started that replacement seed in the small pot with the CANNA Seed soil, I sprinked a bit of coc on top since it was a bit stretchy - looks very solid + healthey. They are now under NEOn lights (Daylight) for 18 hours and get a light feeding regime. ATM I use GHE DUO Grow+Flower according to the GHE feeding schedule. That was my first set of fertilizers and hence I needed more RIPEN and ph down powder/test kit I ordered a TRI-PACK for 19.95 - 1/2 l of GHe Flora + 1/2 l GHE Grow plus half a litre of RIPEN. A product I really like for the final phase. Later on I will change to the Powder Feeding. (Once I take cuttings I want to experiment what works better GHE or Powderfeeding.

Okay Here are pictures of the 4 original SLEX, the repotted and the replacement seedling.

post-10461-0-65715900-1447154348.jpg

post-10461-0-90385100-1447154366.jpg

post-10461-0-03592400-1447154382.jpg

post-10461-0-30402200-1447154393.jpg

• Like 6

Sorry but hence no one mentioned it I already started cutting off the top and a few side stems. I can gladly show you some nice cured buds..:-).. I noticed that the form of the flowers changed in form an look more like the picture in the catalogue .. I still got half of the plant. Once the flushed water has evaporated and the soil/coco is dry I take that down.

The characteristic cowstall smelli is more ponounced, too. I love the Cheese even though the top was so heavy smelling I could not do the initial drying indoors...

BTw I also had a KUSH with a heavy lemon arom, that reminded me of the SLH I once grew. i hate that citron aroma and am quite allergic to it but I noticed after waiting a couple days/weeks longer the once overpowering lemon cent got a lot milder and turned into a nicer mandarine type, lemon tart aroma I actually like. So I guess I took down the SLH too early back then (I only had 2 seeds anyway) and could not understand why people like that taste/aroma. Is that true ?

I can only imagine how that deep musky skunk aroma turns out when mixed wth a lemon tart aroma. Probably very distinctive !

• Like 1

Thanks FIM and everybody wsihing me luck. Outside meant putting it in a brown paper bag and placing it on my balcomy for just one night;then the enormous SKUNK aroma was far less distinctive and I dry the rest indoors. . It was mild for the season. I can show you the main tops of the KUSH with that initially agrressive/annoying citron smell that by now is very nice. Great Kush. (KUSH auto from female sedds-a good yielder but just this one was indeed a really good fattie. The one I ereaped before was a genetic anomalie with just 10 grams or less but the taste + high was impressive OG KUSH like..

lBack to those SLH Igrew years ago. The effect was super potent/heavy but goood. The taste ? Imagine sucking on a piece of wood with some lemon juice sprinkled on top. 

It is not only that I don't like the smelll + taste but it effects my stomach - not exactly how I like my weed.

The Cheese though - Wow I dried some fast and smoked 2 splifs pure in big RAW paper ands the taste was already mild and the high lovely - not as strong as that KUSH, thoughFuck-batteries empty AGAIN - pix follow

• Like 1

Indeed the Cheese is really great. Perfect balance of body stone + a heavy cerebral high. I get the best results mixing it with that OG Kush with that beautiful mandarine/citrus fruit aroma. When I press a bit of cheese within that Kush the sensation is even more amazing, if you ignore that head note and get dowbn to the heart aroma I get that unforgettable smell I only got from that old 79 jamaican Sativas. I always tried to get that unique flavor. Onlyy missing is the aroma of fresh cut carrots that lingered on my favorite Sensi cuts back then. Really proud of the last harvest. The curing of the Exodus is not completely done but the OG Kush turned out fantastic.

Anyway- that is the good news-bad news is i hosted 2 small seedlings for a close friend only to find out that these pots were infested by white flies. Hence then I tried hard to keep them under control- Solved 2 tablets in water to cure them but with so much soil in the growroom it did not work out as it should. I also used Neem oil on the leaves but the poor little one's looked sad. i don't want to show you pictures. What gives me hope is that 1 seems healthy and is growing properly. Much more advanced than the rest. That sick girly sems to slowly recover and I seperatd them from the veg room. I have to clean that one up and  shrub the walls with with Sagrotan, before I can use that room again. I have them in the open with a T5 2&55 watt light. 2 are critical, one got some light leaf colors, looks like a deficiency and the 2 laties are catching up. Next week I decide which one's to keep. Hopefully all will come thru.Then I take 1 as a mother plant for cuttings.

So long..

