Slex test grow, along with finding my favourite super lemon haze phenotype. Long story

icegrowerice

Hi there, i have 10 seeds of Slex, and 20 seeds of super lemon haze.

Just started germinating 5 Slex seeds, and will do 5 at a time, with maby 2-4 weeks interval between them.

I will post pictures later when there is something going on.

What i am looking for in super lemon haze, is the indica dominant phenotype, wich hasn't long space between internodes and has a quite big chunky buds, fast flowering type. That is my favourite, it yields great, i have some photo from my first grow in 2013 of that phenotype and will post picture of that grow later in the month, that were a 2000w total in a grow tent and harvested 2 kilos and it were ready in 61 day ,wich is super fast for a super lemon haze.

Havent decide where in my operation it will be, but i think i will let the slex benefit from my high gear lightning tech, wich will be a mix between the latest and best Led grow lights out there, along with 1000w HPS, all will be in a coco probably 25 L pots, not less at least.

I use canna coco. 

Look forward to begin. Expect my first picture post around 20 of december, until next time :)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, 4 out of 5 slex seeds sprouted, but i realized there are some mice wich likes to eat newly sprouted seeds, but fortunately they only got 1 out of 4, but i then will have 3 slex for now and will sprout the other 5 slex seeds soon. I lost 8 autoflowering seedling because of the mice so i considere my lucky they only got 1 of 4 slex seeds. 

I am constantly trying new strains and my best strains i currently have is Blue Dream from HSO, Purple Dream from Grandaddy purple genetics, Opium from Paradise seeds, Critical super silver haze from Delicious seeds, Blue Kush from Dinafem, Liberty haze from Barneys Farm.

Look forward to have some good super lemon haze as well.

I just found a really exciting strain called Sugar Candy from Deliicious seeds, they are supposed to be really fast, extremely high thc and super yielding strain. New strain.

I want to try purple afghan kush from Dinafem and i Ghost train haze #1 from Rare dankness seeds, wich i currently have in my position but waiting for the right moment to sprout them.

Will post some pictures of these tiny seedling of slex soon.

• Like 1

oki i started 3 seeds of sugar candy for a week ago and their are looking really well.

Yesterday i putted 5 seeds of super lemon haze seeds in water and will start them at my home so all of my seeds will be safe until they are not fragile anymore to go to the jungle.

3 slex seedlings are doing okey, and i expect to germinate the other 5 seeds of slex in a week or so.

• Like 2

Hello colleague Happy new year :)

Wow, that led panel looks amazing .... I have really wanted to see it in operation (with plants). Super Lemon Haze is my favorite variety, since the probe first. I am sure you will like it :)

Slex where you got? If you have had problems but needs some extra seed, make a private.

Greetings! 

Hi jan.gh @jan.gh these super lemon haze seeds you gave me were really smooth and amazing. But you said that you would give me 15 slex but did only recieve 10, i germinate 5 and all of them germinated except 1 and i screwed over 2 seedlings. But now i am doing things differently and have 5 healthy seedlings of super lemom haze thanks to you. These babies will get some treatment believe me. World class product will be the results. I live in a island with a one of the best water in the world to drink and water plants with. The best setups with the best lights. Gavita lamps and led. I will pm you for more slex seeds if it is possible.

• Like 1

I'm going to post a grow wich was my first grow in 2012 and it was the best weed i have ever smoked, dopest dope ever, Suer lemon haze of course wich has more of the lemon skunk phenotypes and is the one I'm looking for. Hugh yielder and super quick.

First phot is terrible but is on a day 33 in flower.

post-38144-0-73691500-1452640368.jpg

• Like 1

Good luck with your SLEX babies. I hope you can fix that stretch.

You mean with the super silver haze ?

I think they stretch no matter what you do. Just a stretching sativa variety. Super lemom haze didnt stretch mutch and the buds were all the way down the stem never seen anything like it.

• Like 1

No, man.  I meant your babies. 

Stretch in flowering is expected and desired for some strains to make room for the explosion of buds.  But stretch in seedling stage is not desireable in my opinion.

After first standing up, if seedlings are allowed to remain in too-low-light conditions, seedlings will stretch waaaay too much because they are desperately trying to reach for the light, resulting in very weak stems.  They might fall over, and if continuous contact with mediums or moisture occurs, they may rot.  If they come in contact with their pot or when implementing measures to provide them support, they may become physically injured.

To reduce the seedling stretch, right after standing they need higher light intensity without excessive heat.

That means the use of a fluorescent or CFL or similar light source at close range, where heat is not an issue or is at least controllable.  HPS, MH or similar strong lighting may be too intense for a delicate seedling or the heat may be uncontrollable, resulting in seedlings drying-up in record time while you weren't watching [at work, or out shopping, or lack of monitoring even overnight, etc.].  Use of excessive air movement to protect a seedling against the high intensity of HPS or MH can cause rapid drying.

IceGrowerIce, If you are lucky enough to save these stretched seedlings, after they have had a chance to harden their stems a bit, then at your next transplant (assuming they're going into soil), it is possible to bury the seedling's long stem in the soil.  This must be done with great care, and if successful, the seedling should be able to sprout roots along the entire length of the buried stem (as long as it doesn't develop rot).

One way to reduce the possibility of rot developing on a buried stem is to bury it at a shallow angle, instead of straight down.  That way, the main root-ball is not so deep in the soil, and it doesn't remain constantly wet between feedings.

Good Luck

• Like 2

It doesnt seem to be so much interest in this topic so i am thinking about to cancel this long story forum, will probably just put some picture of the end results.

I sprouted 5 super bud seeds, and the rest of slex, i am putting alot of great seeds down now, Ghost train haze, blue dream, LSD, Green Crack, Northern light X Big bud, Dream machine from heavy weight seeds, critical + from dinafem, Purple dream from grandaddy purple genetics, NY power diesel from nirvana, Sugar Candy from delicious seeds, people will go crazy when this will be on the street, ususally we just sell Critical Kush and everyone has that and Mango Kush, so this varieties will be something to this small market wich it is here on this tiny island.

• Like 2