Green House Kush Test compared against Kaia Kush, each comparing Short Powder Feeding against Advanced Hydroponics Nutrients by Cannabissapean

Cannabissapean

06 Dec 2015

Reservoirs:  Left is for Advanced Hydroponics.  Right is for Powderfeeding.Image000.jpg

I had stored my pH-meter again in KCL, and that seemed to correct its erratic behavior.  Now, I trust it again.

The pH in both reservoirs measured about 6.8, so I started to add pH-Down (Nitric Acid 35%) while the feeding was off, to try to bring the reservoirs back down to ~5.6 to 5.8.  But the solution resisted downward change again.  I added pH-Down again and again until....

suddenly it jumped down to 2.4 on the meter.  Ruined that batch of powder-feeding.... 

My problem is that I am too impatient.  I keep forgetting to allow a corrected solution to sit for a while, and to re-measure a few minutes after a correction.  I had to toss that 14-Liter batch of Powder-feeding nutrients and re-mix another.  In order to remain fair to the TEST and treat both sets of specimens the same, I decided to toss the Advanced Hydroponics solution as well, and re-mix both reservoirs afresh.

11-Liters rainwater pH-adjusted to 5.8 mixed with 10-grams Short-Flowering Powder-feed.

11-Liters rainwater pH-adjusted to 5.8 mixed with the recommended dosages from Advanced Hydroponics (10ml 1-Grow, 10ml 2-Bloom, 5ml 3-Micro, 5ml Top-Max, 5ml Enzymes+).

Picture of the Vegg Set-up

Image001.jpg

Picture of the Vegg-room Thermometer/Hygrometer

Image002.jpg

Picture of the Gray Thermometer22°C/Hygrometer23% of the Warehouse

Image003.jpg

The Babies are looking better, except for KK1PF, struggling to overcome the folded-leaf syndrome.  Pictures of the girls coming later.

• Like 1

06Dec2015

All four of the GreenHouse Kush seedlings are progressing rapidly now. Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image007.jpg Image006.jpg

Image015.jpg Image014.jpgImage016.jpg

There is certainly something wrong with the KK1PF.  Remember this seed KK1PF was hatched the same time as GHK1PF, GHK2AH and GHK3PF, and about 2 weeks before GHK4AH had germinated, and about 3 weeks older than her Strain-sister KK2AH.  But as long as she stays green, I figure there is still some chance that she may decide to start growing.Image008.jpg

Image013.jpg

I am really impressed with the vigor exhibited in the growth of GreenHouse Kush.  If I had a better camera, I could show you what looks like pre-flower fingers, two on each side of each node, even on these little seedlings.  And I like the short internodal distance.  I have high hopes for this strain.

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpgIt's time for the next round of LSTing to strengthen the stems again.

• Like 1

10Dec2015

After they straightened up on their own, I pinned them down the other direction on about 09 Dec.  Here one can see they have already responded well again.

I'll leave them this way for a while and release them later.  Their growth is now accelerating for all except KK1PF.

Image038.jpg

Image039.jpg

• Like 2

15Dec2015

Excellent responses, and the seedlings are now pushing-out more leaves.Image003.jpg

I put some little sticks under the rockwool cubes to allow them to drain quicker, allowing more oxygen at the roots.Image004.jpg

Image025.jpg

By the way, I'm pushing the Deer forced Clones forward in flowering to try and finish them just in time before these Kushes will be ready for flowering.  You can see them in my journal deer-forced clones.  Here's the link.

http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/9334-northern-light-from-bulldog-seeds-clones-forced-by-the-deer/page-2#entry136890

• Like 1

Today, I released all the GreenHouse Kush seedlings from their latest LST, so they can again stand up.Image026.jpg

Image027.jpg

Image028.jpg

Image029.jpg

I bent KK2AH down in her first LST.Image030.jpg

39 days after germination, KK1PF, at first glance, seems like no change, but upon closer inspection (and after cleaning my glasses and rubbing my eye), I have noticed a teeny-tiny new leaf-tip.  I just cannot seem to be able to capture it with my camera.