• Like 1

Been busy this morning filling my bedroom with the most precious ganja aroma - Soft secret sheets carry the Kush/Exodus  flavour just fine..After that I completed the necessary tasks a grower must fulfill. I watched that messy SLEX grow long enough to realize that I had to kill 3 of the lilliput wannabe Trees, that were stunted in the very sensitive earliest growing stage by Both, tha mosquito ..I simply would waste time, effort and time trying to get anything reasonable from those sad babies. The ratio of size from the sole real healthy SLEX and those bonsai plants was 1:10 or so. SLEX 2 is nearly as big as the good one, but the löeaves had tosuffer a lot more and their color is not of that dark green I want. Anyway i cut off those crippled leaves, now it looks like a well rooted clone. Anyway - the good news is that the rootsystem of the SLEX was solid . massive with some signs of pot bound brown roots at the ottom. No problem. So finally this one is now in the Root pouch and will be put in the flowering tent immediately. If the plan had worked out and I had 5 insteaf 1 SLEX plus 3 KUSH, that were not as sensitive to the bugs as the SLEX and they would get another 10 days of 400 watt MH. But for 1 or 2 SLEX I see no reason to pay for the extra 18hours 400 watts by 10. I just started 2 more SLEX inGRODAN  rockwool cubes. The one I started later, after the incident with SLEX 5 is also doing nice, but needs more time of course. Hope that will make 5 as planned sometime this year-pictures will follow once I know if all are rooted fine in the root pouch (at least the first 3). Lots of work, SLEX is really sensitive but got potential - bet the GH KUSH would be more healthy - maybe I get a chance to test them after this grow ?

ONE

• Like 1

The problems with this SLEX is even worse than I thoughtyesterday-i put that one plant in the root pouch in my flowering tent with the nice plants ready for christmas. A few hours after the lights went out I saw the mess. Again mosquitos and the next door plant was already attacked by bugs. That was enough. This genetics is hyper sensitive and if you have any kind of bugs none of the various methods to keep bugs at bay work. Neither Optonic tablets (3 times solved in water), Neem oil , nor Pyrrethium will help. So in case you grow SLEX and see a bug kill them immediately - you save a lot of soil, feeding and work.

The reason I know it is the genetics is obvious. The 3 Special KUSH No. 1 I started next to the SLEX have all recovered and can be used further, while these are all complete loss. The 1 exception seems to be the one I started a week later for thatone growing rot in the wrong direction.

So along with the 2 SLEX in grodan 4by4 cm blocks I planted 2 more and another 3 Secial kush No. 1- The SLEX will be grown in hydroponics in a seperate grow room. So maybe I might still be able to grow some SLEX. If i had bought those seeds IÄd ask my money back. This needs more research before you ca sell it for amateurs.

This is the worst grow in the last 4 years.

Here you get some proof.

You see the bug infested root pouch SLEX, the one with the curled leaves I cut off - both in the trashcan. Plus 2 of the lilliputs I erased a few days ago.

The 3 dark green healthy plants in different sized pots are Special Kush- They survived the bug infestion easily.

Finally the only 1 SLEX I might actually keep on growing.

post-10461-0-73589300-1448565315.jpg

post-10461-0-25582600-1448565343.jpg

post-10461-0-40167700-1448565361.jpg

post-10461-0-22097400-1448565488.jpg

• Like 3

it looks like the big one is starting to show calcium deficiency early signs and the second last picture is showing iron or sulphur deficiency, hard to tell from picture color but the light new growth is clearly showing it

i cant see any major bug damage on them mostly nutrient deficiencys like the red/brown rust spots from calcium def

are you sure bugs did all the damage and not the micro nutrient deficiencys, they cant fight bugs if they are hungry or locked out after all

to me they seem to be everything but sensitive with bugs, quite the opposite:D   the slh parent of slex seem to have specially good defence against mites and other bugs also as they always leave it pretty much alone while attacking my other plants, ive had it 2,5 years now

• Like 1

They are not too far off so that you should trash them, whatever caused it there is plenty time to fix everything in that plant stage :)   CALM DOWN  :)

+1 to what jank said, I want to add that Dolomite Lime might be a thing to consider, you may already do.

Young plants are very sensitive, many things could have been IT, we might never find out.....

• Like 1

Okie Dokie.

Update to the Test Grow(s).

