any seed from 3 differents strains do not germineted......

nirvana76

Good moarning growers, my problem is that i have buy 3 dinafem seed, 3 medical seeds and 5 grape god.

Only 2 dinafem, 2 grape god an 0 medical seed are alive. In many years that i grow not have this problem.....

I don know if is a problem of the seeds or other....... I had growed about 10 seed bank in the past, the first was white rino and i alwais use the only metod: glass of water, paper and jiffy or Rockwal.

What do you think?

Thanks, Simon.

If a seed don't sprout in towel I put it in Canna Seed Mix soil. That stuff is imo by far the very best medium to start plants. last time I just put 5 seeds directly from the package into the soil and within 48 hours I could see 4 turning their helmets up and a day later the first leaves appeard while number 5, that got a bit washed away to the side and was planted deeper also made it. Since then these 5 are doing fine. I used Jiffy's bad rock wool. better, but you can run into problems when the rootlet gets stuck within, EZ-Plugs dry ou quicker than the soil from Canna's seed mix. that is the perfect medium imo. Reliable and with it's fine structure soaks in water fast and holds it long enough. Plus the structure is just right. Neither too tigh nor too loose. If you grow from seed a lot that is the cheapest method as well.

But if the seeds did not crack up you should take pictures and contact the seedbank and ask for replacement !

God luck next time

Hy guy, i have buy 10 seeds on line of N.G.S. GRAPE GOd for 170 euro, and only 1 seed have germinated and i have send a mail for have any ansver. but 1 of dinafem is germinated and if you look the past plants in my gallery, i have grow: Curch, Romulano, in and out,white lemon, White Rino, Magic Bud Ice Dream an a plant call from me who whit her have win the plant of the month, so i have alwais 100 x 100%of perfect germination. But when spend many money fo a expensive seeds is impossible, mi arrabbio.

Sorry for this critical mail but today i have a bad day.

Peace,, Simon......

In the seed shop on Milan, i am not happy, and much more i cant find some regoular seed of Green House, so for ordering any seeds from strain hunters, is difficult to buy from Italy?

Because is the first time that try to buy seed outside italy.

I thank you for every anwer.

And sorry for my much more post.

Simon

• 10 months later...

I do very well starting seeds in eazy plugs. I just soak the plugs in tap water real good, do not squeeze any excess water out but just let them drain properly, and put them back in the tray with little labels, pop the seeds in, and throw them in a shut little clone dome. Don't add any water or anything, at stable 24 C you will have them pop in under three days every time, unless you are working with some old seed someone has held for a very long time or something, then there are all kinds of other techniques to help germ old stock, like scuffing (scarification) etc

The eazy plug method literally never fails me unless I try to get creative somehow and change something

Those are very bad germ rates though you had for sure Nirvana, was the seed from a reputable source? Bad storage of their product maybe or something?

Hope you are having better luck with it now