Image031.jpg

• Like 2

Hi mate, 

Interesting to see how they react so small LST, I go to be very attentive to the evolution. Personally, sometimes I practice (LST) in older plants, in order to get more branches. But never did from so small, this will be interesting.

Lots of photos and info, thanks for sharing!  :santaclaus:
  • Like 1

Saludos Cannabissapean!!!

Beo que la kk1 esta un poco deforme?

Por lo demás ba viento popa!!

Bamos a ber que tal ba el LST en esta variedad.

Viendo lo tuyo me da una idea en probar esta variedad como responde con poda apical a partir del 3er nudo, y beremos que tal.

Una pregunta?¿el color verde de la parte de arriba es normal?¿podria acer daño a la planta?

Lo preguntó des de la ignoracia que nunca he visto un cultivo con slabs de lana de roca.

Saludos y suerte.

Arrankeddj

Cannabissapean Greetings !!!

Kk1 beo that this slightly deformed ?

Otherwise ba aft wind !!

Bamos BER such ba LST in this variety.

Displaying thing gives me an idea to try this variety responds with apical pruning as from the 3rd knot, and beremos such.

Ask a question ? Green color of the top is normal ? Acer could harm the plant?

He asked des of ignorance I've never seen a crop with slabs of stone wool.

Greetings and luck.

Arrankeddj

• Like 1

I can honestly say, that in the earliest Vegg-stage, among the GreenHouse Kush plants, I had felt that the Powderfeeding was doing a better job for the plants.  But with time, it seems that everything is evening-out.

But the "Keep It Simple" aspect of Powderfeeding is certainly the truth.

• Like 2

My Girls have all shown significant improvements and growth.Image000.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

And finally, the KK1PF has decided that it will live and grow. 

Reminder:  KK1PF is the same age from Germination as GHK1PF, GHK2AH and GHK3PF.

GHK4AH is about one week younger, but shows little signs of lagging.

Image006.jpg

And KK2AH is 26 days younger... as is growing steadily.  I didn't make any pictures, but I have already stem-LST'd KK2AH forward for about 4 days, and already released her about 2 days before this picture.  I plan to LST her stem backward later today.Image005.jpg

I'll hold off on performing stem-LST on KK1PF until a bit later.  I want her to gain more strength before being stressed again.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

21 Dec 2015 evening

OK, KK2AH has now been stem-LST'd backward.  We'll see how she responds after a couple days. 

I have noticed that the roots of each of the GreenHouse Kush plants have begun to grow out of the bottom of their cubes, so I will begin preparing the pots for their next phase of growth.

Even later that evening, I stem-LST'd KK1PF hard to the left...  just forgot to take that picture...

post-32574-0-35690900-1451467009.jpg

post-32574-0-69119000-1451467013.jpg

post-32574-0-61145100-1451467018.jpg

post-32574-0-15228200-1451467022.jpg

post-32574-0-36400900-1451467025.jpg

• Like 1

24 Dec 2015

Merry Christmas everyone!

and Happy New Year is just around the corner.

Today (24), just before the traditional opening of wonderful gifts with family and friends, I released both KK1PF and KK2AH from their bonds.  I was expecting them to take a couple days to stand erect, but I was surprised to see that KK2AH stood almost erect only a few hours after release.  But it looks like KK1PF may take a bit longer to stand erect.Image015.jpg

Image016.jpg

Take a close look at the numerous secondary branches now clearly visible on all four of the GHK's.  These secondary branches will eventually become the flowering tops after I top all these plants.  Yes, Jose, I promised big fat ladies. 

I plan to clone the tops (if they survive the procedure) and they shall continue their lives (possibly as motherplants) in soil.  The further progress of those clones will most certainly overshoot the time-limit of this Contest, so at Contest's end, I shall transfer the clones to a different thread for those who wish to follow their progress in the sunshine.