I finally got those pests under control. Those yellow sticky show plugs are clean, so I put the SPECIAL KUSH No. 1 (my favorite KUSH.an afghani landrace oily and tasty like the famous Hashish out of that region), that due to the old time landrace trats weren't injured by those pests - together with the SLEX in the root pouch, The one I had to cut off most leaves AND of course that one I planted a week later (this one is the healthiest, minor problem it is not as straight upwards growing like it should - but that will change.

These are by now under 400 watt HPS / 12 hours together with my christmas grow. Start of flowering December 1st. !!!

The 7 new seeds have by now all pushed up their hads, One got a proble with the rockwool, it seems to be stuck inside a bit, so I took a scissor and cut off about 1 cm around the top. Now I wait if it pushes thru - if not I will transplant the seedling.)

I got pictures.

The SLEX is of a lighter green from the KUSH and the 4 SLEX are still covered with the Grodan paper around (3) the other sits a top on the far right; 

4 SLEX, 3 RQSK No. 1

Nuff talk

post-10461-0-42160200-1449073434.jpg

post-10461-0-93384400-1449073450.jpg

post-10461-0-19910400-1449073466.jpg

• Like 3

Bam-Bhole,

I like your grow.  Seeing your pictures here has inspired me to plan a modification to my DWC method.  I plan, for the future, to cut my initial rockwool cubes a bit larger.  I think my seedlings need a bit better drainage (thanks also to FIM for the "better drainage" suggestion) and more room in the initial cube, so that even the seedling's roots can get more oxygen.  Hey, it's a continuing learning experience...    Love it...

• Like 2

A wise decision. I tried the smaller brown-ish rock wool cubes for the start of the actual, soon to be harvested growing cycle and had so many seedlings not making it, like in my early days as a newbie. The seeds hate that shit. The GRODAN Cubes 4by4 oth hardly make problems. I did not even put the sedds in water before planting them--i accidentally swallowed 2 SLEX seeds I had stashed in a water glass and in the morning I put some Cola on top and dreank them...lol

So now i just put them asshole up in the cubes or EZ Plugs whatever and voila, You just have to be careful not to dig them in too deep. I had 1 loss due to that, but still my success rate is okay - 8 out of 10 over the year I would say.

I got some LIBRA cases and Grodan 1 meter rols and want to put 3 KUSH and 3 SLEX in each Libra case and grow these hydroponically. Coco brings pretty good results, too. But you need to watch both the ph value and the EC level. Since I fine tune my feedings that way-even warming up the water to around 18 degrees the buds keep on exploding and the leaves look perfectly fine. What a difference vs just adding whatever amount of feedings you might think is good. Most fertilizers give you way too high levels to use anyway and too much is nearly as bad as using no ferts at all.

Love that bluelab truncheon, sure it takes 5 to 10 minutes to get the right balances of ph + EC, but I always mix up 10 litres and that is enough for 5 days or so. It feels good to do a job to the best of our ability !

• Like 2

Allright, couple more pix.

Newbies - 3 SLEX in Grodan cubes + 2 SPKUSH's at exactly the same height/age getting exactly the same treatment. The plant's do already look very different.

Group pic of the 6 newer plants in fresh flowering. Group + individual shots outside the tent 1 SLEX looks a lot darker green with way more Damnesia type of strawberry leaves next to the very light green SLEX.

Which plants do look healthier ?

Finally proof that the bug infestion is over-the yelllow sticker shows no signs of flieas or other mosquitos.

post-10461-0-89984300-1449266915.jpg

post-10461-0-65175300-1449266929.jpg

post-10461-0-14085600-1449266943.jpg

post-10461-0-49888800-1449266957.jpg

post-10461-0-88695800-1449266968.jpg

post-10461-0-95930000-1449266985.jpg

post-10461-0-76705600-1449266998.jpg

post-10461-0-13599300-1449267022.jpg

post-10461-0-65320900-1449267039.jpg

post-10461-0-32641300-1449267052.jpg

• Like 6

Quite happy by now. After I erased the 2 bonsai type SLEX the 3 SLEX left are transplanted into bigger pots.  I could see the rooting was decent  and by now using the Greenhouse Sativa feeding solution at 1,5 EC and a ph of 5,7 they start to perform nicely !

I am very hyped up to perform my very first hydroponic grow with the 3  fresh SLEX. I already transplanted them and stuck the 4 By 4 cm cubes into  bigger blocks 

Anyway the survving SLEX are now in their final shoes and when I transplanted the one with lots of leaves eaten up I could see the rooting was okay - not too bad. It is now in the biggest square pot and thrives like crazy..lol

• Like 1