But for the time-being, enjoy the pictures.  And know that preparations are underway for the transfer of the GHK's into their future ebb-n-flow pots. Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image024.jpg

Image025.jpg

By the way, in my other thread, the second tall-sister of the Deer-forced clones of Northern Light has been harvested and dried. Curing continues.  And the three little sister clones have now been transferred into Flowering, and are doing quite well.  They're not so little any more.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

28 Dec 2015

The next phase for these girls will be in a pot with lava rocks in the bottom and clay (Ton) balls surrounding the rockwool.  This potted assembly shall function further in Vegg with feeding via drip, and then later when the pots are transferred to the Flowering room, the entire pot shall be buried to a similar depth into larger clay (Ton) balls in the ebb-n-flow tubs.  The flowering phase shall be ebb-n-flow.

So, here I go preparing the pots:

First, I line the bottom of the pots with lava rocks.  Why lava rocks, you may ask.  I have used this method in the past, and I have noticed that the roots of MJ tend to concentrate among the lava rocks.  They weave rather tightly there, and they send relatively fewer roots further on or downward.  This indicates to me that the plant seemingly enjoys this layer.  Maybe because it drains so well when the ebb-n-flow pumps turn off; maybe because the lava rocks contain minerals that the plants love.  I don't know exactly why; I don't care;  IT WORKS !

I plan to show you the roots as described above for this method after the harvest so that you can see the results too.

The layer of lava rocks is approximately 15 to 20 mm thick.  The weight seen in the photo is not important.  I used the scales only to divide the available lava rocks evenly among the 6 pots that I will be using for these 6 plants.

post-32574-0-51092700-1451472683.jpg

post-32574-0-84755800-1451472687.jpg

post-32574-0-55616900-1451472691.jpg

• Like 1

28 Dec 2015

Next are the Ton balls on top of the lava rocks with no separating material.  A separating material would disrupt root-development.  I add enough Ton balls such that the rockwool cube will sit in the pot with its top surface just slightly below the top edge of the pots.

post-32574-0-47244300-1451473273.jpg

post-32574-0-51556000-1451473277.jpg

post-32574-0-42278000-1451473280.jpg

post-32574-0-05695400-1451473284.jpg

• Like 1

28 Dec 2015

The Reservoirs have almost been run dry before this re-potting, so these solutions have been discarded into containers for use later in the outdoor gardens at home.  After the re-potting is completed, both reservoirs will be filled with new solutions at manufacturers recommended full strength.Image069.jpg

Here you can see the roots that are growing out of the cubes.  The time is right for this change. GHK1, 2, 3 are about 50 days since germination. GHK4 is about 35 days since germination.

Image071.jpg

Image078.jpg

• Like 1

28 Dec 2015

Removal of the duct tape.   Oh, I think I had mentioned that I make my own rockwool cubes from rockwool blocks readily available at most any home improvement store.  The duct tape was wrapped around each to provide strength during soaking and handling up to this point.  The tape's adhesive holds to the tape rather well, even during the soaking.  Never had a problem.  And upon disassembly, the adhesive releases easily and does not pull the roots nor the rockwool apart.Image075.jpg

Image076.jpg

After setting the rockwool cube in the center of the pot, and the height is correct, then I fill-in the pot around the cube with more Ton balls.

Image077.jpg

• Like 1

Working pretty well, i got my feet wet with fooling around with rock woll for the first time and fit was extremely akward to mysewlf and esp. the SLEX did not like that medium (or the way i handled it 9) at all. so i erased that and went back to my old ways, soil, perlite or coco with clay pebbles. Anyway, what I do not like when looking at your grow is that greem rot / mud growing on the top surface of the Grodan block. Shouldn't you cover the surface or add some ingredient to prevent that ? Looks ugly to me. But hey that is no harm to the way the plants do grow..Now when the blocks get covered you don't see that green slime anmore. Good sign that the roots were already passing thru the bottom. Good luck with your grow and have a good Sylvester party...

Peace

ONE

• Like 1